Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 5:10 PM
Default Milk shape only showing wire frame layout
After my reinstall for some reason it simply refuses to show textures. Well that's not entirely true, it just makes textured wire frames no matter what I tick. I've tried updating drivers and reinstalling the program again only for it to keep showing up this way. Restoring defaults doesn't help either since I only un tick a couple of things ( show skeleton and auto smooth ).

For me this is really really annoying and makes it harder to see what the heck I'm doing. Anyone know why it's borking out like this?

*flops about like a fish*
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 5:29 PM
Have you assigned a texture in the Materials tab?

1) In the Groups tab, highlight the base group and click Select - the vertices and faces of the base group should turn red
2) In the Materials tab, click New. There are two wide buttons under the Specular and Emissive sliders and above the Default dropdown. They're labelled <none> if you haven't selected a texture. Click the top one and select your texture
3) Still in the Materials tab, click Assign
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 6:05 PM
I have done that and it still shows up as wire frame only with more color

Sockpuppet
#4 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 6:09 PM
have you tried a 3 window setup?
seen more errors on that right bottom window
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 6:10 PM
I have and THAT didn't work either. Just made it a bigger window with the still wire framed mesh in it. *head desk*

Sockpuppet
#6 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 6:14 PM
that is not wat i mean, change the setup to 3 window(window/viewport setup)
You can also try installing the MESA driver.
i also needed it on windows 7.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 6:24 PM
That still didn't help *groans rubbing head* but I'll look for the mesa driver. maybe that's why it's borking. Figures I finally get a grasp on what the hell I'm doing then all the programs decide not to work right.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 6:33 PM
Bloom I could mother flipping kiss you! Thank you thank you thank you! With mesa in I can see what the flib I'm doing now :'D

Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 9:46 PM
Hello!

I have the same problem that Milk shape only showing wire frame layout.

Now i´m trying to download MESA - but I dont know where I should unzip ...

I know this treat is older than 2 years but i hope somebody will reply please!

Thanks,
Astrid