Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 2:41 AM
Default The Sims 2 - Family Portraits & Snapshots (v7)
Nothing is quite so rewarding (at least for family sims) as hanging out with the family.
Post all your siblings, daddy/daughter, mother/son, mommy/daughter, daddy/son, cousins,
uncles, grandparents, (etc) snapshots and family portraits here!

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 9:33 PM

Emily gives birth in the small bedroom. Ulysses is at work, but Grandma Brenda is there to freak out in his place. Theo is also there, but he's naked, so I didn't include him in the picture.

"...he has red hair? Where the hell did that come from?"
"I have red hair, dear. He just has a bit of his grandma, is all."
"Oh. That makes sense, I guess."

Emily goes ahead and names the boy Scout. Scout is a much better name than what Ulysses had in mind.

"We should name him Megatron."
"No."
"Leonardo?"
"No."
"Gundam?"
"No."
"Charizard?"
"NO."

"Here, hold Scout. I'm tired."
"Well, okay!"

Theo doesn't mind holding him. It means he gets to play with Scout, which is totally okay.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 3:18 PM

Beverly kind of wishes there were room for Dirk in her and Jim's bedroom. It's such a pain going all the way across the hall. She also wishes being pregnant didn't suck so bad, because babies are nice.

"So when can I get on?"
"When I'm done. I've got a deadline."
"Oh, you don't need to do that restaurant guide stuff. Jim makes good money."
"And you spend it. I need to at least cover my own dates."
"Dates. I need a date. You suppose Estebanico -"
"No, I don't. Date Jim if you need to."
"I don't see you dating the same man night after night."
"You don't see me wearing a ring, either, do you?"

Meanwhile, downstairs, Jim plays with Tri, who came as a package deal with Beverly."...So then Uncle Daniel got engaged to this girl 'cause her nose was so small and his was so big, Mom said, they'd balance each other out. Which one is Uncle Daniel?"
"I don't think you've met him yet. He still lives in the frat. Aha, you've played right into my hands here."
"Naw, I don't - hey, isn't that Rock Goddess Mary Munny walking by?"

"What? Where? There's nobody - Tri, you put that piece right back where you had it! Don't you know cheaters never win?"
"I wasn't cheating, I just -"
"Don't go lying about it, either! There's no point playing if you don't play fair and there's no point talking if you don't tell the truth."
Jim really is a good dad, and much better than Beverly deserves. Between him and Uncle Derek I think the boys have fighting chances at not growing up completely feckless.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 6:38 PM
My own family as sims

me in the front, mum and dad behind and my brother next to me. They actually look surprisingly like us, except for my dad's hair.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 7:48 PM

Uncle Vidcund plays with Avarice.

He admittedly has a better relationship with Alarice, who doesn't puke on him.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 1:33 PM

And the newest member of the House of Fallen Trees is James Phoenix! Note that from the moment of birth he's interested in the people around him, so it's not just Daddy's eyes he got.

Dulcie is breathless, and a little scared, when Lora hands him off. "What if I drop him?"
"You won't drop him! If Bev can get one safely across a room, you certainly can. Hey, James, meet Aunt Dulcie."
"Seriously? I get to be an aunt?"
"Why not? It's easier to say than 'Uncle Jay's girlfriend.'"
Dulcie had been wanting to meet someone new, so when Lora gave birth, she got aspiration points!

Genuine Aunt Bev soon comes by to look him over. "Ooh, he's a wiggly one! Lookit him levitate! Not as handsome as Dirk, though. Is Lora still mad at me? I wanted to name my boy James, but I knew she'd called dibs on the name so I didn't. So she can stop being mad any time she wants."

It's all nonsense about Dirk being handsomer than James. James is the handsomest baby in Drama Acres; possibly in the world! "We need to get you a pet, lil' fella! What do you think, a dog? A cat? Maybe one of each? Yeah, there's room...The sky's the limit!" Jimmy just rocketed to the top of the Natural Science career (thanks Fivey!) and suddenly they can afford everything.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#7 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 5:51 PM Last edited by ella_in_wonderland : 6th Aug 2012 at 9:08 PM.
The Larson Family:

Kayla holding Lyndal, and Stirling playing with Caleb. For now the couple have decided to stick with two children. However...you never know. (yep she's pregnant. A little mistake -that I planned)

Grandma Bella playing with Caleb (as a toddler) in the sandpit
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 6:32 PM
Eckhard ran into his brother, Ponsonby, while Downtown.

"So like, there's this guy I like, right? He's really cute. But there's also this other guy I like, who I think has more of a spiritual connection with me. I don't want to break the other guy's heart though. I know you're horrible at maintaining stable relationships, but what do you think I should do?"
"Wait, you're gay?"
"Yeah."
"Ugh. Great, another one. Just what the universe needed. Why can't I have normal family?"
"That wasn't very nice at all! Wait, aren't you a bisexual?"
"I'm not a queer."
"What about that Cal-"

Ponsonby walked away in annoyance, before Eckhard could finish his sentence. Ponsy never really got over the fact that Calvin dumped him for being a cheater, so he's been taking it out on the community. He would much rather forget about that relationship entirely, and pretend it never happened.

However, it's a bit too late to try to hide it from his little brother, and way too late to try to 'cure' him (if there was ever such a silly thing), so they just gossip mean things about the ginger instead.

Which is at least better than the quadruplets method to solving problems.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 4:27 PM

This is the scene when Ashleigh PItts-Upsnott comes home from her dream date with Kestrel Hawkins - college girl playing videogames while Mom and Dad scream at each other. She's exhausted, and walks straight through the middle of it to go upstairs and collapse into bed. She vaguely hears the carpool coming to take Dad to his party and some feminine thumps and imprecations followed by a slamming door.

However, she's awake and picking at the guitar when Ashley gets home at two in the morning. "Hey, baby, what you doing up so late?"
"What am I doing? What am I doing? What are you doing, Dad? You went off to a party right in the middle of Mom confronting you about catching you cheating! How could you?"
"Go to a party, or cheat on your mom?"
"Either! Both! It's like I don't even know you!"

Ashley sucks it up. He can't smooth talk his daughter; he's got to lay it on the line. "Look, I know I screwed up. I have no idea how Theodora found out where I lived. I must be getting careless. But your mom understood what was going on. She's not - interested - in a lot of stuff. Stuff I need. So I find it elsewhere instead of badgering her. And as for the party - don't you know by now it's not just a social obligation? Parties are where I get what I need to know to make money. For you, and Mom, and heck, even for the dog. I could no more be late for that party than I could be late for work."
Will she buy this line of reasoning? Only time will tell. He has two days to make up with her before she leaves for college. The same college Theodora goes to...And no, I don't know why she's getting game enthusiasm while listening to his apology, but they played poker together immediately afterward.

On a more positive note, Tom Ottomas dragged his dad Peter to David's house for little Dave's birthday. Peter and Samantha don't approve of David's rock-and-roll lifestyle and hold it against him that he didn't come home more when he was in college, and he's refused several invitations. Samantha's at work, but Peter does show up and he and David manage to have a civil conversation on neutral topics and a game of catch in the snow.

Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 8:50 PM

Things in the Upsnott household are slowly getting back to normal. Ponsonby got his best friend status with his kids back.

Still, there is one thing he needs to clear up.

"Anna, I've been a horrible person to you. I treated your feelings like they were nothing, and had the twisted idea that cheating on you was okay. I know I don't deserve you."
"No, not really."
"Look, what I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry."
"'Sorry' isn't going to cover it, Ponsonby. Do you know how much you hurt me?"
"I broke up with the other girls, Anna. Not a single one wants to see me again. I don't want to see them again, either. I already know who the woman I cannot stand to be without is, and I hurt her so badly, that I don't know if she'll ever take me back again or not. I don't want to be without her. I will never stray again, if you give me one last chance."
"Why should I believe you?"
"I swear on my great-grandfather's grave that I will be loyal."
"Your great-grandfather, the casanova?"
"Damn it, you get the point!"

She accepts the apology, though she considers herself a moron for doing so.

The apology cements itself with a bit of nookie.
Screenshots
Scholar
#11 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 10:08 PM
Nervous reads to his granddaughters Unruly and Loyal Subject, though I think that Loyal is more interested in the car than the tale:

Unruly isn't nearly as fond of that book's brand of potty humor as her aunt Difficult was.

Lisa Ramirez talks with her daughter Tessa, while Tessa's girlfriend Freya Lam coos over her little brother-in-law-to-be Dimas.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 4:15 PM
All family is family to the baby, whether it's Mom...

...big sister...

...or cousin.

(Tiffany and Epiphany Curian, Honey and Ursula Beare, Gracie and Swainson Hawkins)

Currying favor is working for Ezekial Hawkins; as is being the only man in the house. His mother-in-law Kitty finally acknowledges his worth enough to let him in on some of her famous dirty jokes, anyway. If he knew what she was dreaming about him last night, Kitty reflects, he'd run far, far away, and quite right, too. She misses Goz so bad!

Scholar
#13 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 11:02 AM Last edited by Aegagropilon : 15th Aug 2012 at 12:34 AM. Reason: That wasn't Loyal, that was Unruly!
Since Faline is going to have kittens, Tara Kat's twins (by way of alien abduction) Sylvester and Felix have started wondering about how they came to be. Sylvester announces at the table that he's figured it out: a spaceship landed in their mom's belly.

Unruly Subject gives her uncle Siggeir Beaker a kiss. While Siggeir is well-loved and accepted by the rest of the Subject family, he still knows to avoid Nervous (and Nervous returns the favor by pretending he isn't there).

And no visit from 0-points-nice Siggeir would be complete without hugs! He hugged practically everyone in the house... except for Nervous (who didn't even notice he was there, thanks to daddy's girl Difficult Subject's chatterboxing).

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#14 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 4:02 AM

Merlin Hawkins has always felt especially close to his sister Sparrow. I swear, they're not clones. There's a whole point of difference in their personalities, and her nose is very subtly different from his.

Minnie Newson was starving by the time she gave birth to little Athena, her third and last child (though Gallagher's hoping to talk her into a fourth, and she currently has the feeling that she could raise ten and not be satisfied), so Minerva, who happened to be standing right there, is the first person to cuddle and play with her little sister. She takes to it like a fish to water.

It can be hard to get her turn at the kid, though! You'd think Gracie didn't have a baby at home, the way she mobs Athena.

Yeah, Gracie has proven to be less relentlessly sexy than Hawkins women who came before her, but I'm thinking she's saving it up for The One and plans to make plenty of homely babies. She was like this in Harris's house with Swainson, too.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 5:47 AM
Dustin, Beau, and Dakota Broke are up late watching tv because they all have the flu.

Casper and Danicka Dreamer look fabulous in the private school uniforms and stately surroundings that only the Goth side of their family could provide.

A Ramirez family portrait. Antonio and baby Nikhila are the new additions.

Dina and her kids have some family time while Dad (Cyd Roseland renamed Ryan Dorchester) is away at work. Dylan Dorchester is telling tall tales about aliens while his younger twin sisters, Carissa and Ariana, have trouble believing a word he says. Dylan got his auntie Nina's hair. The twins each have the hair of one parent, but are otherwise facially identical (to my eyes).

Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 4:59 PM

While taking photos of the Landgraab family I thought I could take one with Malcolm V and his grandchildren! (there is another one on the way!)

Left to right: Madison Landgraab (Malcolm VI's daughter) Ian Harris (Nora's son) Thomas Landgraab (Mason's son) and Jamie Harris (Nora's son) Madison is the one expecting another little brother/sister. Jamie and Ian's father is half alien if you couldnt tell hehe.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 5:14 PM

Sunday on Newsons' Corner, and Cooper's invited Hawkins Prime over. "Ma, I wish you'd talk to Gracie. She had a boy run around on her, and she's sworn off them. You know that's just not right!"
"Hmph! Where's her ma, then?"
"Now, be fair. You know Ginger never had her own ma's advice."

Gracie listens to Granny respectfully, but skeptically. "Seriously, I'm not fussed about it. It's even funny - Pollux was dating four girls at once and thought he could get away with it! But if I were a real Hawkins, he wouldn't have wanted to."
"Land sakes, you're as real a Hawkins as anybody! Your mistake was settling for a boy that isn't good enough for you. Put 'em through their paces! Make 'em sweat!"

Gracie doesn't have time for boys right now, anyway. It's senior year, she's taking art extracurriculars as well as her science classes, and she's got all these babies to look after! All her new little cousins are fascinating, but her baby sister Gozii is the most fascinating one of all. Much as she looks forward to college, Gracie minds that she won't be there for most of her baby sister's big moments.

Cooper's never gotten to know Pigeon that well, but he and little Dove hit it right off! Which is good, because it won't be long before she's in third grade with him. (Dove has yet to have a bad conversation with anybody.)

Mad Poster
#18 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191

While taking photos of the Landgraab family I thought I could take one with Malcolm V and his grandchildren! (there is another one on the way!)

Left to right: Madison Landgraab (Malcolm VI's daughter) Ian Harris (Nora's son) Thomas Landgraab (Mason's son) and Jamie Harris (Nora's son) Madison is the one expecting another little brother/sister. Jamie and Ian's father is half alien if you couldnt tell hehe.

It's interesting comparing your Landgraabs with mine! :-) You're a lot further along than me though - my Malcolm V just became a child.... And he rolled as completely infertile, so if he does manage to have a son who'll be Malcolm VI he'll either be from a sperm donor or from alien abduction..... They look very different though - my Malcolm V had blond hair and blue eyes. What hair colour did your one have? Do you have any pictures with all of the (living) members of your Landgraab clan together?
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 3:02 AM
The three children of Theo Fleurada have all come to terms with his death, but still they mourn. Ulysses suggests an outing would be a sufficient way to soothe the pain, with some drinks and poker involved. The other two agree, and head out to Rodney's for some R&R away from real life.

Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
It's interesting comparing your Landgraabs with mine! :-) You're a lot further along than me though - my Malcolm V just became a child.... And he rolled as completely infertile, so if he does manage to have a son who'll be Malcolm VI he'll either be from a sperm donor or from alien abduction..... They look very different though - my Malcolm V had blond hair and blue eyes. What hair colour did your one have? Do you have any pictures with all of the (living) members of your Landgraab clan together?

Mine also has blonde hair and dark blue eyes. The shade of blonde that I use though is more of a dirty dark blonde xD (I have a hard time finding good hair for this installation lol) I do have pictures of everyone else I'll post them up when I play them since its in their inventory already. Though I might be able to summon them on the lot and take it out of their inventory Wont be home until Sunday night though ^_^

I never thought about making the men infertile too...definitely something I'm going to consider :D
Mad Poster
#21 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 4:13 PM
More images from Hawkins Sunday get-together at Coopers:

Little Gozii waves her arms and kicks excitedly at being in the middle of things rather than shut away in her crib. She will cause traffic jams when people try to mob her. In the background, Granny is advising Gracie on boys, and in the foreground, Ginevra is entertaining Aunt Pigeon.

During a game of darts, Aunt Pigeon regales Ginevra with tales of the old days, when Mom was only the Biggest Sister at the Newson house.

Gracie and Pigeon's daughter Dove have a serious conversation about school. Dove is in first grade and Gracie's a senior, so between them they've got it pretty well covered.

Down the hill at the Skirt house, weekend breakfast is a much more decorous affair than - well, anything any subset of Hawkinses ever did, really. Dior is Gene's son and Georgette's half-brother, and he's desperate for her to like him. He's also very fussy about his clothes, and hair. This is fine by Gene, who is too old to clean up after little kids; but Georgette thinks he's a sissy and if somebody doesn't liven him up he's going to be old before he hits puberty.

Instructor
#22 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 5:52 PM
Like father, like son...

Stirling is sleeping on the couch because wife Kayla kicked him out of the bedroom. His son Caleb is on the couch because he can't stand his little sister's constant babbling. So, neither of them are having a very good time with the women of the household at the moment. Luckily they have the TV, otherwise they'd both probably go mad...
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 6:29 AM
A family portrait of Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant and their teenage son, Casey. Angela is at Uni. Lilith is shacked up with Dirk.

Kaylynn Langerak finally settled down with a Uni prof whose unit in faculty housing she used to clean. His name is Prof. Jarrod Lilliard. They have twins Jaylon and Blake Langerak-Lilliard and a younger daughter named Taryn Langerak-Lilliard.

Lady Madonna, children at your feet. Wonder how you manage to make ends meet...... This is Nina and her children Deejay, Bianca, and Blainey. Deejay is phonetic for D.J. or Don Junior. After Nina left Don she spent some time loitering the Uni campus. Bianca's father is a young buck dormie. Blainey's father is a prof.

Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 5:35 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 20th Aug 2012 at 9:59 PM.
Alright Lauratje86, prepare yourself! Its time to meet the rest of my Landgraabs.

From top left: Malcolm VI, Madeline, Mason, Malcolm V, Meadow.

The kids: Malcolm V, Nora (different mom), Madeline, Mason

Nora's family: Her mom Melina, Nora, Her husband Arthur, Jamie and Ian.

Malcolm VI's family: Malcolm VI, Carolina, and Madison

Mason's family: Mason, Thomas, Farrah

Madeline is currently at Sim State so no family yet
The rest of the siblings aren't very old either.
They both knocked up their beloveds at the end of senior year of college.
We're hoping Carolina has Malcolm VII!!!
Alchemist
#25 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 7:08 AM Last edited by omglo : 21st Aug 2012 at 7:30 AM.
I love your Landgraab family, Gcg.
Page 1 of 28