Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 1:51 PM Last edited by Aurichu : 2nd Aug 2017 at 4:17 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Ultimate is Flickering and choppy looking water (windows 10)
Hello! first time posting! I hope this is the right place.

I recently started playing the sims 2 on my laptop and the game keeps flickering just when I was finally able to run it without lag after replacing graphics rules and video files using leefish's hack.
I'm on windows 10, I've tried running it on compatibility all the way down to Vista but nothing changes. I was reading previous threads and I changed it to run as admin but I don't know what else to do.

My pc specs:
Windows 10 64bit
Processor: Intel Core i7-5500 CPU 2.4Ghz
Ram: 12GB
Graphics Card: AMD R7 M265 Series

Quick side notes: I read that I'm supposed to change the smooth edges settings but smooth edges settings are gray out. I've tried several fixes for it but none have seemed to work for me.
also, the river water on pleasant view water looks choppy (like solid light blue) while the lakes look normal... Halp
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AURICHU-config-log.rar (3.1 KB, 285 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 2:19 PM
Have a look at the article in my signature, there are some tips that may help you. Then you may have to head over to Leefish afterwards.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 2:30 PM
For the flickering, toggle Smooth Edges (if it's on, turn it off; if it's off, turn it on)

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 4:16 PM
It works! It turns out I had the wrong graphics rules file oh welp.
Thank you so much!