Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 3:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Replacement Cell Phones Disappearing
Okay. Call me crazy, but my Googling hasn't turned up anything on this front besides a question posed and never answered--I have the AL patch from MATY, everything was working groovy, then I decided to get a cell phone default replacement (so my Sims could have smartphones), and now once again, I suffer from the Disappearing Cell Phone Plague. Get a call? Poof, no phone. Make a call? Oops, no such phone!

Does anyone have any solves for this short of not using my replacement? I have the AL fixes loading after the replacement (which oddly seems to un-replace the phone for Sims who don't have the new one, Sims with the replacement in their inventory are fine), and it doesn't fix the problem. I think I had it loading before, but it obviously wasn't working then or I wouldn't have moved it to load after.

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) ยท TS4
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 4:08 AM
Moving to help.

You should probably remove alfixes, most of what it fixes was fixed in the AL patch and anything else I believe can be fixed with other separate fixes. I found nothing changed on removal about 2 years ago now. Alfixes has 'feature' not stated such as removing date cards.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~