Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:27 AM
Custom Content Slots
I've made several custom shirts (For Instance I've made 5 different custom black T-shirts) for my sims and placed them in the mod folder, but when I go to create a sim only 2 show up. Is there a limit to the number of same style items you can load into the game?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 9:50 AM
Moving to Create > CAS Parts.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KMT1073
I've made several custom shirts (For Instance I've made 5 different custom black T-shirts) for my sims and placed them in the mod folder, but when I go to create a sim only 2 show up. Is there a limit to the number of same style items you can load into the game?

No, there's no limit.

That issue generally comes from trying to create more than one recolor from the same Color Magic output. When you finish CM it creates a package with a unique Item ID, which the game uses to reference your item. The ID is based on the "Unique Item Name" on the last page of CM. If there's more than one item with the same ID, the game will only recognize one of them, since it thinks they're the same thing.

So, if you want to create multiple recolors of the same item, the solution is to use the "Save As" button in CM to create several packages with different unique names.

Hope that helps!