Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 10:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Showtime
Default totally problems
I think it's the mod file cause when I delete some of the mods in the folder then play the game it just shuts off, but when I put the folders back on the game comes on but when it comes to the second load part it only loads a certain length and justs keeps there, it doesn't shut off but i cant get playing it
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd May 2016 at 3:55 PM
Remove your mods. Delete your cache folders. Start a new game. Did this fix the problem?
If yes:
Add back half of your mods. Run the game. Is it still ok?
If yes
Your problem is in the half of mods you didn't put in your game. Load half of those and try it. And so on until you figure out which mod is causing the problem.
If no:
The problem is in the half of mods you put in your game. Remove half of them and try again. Just keep doing this until you figure it out.
Site Helper
#3 Old 3rd May 2016 at 9:21 PM
It helps if the first group is the mods you really like/can't live without. If the problem is not in that group, you have more leisure to just dump everything in the second group if you get tired of swapping mods in and out. And you have the nice feeling of knowing that whatever turns out to be causing the problem, you've already decided you could live without it if necessary.

And if the problem is in the group that you can't live without, you have the bad news more quickly.

(It's also helpful to check with Dashboard to see if you've got a conflict, although there are some "false positives" that register as a conflict or a bad file without being a problem.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook