Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 11:39 PM Last edited by live2draw : 23rd Aug 2012 at 12:04 AM.
Default problem with editing rotations in SimPE
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to do some animations for a gymnastics posebox request I have, and I've started with a pretty decent one. So at first I was having that anim rotating in the opposite direction suddenly thing, but after browsing a few threads I saw an explanation on how to fix them manually in SimPE. (thanks Echo ) so I was in the process of doing that and everything was great but I've run across another problem.

In the beginning of my animation it does a full turn, then a half turn then a launch into the air. No matter what values I enter, the sim still ends up suddenly going in the opposite direction at some point in the turn. At first I was under the impression that two 360 degree turns are not possible, but then I saw a post from echo that said:
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
You can have two 360 rotations, you just have to edit them by hand in SimPE (to 720)

so I entered my values like this (it's supposed to go in an anti clockwise direction):
0 -180 -270 -360 -540
but the -540 changes to a positive number (484) as soon as I hit commit, and once again, my sim suddenly spins in the wrong direction in the middle of the turn! I'm just about ready to give up. can anyone explain why this is happening? Is it really not possible to have two simultaneous 360 rotations in the same direction?

I'll also post my milkshape file so you can see what I'm trying to get at.
I'll appreciate any help anyone can give me, I'm really hoping I could get this fixed and have the two rotations.

Thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  floorroutine.zip (110.7 KB, 20 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 5:09 AM
I'm not sure what the rules are about negative rotations, but I'm pretty sure you can do it in the positive direction...

It's probably not quite what you were hoping for, but the simplest fix I can come up with is that you reverse the direction of the animation in the file (make it clockwise rather than anti-clockwise), then in the BHAV, set "Flip Flag" to true. (That flag basically mirrors the animation left-to-right.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
I'm not sure what the rules are about negative rotations, but I'm pretty sure you can do it in the positive direction...

It's probably not quite what you were hoping for, but the simplest fix I can come up with is that you reverse the direction of the animation in the file (make it clockwise rather than anti-clockwise), then in the BHAV, set "Flip Flag" to true. (That flag basically mirrors the animation left-to-right.)

Hi Echo, thanks for your reply!

I tried what you said, about changing the rotations to positive, but that doesn't work either. If I input 540, when I click commit, it changes to -484 now. i tried 720 too, I'm getting -304 when i click commit. and the sim spins in the other direction in the middle of the turn. am I doing something wrong?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 7:13 PM
can someone help me with this? please?! or if it's not possible can someone let me know?