Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Crayola Carpeting

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 879 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 31,363 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 31st May 2014 at 4:07 PM
Updated: 27th Jul 2014 at 8:21 AM
EDITY GOODNESS 7/27/14. Or 27/7/14. Whatever: If you like these carpets, you might like this, which I just barfed onto my Simblr thing because I was too damn lazy to take nice, MTS-acceptable pics: http://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.co...py-previews-yay Basically, it's the same color palette. Only it's on tile walls and floors. Ooooh! Ahhhh!

Now back to my original spiel:

I've been trying to get out of my rut of decorating my pixel dollhouses in more or less all neutral colors. Trying, mind you. I'm not succeeding very well, but I'm trying. In my efforts, I found myself needing some carpets in not-all-neutral colors. I know there are approximately 39 million carpets I could have downloaded, but it was easier to make what I wanted than to find what I wanted. And I figured I'd share. And since I haven't uploaded anything here in a while because I've gotten lazy and have been putting stuff on my Tumblr, I figured I'd put these here.

There are many color palettes out there that people use to color stuff, and I was going to use a couple of those, but then I realized that I'd end up with a lot of near-duplicate colors. I wanted colors in different shades of all color families...which got me thinking about a box of crayons. LIGHT BULB!

So, off to the internets I went. First, there was Crayola's site, where I found out what colors are currently included in a 64-box of crayons. Then off to ColourLovers, where I remembered seeing an article that listed all of the hex codes for Crayola's colors. And...here we are. Carpets in all 64 colors that you'd find in a 64-box of Crayola crayons, on a new texture that I created because I wanted something both plushy and a bit shaggy.

Here's a larger version of the preview pic, for better detail:

And here's a closer-up of the texture:

And here are the colors:

Some of the colors are pretty close in color, but they are all different. And sometimes you want just a shade darker or lighter than the color you initially pick, anyway. Some of these are really bright, though, and should probably be used sparingly.

These have all been renamed so that you can tell what's what. No more Homecrafter gibberish. The files have been compressed, although that doesn't do much for floors. They can found in the *gasp!* carpeting section of Build Mode, and they cost $2.

Also, I remember that when I was making these, I kept wanting to type "Crapola" instead of "Crayola" in the title field in Homecrafter. So I apologize if any of them actually have that as their title. They're not crappy! I promise!

Credits:
Crayola, of course. I actually hated to color when I was a kid, which everyone thought was bizarre. When I was forced to do it, I had a penchant for coloring EVERYTHING in Raw Umber. That was my badass, passive-aggressive kindergarten anti-coloring protest. Turns out, Raw Umber has been "retired" by Crayola. Now I feel ancient. And a bit bereft. Whatever will I do if I'm ever forced to color again?
Homecrafter, even though I hate the way it names files.
Adobe Photoshop CS2 is love.
Baked Oatmeal. Baked oatmeal is the food of the gods. I ate baked oatmeal, with blueberries baked in, while I uploaded this, and that's why these carpets are awesome!