Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2017 at 8:35 PM Last edited by jaycravn : 20th Jul 2017 at 6:16 PM. Reason: solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [solved] How can I lower the terrain further? Do I need to use Grid Adjuster?
so i used lot adjuster to put this nice* boat way out into the sea

but the ocean floor is being ugly

and it wont allow me to lower it further

whether im using cfe off or moveobjects or whatever, i cannot flatten the floor to the same depth as the lot edges
i dont know how to use grid adjuster for anything but tiny decks, and i dont think lot adjuster deals with this.
can i use grid adjuster for it??? do i need to use SimPE for it??? is it completely impossible?????

tldr
A) is it possible to lower the terrain further
B) how

*it will be nice eventually i acknowledge its ugly as heck right now
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:14 AM
Have you tried using "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false"? That helped me to adjust the Curious family household to ground level without having to rebuild the house. All I had to do after that was remove and re-add the staircases. Other than that, I haven't got any other suggestions.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th May 2017 at 11:41 AM Last edited by maxon : 19th May 2017 at 1:16 PM.
You could try lowering the lot level in SimPE but that would take the whole lot down. I guess that's not what you want. If CFE won't work (and looking at your pictures, I'm guessing it won't) you could try the Grid Adjuster and lower the lowest level* but I think it will only affect built structures not terrain. I'd need to check that. There might be an issue as the message says it can't lower the ground further - that might mean the game is reading the level as the bottom of the lot (so the SimPE solution might work but then you'd have to raise the level of the upper levels IYSWIM).

Ground level is the 0 level on the adjuster so you could try lowering that by as many clicks as you need (probably have to do it by trial and error - 16 clicks is normal wall height). If it won't lower the ground for you, try placing a floor over the area you want to lower. You can delete those road tiles as well though if you have cars coming to the lot, they will appear underwater. You could remove the portals and you will probably need to move the pedestrian portals. Also, the mail box (and the bin).

(*actually it isn't the lowest, that's -1 but is for basements and pool bottoms)

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th May 2017 at 12:14 PM
How about in lot adjuster try unticking beach lot, then lower the terrain, then ticking beach lot again in lot adjuster. I was just using a tutorial the other day that did that for building over the water.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th May 2017 at 1:16 PM
I don't think it's a beach lot Jo though the water looks as though it is unless that's Voielle's mod of course.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th May 2017 at 1:18 PM
Oh... well forget my suggestion then.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 6:01 PM
hello! i apologise for forgetting that this thread (and lot tbh) exists! but i have followed your gridadjuster suggestion!
before that i moved the lot using lot adjuster and told it not to allow uneven roads and so have achieved this:

so if i mess with lot & grid adjuster a little more it will be possible to get rid of the weird ridge and seal the holes in the world! yay!
&yes i am using voielles water mod !
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 6:16 PM
and for anyone who wants the reference:
  • moving the lot with lot adjuster and saying 'do not allow uneven roads' resulted in the road being flattened to the same level as the lot edges but left the rest of the lot still too high
  • i used an unlevelled wall from the road to the high area and wallpapered it so i could see how many clicks the height difference was - 7 walls, 1 wall is 16 clicks so 112 clicks
  • grid adjuster doesnt seem to allow you to move level 0 to 0 more than -99 clicks down and the 'relative to current elevation' tickbox vanishes if you are only moving level 0 to 0
  • so because i had a pool and maxon said -1 is for pool bottoms i moved level -1 to 0, which allowed me to tick 'relative to current elevation', down 112 clicks
  • when i loaded the lot it was as in the image but without the ridge however there was a layer of where the pool surface had bee floating above the ground
  • so i turned cfe off and ctrl-clicked with the pool tool over the whole lot (- the 1 tile edge border) and that got rid of the floating pool surface but created the ridge.
  • i then replaced the pool and i will fix the ridge in grid adjuster.
looooots of time loading the game but now i get a cool boat yay