Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2015 at 9:26 PM
Default No options showing in cas
Hi,
i updated my game today and when i try to make a new sim nothing is showing there but the sim itself and i can't go back to the main menu.
i tried to run it without the mods and it works but i can't play the game without them. i tried to run them with mod conflict detector and it shows no problem with the mods.
maybe some of them are not updated but i don't know which of them. i have more than 1000 mods and i don't know how i could check all of them.
if someone knows what to do please help me.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Dec 2015 at 9:59 PM
Use a Mod Manager http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=546572
Disable all mods.. run the game and see if it works.
Enable mods in groups of 20-100 at a time and check again.
As soon as the game breaks.. you know it was one of the last 20-100 that you enabled. Disable 10 of those and find it through process of elimination.

Alternatively you can move all mods to a temporary folder and re-add them in groups.
If they pass the test put them in a subfolder and add more for testing ETC.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 6:54 AM
thank you, it's working now
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 12:15 PM
I'm having this same issue with my game. Do you know which mod/s it was causing the issue?
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 12:44 AM
There is nothing with my mods. In fact i only have one and i took that out and im still seeing this problem. Like what is wrong with my game?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 1:59 AM
1. delete your cache files (any .package file can be safely deleted)
2. repair your game. You can do this under origin - the play button has two icons - click the left one and repair your game. This should work. Make sure your game is updated as well. Regardless of whether you have the latest expansion, EA still updated everybody's game.
3. if that doesn't work -
remove your mods, saves, tray, screenshots, custom music folders to your desktop or somewhere safe. Any folder that has custom something (music, screenshots, etc) you want to take out of your Sims 4 folder.
4. Rename your The Sims 4 folder - The Sims 4.old
5. Run your game
6. Exit your game
7. You should now see two folders in your Electronic Arts folder - The Sims 4 and The Sims 4.old
8. Delete the Sims4.old folder - make sure anything you wanted to keep was not still in there.
9. Put back your custom music, your tray files, saves, mods and screenshots.
You should be able to run your game. If you are STILL having an issue, you may need to kiss your existing save files goodbye. Either remove them temporarily to a new folder, or delete them permanently.