Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2015 at 8:58 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 6th Jun 2015 at 8:52 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Problem whit lot after installing Uni - Just some CC activating correctly (Solved)
Sorry, I could not make a better Title for this issue but I will explain as good as I can.

Last week I was playing a family of 4 and after that I back up the Sims 2 folder on 2 different locations and rund Windows back up. I also did a fast scan but did not find any virus (I guess non of this is really important but I tell anyway).

Today I installed the Sims 2 Uni and right after that I installed the patch (CD version as I could not find the DVD version but I guess it does not matter. Guess - not Know).

As I started the game there was a dialog asking if I wanted to activate or deactivate my CC and I keept it activate. Some of the CC had the but I seen that before and did not care. This CC was things like ACR-casual romance, bed shareing and so. So I jumped into the game and went back to the family I had been playing last week. as they have 2 teenagers I found it a good idea.

When the lot was open all of the sims where standing by their beds, bladder half full but all other needs full. I have seen this before when installing EP:s so I did not care. All CC on the lot seemd to be working (clothes and so on) but I did not find any CC in Bay mode. ??. Casual romance did not work and I found this strange as I had activated the CC. Oh well, I did play one sim day and then I saved and closed (I always do this when the sims are in bed). I restarted the entire game and checked the dialog again. Yes "Activate CC" was marked whit X and so I went into the game itself. I did open the same lot, finding the sims standing by their beds again. Bladder half full and other needs full. What now? Still no CC in Bay mode. However, the game had saved correctly because I had sent the teenage son to the uni and he was not at home now.

I let the adult sims rest on the bed, saved and closed the lot. Visiting some other familys in the hood, I found that they had all the CC on their lots. All of those sims were in the beds sleeping. I did not find the casual romance/spawn adjuster In Bay mode But the interaction was there. After an other restart I went back to the first family and NOW all CC was there. Still no Casual romance in Bay mode but the action was there. The adult sims was on the bed as I left them.

Q: Whats going on? Are the lot corrupted and how do I fix that (whitout moving the family out and in again). I got back ups but I guess I have to move the kid back home before I use it. Why did only the last played family got effected? Will the lot "reset" like this every time I start up the game?Thinking about it I remember that the Causual romance is shaped as some sort of a star but where to find it? It's not under deco. Should I keep my eyes on this or is my game a little messed up and will correct it self? I'm asking you because you are the pros here.

I only did back upp my game folder once this time (under C/user) becuase I did not want to replace a good copy whit a bad copy.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th May 2015 at 9:10 PM
When you activate CC, you need to exit the game and restart. Also, that option when the game loads only affects some CC not all. Some CC loads just fine, with the activation in place or not.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2015 at 11:33 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure how to understand this but I think that you say that thist issue is something normal. That a restart will fix the problem, am I right? But I don't see why it only had an effect one one family and why they where (sort of) reseted twice. I'm not going to play until next saturday as I do not have the time until then.
Theorist
#4 Old 30th May 2015 at 11:36 PM
Missed a step, maxon. You need to

1. Activate cc
2. Go into a lot (any lot) and save (This is the part most people forget)
3. Quit the game completely
4. Load the game

After that, the cc should work correctly. However, Mrmo, if I am reading your post correctly, you did that, right? If so, I'm not sure what the problem is. Did you try deleting the cache files?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st May 2015 at 12:27 AM
It's slightly strange things reset twice but I'm thinking first reset was due to putting on UNI, while the second was due to ACR initiating. Certain mods will make your sims reset just like an EP does and that is a large mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 31st May 2015 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe

1. Activate cc
4. Load the game

After that, the cc should work correctly. However, Mrmo, if I am reading your post correctly, you did that, right? If so, I'm not sure what the problem is. Did you try deleting the cache files?

Really? - I don't have to do that, just reload the game with the CC activated.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Theorist
#7 Old 31st May 2015 at 12:28 PM
I always have to do that, both on Mac and PC operating systems, and it's made the difference for a number of other people that I've advised accordingly. Maybe it's a hiccup unique to each particular pressing of the game whether it's needed or not?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st May 2015 at 12:36 PM
I always have to do that, both on Mac and PC operating systems, and it's made the difference for a number of other people that I've advised accordingly. Maybe it's a hiccup unique to each particular pressing of the game whether it's needed or not?

Well, it said nothing about that in the original documentation when the feature was introduced but some people have to try things more than once to get it working, or run Bodyshop or let the game think about it for a bit. It can be unpredictable and I wouldn't say don't try something if it might help (it's just that I don't necessarily believe that's what helped - but then what do I know?). However, there is comprehensive advice on the wiki about this:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU

Also, I'd forgotten but there is also the settings in Options for custom content which need to be enabled. They're always turned on for me when I reload the game but I think not always for everyone else.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 31st May 2015 at 12:50 PM
I don't have to do that second step either.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 31st May 2015 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I don't have to do that second step either.

Yes, I think what it might be is that the game comes with various checks and balances and what is happening for Esme is that loading the lot prompts the game to take notice of the checked option to show CC.

The game gets a lot of criticism here for problems with corruption but it is well-designed in some ways which made it much more stable than TS1 (and possibly TS3). One of the things it does is run routines in the background that check for stuff. Sometimes, the game will not pick up on something but a change in state, such as loading a lot, will prompt it to run checking routines and then it seems to notice something or will create needed files. It's why the Bodyshop trick works for missing skin CC. If this were TS1 we were talking about, if the game missed something like that it simply would not load. TS1 was crash-tastic if everything wasn't in place. This sort of thing is sometimes annoying because the game will recognise or think it recognises a problem and will wipe out or sideline files which is why neighbourhoods, sims and CC sometimes disappear (and why it's important to keep backups if you want to preserve stuff) but at the same time, it will run and not crash for minor problems (not saying it's perfect but it is better than TS1 ever was).

Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st May 2015 at 5:36 PM

1. Activate cc
4. Load the game

Yes I did restart the game completely. I did it twice but that was a misstake (I wanted to exit the lot but exit the game itself). I followed the link in the post from "maxon" http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU and page 2 do speak about start up the game two times.

"Often custom content will not begin working after enabling and restarting just once. You will likely have to enable and restart a second time (as described below) for much of your custom content to show up!"

I also found that the dialog itself should be set to Off.

"Go into the game options as you did above and make sure that the settings are still correct - "Catalogs Display Custom Content" is set to ON and "Display Custom Content Dialog at Startup" is set to OFF."

I should give it a try next weekend as I do not have the time to play at weekdays.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st May 2015 at 5:49 PM
Yes you will have 2 resets when you install a new EP and then after activating CC with mods like ACR/InTeen and so on.

I never have to start up the game more than twice for I do not have very much CC in so I ques I am lucky in that event.

For me I start up the game and activate CC and then restart the game and ever thing works fine for my game. (This is when I set up AGS games with mods.)

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 8:47 PM
The game seems to be working fine now so I call it "Solved". Thanks for all the help. I also remember now that the Spawn adjuster for ACR is not to be found under Bay mode. I have to enter Casual andt then Casual romance in a sims pie menu to find it. Sorry I did not recall it earlier.