Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 13th May 2013 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SeeMyu
Nope. Slowmotionviz 1-8 only sets the gameplay speed to slow motion, not the camera movement itself. You need to refer to Step One in the tutorial and edit the lerp duration. The higher the lerp duration value, the slower the camera takes to reach the next perimeter.

That means I have to set lerp duration more than 30.0?
Mine is set to 30.0 and the camera still moves little bit fast. I can set the lerp duration to 50.0?

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Advertisement
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th May 2013 at 1:18 AM
If it's moving fast at 30.0 Lerp Duration, you need to remove the camera mod that you have installed. It must be conflicting with the videocamera.ini file. Once removed, try editing the Lerp Duration again. 30 is a pretty good slow speed, so I'd say keep it there.

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Scholar
#28 Old 15th May 2013 at 1:32 AM
If it's moving fast at 30.0 Lerp Duration, you need to remove the camera mod that you have installed. It must be conflicting with the videocamera.ini file. Once removed, try editing the Lerp Duration again. 30 is a pretty good slow speed, so I'd say keep it there.

So that means I have to remove the camera mod ( No Drift ). Edit the Lerp Duration again and it should work properly. I will try it out tonight. Thanks SeeMyu.

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Scholar
#29 Old 20th May 2013 at 10:19 AM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 21st May 2013 at 12:17 PM.
Sorry about this but this will be my last troubleshoot problem...

SOLVED
I was testing out the lerpduraction.. I played with any seconds.. 30.0, 40.0 or 50.0.
I was doing this ingame and there was no difference.. Just 2.0 seconds default lerp.

I removed the camera mod in my mod folder and I'm running Windows 8...
---
It looks like I have to re-install the base game..
I remember I forgot to back it up and I was configuring it without backing it out...

---
Okay this is really strange.. I removed the videocamera file and when I came back in the game.. The video camera is still working... Strange..

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#30 Old 20th May 2013 at 2:44 PM
Okay, you're not setting the Lerp Duration values correctly.

Here's a excerpt from the tutorial in Step One:

It may value a different number depending on what you change it to or what the camera mod changes it to. If you want slower perimeters, you want to increase the value of the LerpDuration..if you want faster perimeters, you will want to decrease the value.
but for normal perimeters, you may just want to change the value to 30
so now it should look like this:

-------------------------------

See how the values look in those two images? You need to enter the values as whole numbers, and not to the tenth place. What you're entering now makes no difference because all you are entering is half of a second.

Scholar
#31 Old 20th May 2013 at 9:57 PM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 21st May 2013 at 12:17 PM.
SOLVED

I set this for a long time.. But still nothing... The camera mod has been removed and it looks like something is conflicting the videocamera.ini.
I will try to re-install the game... If you don't have any answers. I can re-install the base game if it solves the problem.

-----------------
Sorry I mean't 30.0, 40.0 or 50.0. Not 0.40, 0.30 or 0.50... That's how I confused you... :/ Damn it!!

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#32 Old 20th May 2013 at 11:35 PM
Before reinstalling it, do you happen to have any other mods that could possibly be conflicting with the VideoCamera.ini file? Try running the game without mods and see the result!

Scholar
#33 Old 21st May 2013 at 9:35 AM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 21st May 2013 at 12:54 PM.
SOLVED

Okay I removed my mod folder and now the lerpduration is working properly! LoL I made my lerp way to slow... I better stick with 20.0.. Hehe

Now I have to scramble all the mod files.. Damn which file is conflicting my videocamera.ini... Hehe :D

-----
There's nothing with the camera mod causing the problem. It's only one nasty mod which is out of date or not functional. I better check with NRAAS or other mods on Mod The Sims. Anyway that solved the problem... I better keep looking one nasty mod.

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#34 Old 21st May 2013 at 5:51 PM
Yeah. I think one of the NRaas mods conflicts with that file if edited! Depends on which one you're using though. I'm glad you've got it working though!

Scholar
#35 Old 22nd May 2013 at 12:20 AM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 22nd May 2013 at 3:18 AM.
Yep... I forgot to update my master controller...

Hehe anyway... Thank you so much for helping me... Well at least I didn't re-install the base game... hehe

----
Hmmm it's not NRAAS causing it... I found bunch of folders with mods but I don't know which one is a sneaky mod... hehe

SOLVED

I found one mod is called Content Patch and I don't know how did I get that package, and also the camera mod isn't working anymore... So yeah... "No Drift Mod" and "one random" package aren't working properly and they were conflicting my videocamera.ini.

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Test Subject
#36 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 7:12 PM
Hi this is EXTREMELY helpful, thank you so much! I was just wondering though, is FRAPS available for mac? I was checking out their website and all i found was that it was a 'windows' program... definitely PC? If so are there any other similar programs for mac users? Thank you :D
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#37 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 7:24 PM
pixiejinxedyou — Unfortunately, FRAPS is not MAC supported. Camtasia Studio is a solely MAC supported video game capture program and I've heard spectacular reviews on it! http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html

Test Subject
#38 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 7:59 PM
Default Thank you!
pixiejinxedyou — Unfortunately, FRAPS is not MAC supported. Camtasia Studio is a solely MAC supported video game capture program and I've heard spectacular reviews on it! http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html

Thank you, but it's quite expensive so i'll probably stick to the in game recorder for now... :p
Test Subject
#39 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 5:29 PM
This would be awesome if I could find the videocamera.ini file.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#40 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carsonscave
This would be awesome if I could find the videocamera.ini file.

The videocamera.ini file can be located here:

C://ProgramFiles (Program Files x86)/ElectronicArts/TheSims3/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Ini...

Scholar
#41 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 12:18 AM
Hey SeeMyu,

I this may be common, but when ever I record a footage outside with a two story building. The building drops to one story... I sometimes get that when ever I record by using Ctrl 5,6,7 and 8.

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#42 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 8:18 PM
It depends on what level that building is set on when you set your camera parameters. When setting them, to avoid that, make sure that the current building that you're filming at has all of the walls up and it set on the max floor level before you set the parameters. I dunno why the game does that; it's pretty weird.

Scholar
#43 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 2:13 PM
It depends on what level that building is set on when you set your camera parameters. When setting them, to avoid that, make sure that the current building that you're filming at has all of the walls up and it set on the max floor level before you set the parameters. I dunno why the game does that; it's pretty weird.

Yeah... It is pretty weird and annoying. But I get the the building glitch sometimes when ever I record a video with a camera parameter.

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Test Subject
#44 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 6:01 PM
I have a question, whenever i go into camera mode. On the side it says where the sim is, is there any way to turn it off? Because it's really annoying when filming with fraps.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#45 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 8:26 PM
SharOwnaa - In camera mode, you can press F10 to disable the User-Interface and it will make all of that disappear, leaving more room for filming! To re-enable it, just press F10 again.

Test Subject
#46 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 9:32 PM
Default Umm Help?
On your first step my pc says it can't find the file your looking for! I copied and pasted the file and I couldn't find it
Test Subject
#47 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 8:18 AM
Err.. it doesn't work... I did what you say, and it says "acces is denied" ....
Test Subject
#48 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 7:48 PM
I have a problem. When i am playing the game and using the camera mod it works just fine. When I look after that to the recoring i made it is not sharp view, it looks like the camera is moving to fast and there are all squares on the recoring. I already tried to delete the camera mod and editing the Lerp Duration again but is isn't working.
How can i get rid of this?
Test Subject
#49 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 7:25 PM
Thank you!!! You have been very helpful!
Test Subject
#50 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:19 AM
Okay can someone help me I try this again and again and nothing works.... I try to save it but it says access denied yet it isn't in read-only mode.... Its frustrating.... Please help and I tried it from a video copying and pasting the file but it didn't work either nor show any difference even if lerpduration is the time in between shots please help me.... This is frustrating me.... The only camera mod in my game is for steady camera movements but meh my game already had those... idk... Please respond....
Page 2 of 3