Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#151 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 9:17 PM
Got the EP today and loving it so far. This is the first time I've straight up loved an expansion for this game.

Though it is annoying how entire households get negative moodlets for skipping holidays (What if my Jewish household doesn't wanna celebrate Winterfest!?), like how your relationship with your neighbors goes down if you don't feel like entertaining the welcome wagon :/

The Receptacle still lives!
Advertisement
Scholar
#152 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Got the EP today and loving it so far. This is the first time I've straight up loved an expansion for this game.

Though it is annoying how entire households get negative moodlets for skipping holidays (What if my Jewish household doesn't wanna celebrate Winterfest!?), like how your relationship with your neighbors goes down if you don't feel like entertaining the welcome wagon :/

You can use UI cheats mod to remove the buff of sadness due to uncelebrated holiday
and also to change the relationship with the neighbors, although I feel like this one is somewhat justified..
you don't really need to entertain anyone, just chat a little and that will do..
Field Researcher
#153 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
I saw a clip where a thunderstorm happened and the two household pets immediately went tense. That's it though, not like they actually did anything beyond standing around acting tense.

Moodlets gonna moodlet.

I read someone's post that their pet went under the bed during a storm. I can't remember where it was now and it probably would be buried with replies by now anyways. I haven't played with pets much recently but that sounded very true to life. I do agree this game needs to stop relying on moodlets so much!
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

Wait, I thought you could completely remove any holiday including the default ones? I don’t have the pack yet so that’s why I’m unclear.
Mad Poster
#155 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
You can use UI cheats mod to remove the buff of sadness due to uncelebrated holiday
and also to change the relationship with the neighbors, although I feel like this one is somewhat justified..
you don't really need to entertain anyone, just chat a little and that will do..

Yeah I know they're all easy things to fix. Relatively minor annoyances. But annoyances nonetheless.

Especially the welcome wagon. I've hated that ever since they first patched it in. Don't punish my sims just because I don't wanna take part in a forced event whose only reward is a gross ass fruitcake. I'll meet the neighbors on my own time, Dammit!

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#156 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:19 AM
First impression: never had so many dead sims in just 2 generations since I downloaded Seasons! First one was stupid and my fault completely - didn't realize it was 'freezing' out (I live in Florida, the fact that it is 'autumn' gives me no context clues) and sent my bored sim to the pool while in fast fwd. Got a little exclamation that he 'joined the polar bear club' and I'm like 'haha aw that's cute! accomplishments!' and half a second later I see that his icon has turned blue and it's warning me to get him into some warm clothes. Oh, ok. Click on the fireplace inside for himself to warm up, then click on him to change into winter clothes. Too late. Climbs up the pool ladder, falls down as a giant block of ice. Dead instantly. Second death: confusing. The first sim's brother finally got married. He and the new bride went up into the lighthouse and woohoo'd. Took a nice screenshot of them looking out over the city (so romantic! so cute!) then they make their way down the rabbit hole of a lighthouse, and he doesn't come out! His mood is 'happy/playful'. Then I see it - he's LAUGHING TO DEATH. what???! apparently he was sick. and died of laughter. stuck in the lighthouse. death waited at the bottom very patiently for him. Wife didn't even realize what happened and his entire family was still on the lot eating cake.

Second impression: the holidays are cute, but a bit repetitive. I know I have to account for sims time and all but I feel like I'm decorating the house for Harvestfest (I've been going ALL OUT) and then a day later I'm scavenging the whole house looking for the rest of the stupid scattered leaves decor I put on all the tables so I can replace it with Winterfest stuff. I like the ability to create holidays although I've hardly done it yet.
Scholar
#157 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tamsin88
Wait, I thought you could completely remove any holiday including the default ones? I don’t have the pack yet so that’s why I’m unclear.

You can remove it from the calendar, yes
but if you want that only your household won't celebrate it (and everyone else will) you need to wait for the holiday than close it's pop up
and closing it gives your sims a stupid sad moodlet, as if they were missing out..
but as I've mentioned it's pretty easy to remove the buff.. so I don't mind much.
Scholar
#158 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffyandthewall
First impression: never had so many dead sims in just 2 generations since I downloaded Seasons! First one was stupid and my fault completely - didn't realize it was 'freezing' out (I live in Florida, the fact that it is 'autumn' gives me no context clues) and sent my bored sim to the pool while in fast fwd. Got a little exclamation that he 'joined the polar bear club' and I'm like 'haha aw that's cute! accomplishments!' and half a second later I see that his icon has turned blue and it's warning me to get him into some warm clothes. Oh, ok. Click on the fireplace inside for himself to warm up, then click on him to change into winter clothes. Too late. Climbs up the pool ladder, falls down as a giant block of ice. Dead instantly. Second death: confusing. The first sim's brother finally got married. He and the new bride went up into the lighthouse and woohoo'd. Took a nice screenshot of them looking out over the city (so romantic! so cute!) then they make their way down the rabbit hole of a lighthouse, and he doesn't come out! His mood is 'happy/playful'. Then I see it - he's LAUGHING TO DEATH. what???! apparently he was sick. and died of laughter. stuck in the lighthouse. death waited at the bottom very patiently for him. Wife didn't even realize what happened and his entire family was still on the lot eating cake.

Second impression: the holidays are cute, but a bit repetitive. I know I have to account for sims time and all but I feel like I'm decorating the house for Harvestfest (I've been going ALL OUT) and then a day later I'm scavenging the whole house looking for the rest of the stupid scattered leaves decor I put on all the tables so I can replace it with Winterfest stuff. I like the ability to create holidays although I've hardly done it yet.

Small and a bit too late kind of a tip: you can cancel all types of emotional deaths using MCCC
Instructor
#159 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 5:52 AM Last edited by Dixieland : 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Confused Kiwitea with Kiwisims. Oops.
Minor first impression: Kiwisims' awesome grass textures no longer work! How did I ever live with these bland textures!?

Of all the things to break!

Edit: Wrong creator name. Sorry 'bout that.
Screenshots

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 5:57 AM Last edited by Tamsin88 : 1st Jul 2018 at 6:11 AM.
So, waiting for a sale to buy the pack, but have been watching some videos. I watched one of the sim supply's videos where he edited his house during the winter and there was no way to change the season to get a better view of the build without snow, and those random snow piles that appear outside remained after her extended the house over them. So once he went back into live mode there were snow piles inside the house that he then had to have his sims shovel.

These two issues sort of seem like glaring oversights. I mean, it's been a while for me, but in sims 3 I feel like there was definitely a way to view your build without snow all on the roofs and everything if you were in build mode, and I also don't remember winding up with snow inside my house. I hope they plan to fix these things because that's going to get annoying imo.

Mm, and also I wonder what it does if you go into build/buy during winter and try to use terrain paint on the ground or place floor tiles on outside ground. Can you see anything? Or do you basically have to wait until winter is over or use the weather machine?
Stupid people are stupid
#161 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tamsin88
So, waiting for a sale to buy the pack, but have been watching some videos. I watched one of the sim supply's videos where he edited his house during the winter and there was no way to change the season to get a better view of the build without snow, and those random snow piles that appear outside remained after her extended the house over them. So once he went back into live mode there were snow piles inside the house that he then had to have his sims shovel.

These two issues sort of seem like glaring oversights. I mean, it's been a while for me, but in sims 3 I feel like there was definitely a way to view your build without snow all on the roofs and everything if you were in build mode, and I also don't remember winding up with snow inside my house. I hope they plan to fix these things because that's going to get annoying imo.

Mm, and also I wonder what it does if you go into build/buy during winter and try to use terrain paint on the ground or place floor tiles on outside ground. Can you see anything? Or do you basically have to wait until winter is over or use the weather machine?

Agreed! I Moved my sims into a house in winter, but I can't landscape the garden. Can't even place tiles, because I can't see below the snow...

I think snow got automatically removed when you went into build mode in TS3, or was it TS2? Not sure...
Test Subject
#162 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 8:51 AM
I am in love with seasons so far, I've played through summer, autumn and winter.
Winter is by far my favourite, my family's toddler got so excited when it was winterfest and I was pleasantly surprised that he was also able to join in when building a snowman.
I also found out that the ice rink appears on the edge of the park in winter along with a food stall.
I really like the calender and that you can plan events and party's.
My sim got really scared (tense) when there was thunder and lightning.
I wish there was more to do in summer, I don't like that they don't get sunburnt or a tan.
I've not tried gardening yet or flower arranging.
Overall I am happy with seasons.

Oh if you have a toddler and a holiday that requires a grand meal, don't put your toddler in the high chair because for some reason that doesn't count.
Stupid people are stupid
#163 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 9:18 AM
Does anyone know if you need one thermostat for each room? Or just one for the whole house?
I've turned the thermostat on, but my sims keep changing into their outerwear inside.
Scholar
Original Poster
#164 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emmabaker87
I am in love with seasons so far, I've played through summer, autumn and winter.
Winter is by far my favourite, my family's toddler got so excited when it was winterfest and I was pleasantly surprised that he was also able to join in when building a snowman.
I also found out that the ice rink appears on the edge of the park in winter along with a food stall.
I really like the calender and that you can plan events and party's.
My sim got really scared (tense) when there was thunder and lightning.
I wish there was more to do in summer, I don't like that they don't get sunburnt or a tan.
I've not tried gardening yet or flower arranging.
Overall I am happy with seasons.

Oh if you have a toddler and a holiday that requires a grand meal, don't put your toddler in the high chair because for some reason that doesn't count.

I set my Seasons long (28days), and I'm still in summer, I haven't even seen the other seasons, but I found a lot to do so far, Water Balloon Buckets are scattered everything for some free fun, Mud Fights during Rainstorms, plenty of thunder and lighting twists, and the bright coloured hot weather outfits make those dull sims shine, I really liking this pack and I know I only seen a quarter of it.

If you want summer to hot, everyday there is at least one world everyday with a heatwave going on, I'm using references from the built in calender to make my own personal calender, so i can plan ahead and avoid as much rain and possible and keeping playing households in heatwave worlds.
Scholar
#165 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelFrouk
Does anyone know if you need one thermostat for each room? Or just one for the whole house?
I've turned the thermostat on, but my sims keep changing into their outerwear inside.

You only need one per house
but if your sim went outside/was about to, than he stays with his outwear indoors as well
LittleMsSam made a small mod to fix it, but the last patch might broke it
you can check it here:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...-are-sooo-small
Scholar
#166 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emmabaker87

The reason being you can't give him a cut from the grand meal to eat on his high chair, and other meals doesn't count..
when you call everyone to the grand meal, the toddler is also getting the call
he can than grab a serving and go sit on some sofa/arm chair to eat it like a big boy

I always have a small armchair next to my dining table, so he won't be sitting alone in the living room
(and sims, including toddlers, attracted to eat where everyone else are eating.. so he goes to sit there on his own)
Stupid people are stupid
#167 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 11:47 AM
You only need one per house
but if your sim went outside/was about to, than he stays with his outwear indoors as well
LittleMsSam made a small mod to fix it, but the last patch might broke it
you can check it here:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...-are-sooo-small

Thank you!

Not sure if it's an overseight or a bug, but my sim held a dinnerparty on new years eve. Outside whiteout conditions. All guests arrived in party clothing...
There are now 3 tombstones on my lot.
Scholar
#168 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelFrouk
Thank you!

Not sure if it's an overseight or a bug, but my sim held a dinnerparty on new years eve. Outside whiteout conditions. All guests arrived in party clothing...
There are now 3 tombstones on my lot.

Oh man..
although you should have made the party indoors with the heat turned on..
there IS a bug that kills all npcs who doesn't wear appropriate clothing.. like npc joggers and such

and yet another amazing fix by LittleMsSam right here:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...andom-small-bug

the last one on the list.. it gives every npc that is wondering around the "immune to temperature" buff and basically saves their lives
Stupid people are stupid
#169 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:15 PM
Oh man..
although you should have made to party indoors with the heat turned on..
there IS a bug that kills all npcs who doesn't wear appropriate clothing.. like npc joggers and such

and yet another amazing fix by LittleMsSam right here:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...andom-small-bug

the last one on the list.. it gives every npc that is wondering around the "immune to temperature" buff and basically saves their lives

The party was indoors. But I'm playing the 64X64 lot in Windenburg. That could've been the problem. It took them way too long before they reached the front door.
Thanks for the link, I really appreciate it.
Forum Resident
#170 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:48 PM
I wonder how long it takes them to tone down the deaths. If alien abductions and 3-day pregnancies were too much for players then I think random deaths are even more outrageous

I haven't played the pack properly yet, so I haven't had all these deaths, but a part of me likes to actually have things happening in the game. Though the other part of me totally understands how frustrating it can be when you have your whole town filled with specific Sims and they just randomly all die out, phew. If I imagine that happening in TS3 then yeah, I would be annoyed (I care more about my Sims in TS3 than TS4 tbh). It doesn't seem to work properly. Having some deaths is fine, but having a whole party die because everyone shows up in party outfits or having every jogger dying because they run around in, duh, sport outfits then something is really wrong.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#171 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:59 PM
WRT the indoor sims wearing cold weather clothing I bet TS4 has anomalies just like earlier games, where if the room doesn't have a ceiling, or it's a double height stairwell that required the room above to be deleted, it counts as outdoors. You know how sometimes the outside wall frieze appears inside a double height room? Like that.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Stupid people are stupid
#172 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
WRT the indoor sims wearing cold weather clothing I bet TS4 has anomalies just like earlier games, where if the room doesn't have a ceiling, or it's a double height stairwell that required the room above to be deleted, it counts as outdoors. You know how sometimes the outside wall frieze appears inside a double height room? Like that.

I thought about that, but this house doesn't have double height ceilings or anything like that.
Scholar
#173 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 1:54 PM Last edited by Keren : 1st Jul 2018 at 2:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
I saw a clip where a thunderstorm happened and the two household pets immediately went tense. That's it though, not like they actually did anything beyond standing around acting tense.

Moodlets gonna moodlet.

Scholar
#174 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 4:44 PM
I started a new empty save game in spring. It was a cold weather day. I thought the townie generator went berserk and made tons of vampires because everyone had grayish white skin and looked really uncomfortable outside.

Turns out they didn’t put on their cold weather clothes and sims turn a funky white color when they almost freeze to death.

–-
I think it’s harder for harvestable wild plants to grow on lots now? I’ve been through spring and summer, but I can’t get strawberries. I think they might reset to the first stage each time I go to the lot now. I’m thinking of getting a mod to let me pick which seeds I buy. The random seed packs cannot be trusted!

I love the holidays. I love that you can make your own.

I have no idea how to calm down the bees. They hate my family.

Love the cupcake stand!!
Scholar
#175 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 5:49 PM Last edited by Keren : 1st Jul 2018 at 6:17 PM.
If you want your npcs to open up colorful umbrellas instead of the black boring one EA gave them
check out this mod:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...orld-seasons-ep
Page 7 of 9