Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
Thanks Chickie. I asked you because previously in this thread you had mentioned potions. I appreciate your answer, its just I am certain that by making another NPC sim or any other drink the poison, my quest would then end and fail, since I notice when taking control of a sim not a hero they also become a partner in the quest and are treated as such by the game, so if they die while in my control, so does the quest. I can't release them right before they drink it either, as when I do so, the action is canceled by the game. Darn it. I'll figure something out. There's much more to experience for us all it seems. TC Chickie

The xml I was using doesn't list the waters, in fact the game hates when you mess around with the water through xmls, which is why I had to add purified water made from the standard water to the recipes mod, otherwise it would have been the well water that was listed in the recipes.

Have you tried this already? It seems to know when you finish a quest that added sims shouldn't be there, quests won't finish for me if I don't release any core added sims first.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
The xml I was using doesn't list the waters, in fact the game hates when you mess around with the water through xmls, which is why I had to add purified water made from the standard water to the recipes mod, otherwise it would have been the well water that was listed in the recipes.

Have you tried this already? It seems to know when you finish a quest that added sims shouldn't be there, quests won't finish for me if I don't release any core added sims first.

Yes, I have tried it already, but I also had control of Lagger Beer. Often when my monarch gets some renown in the First Steps quest, I use it to make the Peteran Church, so Xylan has a buddy, and can help Xylan XP up faster by training him at the Practice dummy, doubling his XP from 11 to 20 each time a score floats, can't describe it any differently. LOL But I haven't tried forcing a suicide situation only being in control of a single hero sim. Always there was another hero sim, besides Xylan, or other sim for a quest. Course I always let go of whomever I am controlling besides the quest sim when I know the quest is about to end, because if I don't, the game continues, and its FREE Time in TSM&P&N, which I do not mind sometimes, but I prefer to move on to the next quest, usually. But that free time only happens when I am controlling another hero sim during a different sims quest, and only if I have not released the guest hero sim before allowing the quest to end. I lose the control of the hero sim who's quest just ended, but remain in Live Mode and still controlling the guest sim, who is usually Lagger Beer. If I want to, I can play with him and do all kinds of goofy stuff, and then I can just let go off him, in the typical manner, and I am sent right back to Kingdom Mode, where I can select the next/new quest. I have never had any difficulty in doing this, I go right back to Kingdom mode every time.

I checked on the Blessed well water and its properties/abilities, and they are the same as the Consecrated well water. It gives +10 buff for 1 hour to its drinker, and I suddenly remembered that I had my blacksmith sell it in his stall a time ago as the recipe for the special swords in the Cutting Edge once again failed to show up so he didn't need them anymore. And it sold! The price was only $1, as if it was regular well water, but usually that is not the true need when selling items with a sim in their profession, in most cases, but in fact the XP, or leveling up is most important to some, and the selling at the stalls of either the blacksmith or the trader is what levels them up faster than any sim possibly can in the game. Even if the Jacoban Priest had 100 sims wanting to be absolved he/she could not level up faster than a selling sim. My trader at her best during her Legendary Trait quest leveled up to 21, which is to say Level 10 + 11 bonus levels in one quest. Starting from level one. This was due to selling at the stall in her lot, and having her buffs up. Or maybe the Watcher is just awesome, LOL, or both? LOL

But anyhoo, both the blessed and consecrated waters are good commodities, as most NPC's are cheap, look cheap, eat cheap (unless its a stolen meal from one of your hero's), and buy cheap, so are more likely to grab a cheaply priced item from a market or stall then a very expensive one, unless set up to do so by the game.

Bless you, Chickie, may your day be great,

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Page 4 of 4