Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 12:39 AM
The game's SIM creator has more items to use than the demo...how to move those to Demo?
Hope someone can help me with this.

The game's CAS has more items in its library than the CAS DEMO.

If I just wanted to create Sims using the DEMO, how do I get all of the content that's in the game over to the DEMO version???

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 12:47 AM
You can't it's called stealing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 12:53 AM Last edited by AceMerlin : 17th Sep 2014 at 2:30 PM.
But I own both the game and the demo....who am I stealing from???...Myself??

And I know that the ClientFullBuild0.package file in the game holds the items for CAS.

And CASDemoFullBuild.package file has the items for CAS DEMO.

Certainly someone has tried this.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:53 AM
I'm confused. Why not just use the game to create Sims? What is the advantage of using the demo at this point?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:29 AM
OK forget it.....but answer this. Why are some of the sims created with the demo and shared with the community not seen in the community of the game???

Is it not the same community???

It has to be the same community because some creations are present there.
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:50 AM
The advantage of using the demo is that it loads faster.

Some CC that was created for the demo didn't work in the full game, because EA changed the bone assignments in the object meshes. That didn't affect sims shared through the gallery, because when loaded in the full game, they were getting the new version of the clothes, not the old version.

And for the original question, there is indeed a flag on every CAS part that indicates whether that item is valid in the demo or not. Currently, as far as I know, the only way to change the setting on that flag is to flip a bit using a hex editor. Later, one or another modding tool will probably support changing flags.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:25 AM
Finally a message from an INTELLIGENT person.....Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously some people do not understand MODDING or even use it....wonder why they are here.

Thanks again, Srikandi