Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:13 AM Last edited by Josefa_B : 4th Nov 2017 at 9:57 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default HoodChecker "User File Warning--Sim has no Character File" & Warning
Hi everyone. I've just runned Mootilda's HoodChecker (as I do everytime I quit the game) and the results were:

User File Warnings:
Sim has no Character file: 0x00FF SimID=0x7FD96B54
Family Ties:
Sim Relations:
Sim Wants and Fears:
Memories:

I googled it and I saw that DameMika had the same problem, so I followed the steps given in that thread. The result on SimPE was:

Group 7FEDFE16: [Object Data guid: 0x7FD96B54] TemplatePerson (0x0080) (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package)

My question is, what I do now with this information? Is it necessary to fix it? Is there a way to fix it? How do I fix it? I wonder how did I get this problem, I check for corruption everytime I play, and and I have never gotten this message before. All I did before playing today was download some food items and careers from this site, no lots. And while playing the game, I moved a family to an empty lot and made one of the sims to move out. He's now on the family bin of the neighbourhood. BUT, before playing with that family, I entered to triciamanly's Desert Palm Apartments lot to convert it into an aparment lot, and I saw that one of the beds was unmaden. Maybe is the problem is there? I haven't runned the game since I used the HoodChecker.
Also, I have a recent backup, so if the problem is unfixable, do I just need to use this copy?

UPDATE: Today I tried my backup copy and everything went allright, the Hoodchecker told there was nothing to worry about. BUT. I went to my Shopping District, and used one of the other lots I've dowloaded from this site, Shops at Chesterbeacon, just to see THIS GUY INSIDE

Seriously, what's going on?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 3:43 PM
HELLO I SAW MY NAME I AM VERY EXCITED

...anyway I know this thread is a little old, and maybe things worked out, but I don't like the looks of that. In my case it was an object type NPC that hitched a ride on a lot I downloaded. To me this looks like a lot that wasn't cleaned out all the way before it was uploaded. There's always more to it than simply getting rid of the sims itself when you package; there's a ton of little tokens and things that remain. In fact, I remember reading a thread here that indicated that there may be no way to totally strip a lot of all these references, which of course will lead to corruption eventually.

The case of the unmade bed is eyebrow raising because there's an ''Owned Bed" token, and I feel (but can't conclusively prove) that may have been the gateway for this fellow to appear.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 4:46 PM
The NPC did not hitch a ride - he generated because he is needed to tend the bar - which will happen business lots/bars/ shops if they are not owned. Perfectly normal.
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 5:55 PM
It's the best that if you download lots from any sites, test it in the neighborhood you don't care about so you can see whether it's good or you need any change.
Was the NPC already there before you actually had your sim enter the lot? Like he was spawned in build/buy mode when you entered the lot in neighborhood mode? I had the same issue before but I didn't really take it too seriously because the NPC would either be used by the game or removed by Hood Checker.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 9:57 PM
OP, could you have used the apartment yourself? There is no indication on the thread or in the pictures that a sim has been in the lot.
Sims are not allowed to be used to test lots for upload now, but I am not sure when we began to enforce that rule, older lots are around before that rule was in place. I have let the creator know by pm.

The second picture is normal. Unowned community lots can go live. They can go live during building in build mode and no doubt went live as you loaded it. I know it's strange but it happens and when it does it can spawn an NPC or fountains will start running. It happens in a fraction of a second sometimes and we don't know why. If a creator notices their lot went live the best course of action is to remove the sim references generated in simpe, however, no lot is 100% clean of references, just so you know even blank unplayed with lots come with a base standard of references.

So no the NPC did not hitch a ride that isn't possible.
Removing sim references does not make a lot empty of references it just removes the extra ones.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 8:14 PM
Hi everyone. I resolved this a while ago by using my back-up copy and I haven't had any problem since then. But I'm still unsure about the unmaden bed in the apartment (which I have never used before, nor I do now). Thanks for the response anyways.