Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:35 AM
Default Need some help with who to pair up with who
I want to add veronaville, Bluewater, riverblossom, desiderata, belladonna and viper canyon to my preexisting hood that already has pleasantview, strangetown and my own sims living there. Since I've only ever really played pleasantview before I don't have any ideas on the others. These are the ones I need help with:

Timothy Riley - with Samantha or Kimberly Cordial
Jodie Larson - Leod McGreggor or gabe O'Mackey
Jason Larson - Natasha una, Tara Kat or Alexandra teatherton

Carlos contender, Geoff Rutherford, Armand DeBateau, Malcolm Landgraab, Chester gieke, Kent Capp - Samantha or Kimberly cordial, chastity gere, Vivian Cho, Sharon Wirth, Florence Delarosa, Patricia wan, cleo Shikibu or Bianca monty

Gabriel green, Connor weir, Gilbert Jacquet, Andrew Martin, cud roseland, Julian Cooke, Antonio monty - Natasha una, Alexandra teatherton or Tara kat
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:45 AM
Hey, I'm gonna be that big old stick in the mud and ask if you're using the clean templates? Not doing so means that your megahood deal will eventually get too messed up to play. (Faster than you'd think in some cases!)

To be more topical, I would say let ACR sort that out, for the drama of it all.
Instructor
#3 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 7:19 AM Last edited by PlyPlay665 : 15th Jan 2018 at 7:31 AM.
What's wrong with Timothy Riley and Vivian Cho? Definitely Samantha given those choices.

I suppose Gabe for Jodie and Alexandra for Jason.

For the Veronaville singles (the only neighborhood aside from Pleasantview I've played extensively)..
Antonio Monty: I keep Antonio single. I think he is too broken up about the death of his wife and his children are too much of a priority. I think if anything, he dates around but never gets serious (in my game, he became obsessive about the death of his wife which leads to him hiring an assassin to kill Regan Capp; which in turn leads to his death).
Kent Capp: I made Kent Capp gay because I felt like the Capp family genetic line had no worries of dying out (though he ends up adopting a neglected child of Regan's.. but that's only because she had triplets and I did not want her to have that many kids). My Veronaville continues the parody of Shakespeare so he married a custom Sim named after King Lear from the play he is from. From your choices, though, I would maybe say Florence Delerosa maybe??? I would honestly think Tara Kat; what's your reasoning against that pairing?
Bianca Monty: Like the play, I have Bianca marry Luccentio and then make a personality flip. However, from the choices, I would say Carlos Contender.

Chester Gieke and Cleo Shikibu might work.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 7:39 AM
I don't play with acr I like to manage my sims myself. The reasons for those pairings is that I choose them for genetics so like to have a dark hair sim marry a light hair one etc. Also all my sims are heterosexual in my game.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 8:08 AM
Who's got the best chemistry? That's always my first concern, before anything else. I prefer all my sim couples to have 3LB but 2LB is doable. Less than that makes the game a lot less fun because they never want to do much with each other and just shrug when directed to check each other out. I suppose if I'd ever properly played a Legacy I would have gone with that one optional rule that the Legacy founder/heirs cannot try for baby unless they're currently at 3LB with the target partner. Obviously not everyone's play style, but since your first concern is genetics, that's why I ask who out of your current choices has the best chemistry.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 8:16 AM
Have no idea on their chemistry as I haven't actually put them in my hood yet. And I just change their turn ons to reflect their partners anyway.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 8:28 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 15th Jan 2018 at 8:58 AM.
Maybe I'm the only one who calculates the chemistry for sim's who've yet to meet, based on their personalities and aspirations. TOs can help quite a bit, but they won't turn negative chemistry into 3LB.

Edit: My other suggestion would be to get each sim in a room with the sims you're considering for them and then have them scope room and see how they think is hot/roll wants to talk to.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 9:22 AM
Chester Gieke should work well with Florence Delarosa - since they are both knowledge sims.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 10:53 AM
Jumping off of Justpetro's post... Timothy Riley should like both Kimberly and Samantha well enough, since all 3 of them are also Knowledge!

I'm too lazy to do all the math for the personality points and zodiac, but Jodie will likely prefer Leod (who is Fortune like her) to Gabe who is yet another Knowledge sim.

Jason, who is also Fortune, should get on quite well with Tara, since she's Family; I'd go with that one, personally.
Natasha's Grilled Cheese aspiration isn't going to score her many points with anyone who isn't also Grilled Cheese, but I'd put her with Armand, because at least Family/Grilled Cheese isn't a negative-scoring combo. (Cheese also scores moderately well with Pleasure, but there don't seem to be any Pleasure aspiration sims in her list of prospects.)

I'd put Alexandra with Julien as a first choice, with Andrew and Connor as the runners up in case that falls thru. Popularity/Fortune isn't a bad combo for chemistry.

So that leaves, um, that huge long mess of people in the middle? This feels like one of those logic puzzles where you have to fill in the chart, but I think it's actually less complicated than it looks. Kent (Knowledge) will be quite happy paired off with whichever Cordial is left (both Knowledge), or with either Vivian or Bianca, as they're both Family. Put Malcolm (Fortune) with either Vivian or Bianca...or Cleo, but I think she should go with Carlos, because the Popularity/Fortune will give them a bigger boost than she'd get with Geoff. That leaves Geoff with Chastity or Sharon...or both? I think we ran out of eligible men at some point. In any case, Geoff should be quite happy paired off with either of the Romance ladies.
Scholar
#10 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:13 PM
Malcolm works with either Larson twin.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:36 PM
One way to test out their chemistry could be to use the Find-A-Mate crystal ball by twojeffs at Simbology. You can set it to the preferred gender and age, and filter out married sims.
Out of the options you listed, I would probably go with:
Timothy Riley- Samantha Cordial (You could do either sister, but I get the feeling that these two are more suited.)
Jodie Larson- Leod McGreggor (Same aspiration and reasonably similar personalities except for shy/outgoing.)
Jason Larson-Alexandra (Neither of them have especially compatible signs, and their aspirations have the same level of attraction. I picked Alexandra because their personalities match better.)
Carlos Contender- Patricia Wan (same aspiration) or Cleo Shikibu (Aspirations attract and their zodiac signs have a strong attraction.)
Geoff Rutherford- Preferably Sharon Wirth (Same aspiration, compatible zodiac signs) or Chastity Gere (Same aspiration and personality)
Armand DeBateau- Vivian Cho (Same aspiration, but a good bit older) or Bianca Monty (Same aspiration, and her parents would probably approve.) or possibly Natasha Una (Aspirations don't cancel out.) or Tara Kat
Malcolm Landgrabb- Cleo Shikibu (Same aspiration, otherwise not much in common), Jodie Larson, or Vivian Cho could be interesting
Chester Gieke- Possibly one of the Cordials (He has more personality points in common with Samantha) or Florence Delarosa (Same aspiration, but also the same sign) or maybe Bianca (Never tried them together, could be interesting)
Kent Capp- Bianca Monty (Compatible aspirations), Florence Delarosa (Similar personalities to an extent, same aspiration), One of the cordials (same aspiration)
Gabriel Green- Samantha Cordial or Bianca Monty (Compatible aspirations, somewhat compatible signs)
Gilbert Jacquet- I usually pair him with Florence, but he'd likely have good chemistry with Chastity Gere (Aspiration, zodiac)
Andrew Martin- Possibly Alexandra Teatherton, Cleo Shikibu, or Bianca Monty
Cyd Roseland- Bianca or maybe Natasha Una (Aspirations cancel out, signs have decent chemistry), he'd probably go well with any of the knowledge sims also
Julian Cooke- Natasha Una! (Just kidding, they'd have terrible chemistry, but he could cook for her) or maybe Alexandra since they have the same aspiration.
Antonio Monty- I usually leave him alone, but he'd probably pair best with Tara Kat or Vivian Cho

I don't know if I missed anybody, but that might at least give you some ideas. I tried to take into account that you like to pair dominant genes with recessive as well.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:46 PM
I'm just going to give you a few of my usual pairings.

Tara Kat with Leon McGreggor.
Cassandra Goth with Malcolm Landgraab OR Armand DeBateau OR Antonio Monty (Malcolm if she finds out about Don before marrying him, Armand or Antonio if she does not.)
Kristen Loste with Malcolm Landgraab
Florence Delarosa and Lazlo Curious

You said only heterosexual, so my Kent Capp and Nervous Subject won't work for you. (I have a rule that if a male sim has had alien babies, the changes to his physiology allow him to become pregnant by his partner, but only then--that's how I get around the mental 'Not possible biologically!' moment that makes no sense with computer people who have no biology, but is still there in my brain.)

Geoff Rutherford has an odd face, if you're aiming for most attractive sim babies be careful to get some sim with a similarly short face.

Gilbert Jacquet dies his hair: he's really a blond, since you mentioned genetics as a reason for matches. His daughter with townie Sandy Bruty was absolutely adorable. (I only have romance sims marry if they insist on holding a want to, without my locking it. But I don't exempt them from passing their genetics on.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#13 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:57 PM
some good matches in my game are:
julien cooke and alexandra teatherton

leod mcgreggor and regan capp

other i can't remember right now

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#14 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 9:54 PM
To elaborate, both Larson twins have the same turn ons and offs and if you use the gypsy matchmaker and pay the maximum, for either twin, Malcolm shows up. Triple bolts. Maxis did that on purpose I bet since they all came with OFB.

In my game my Larson twins are gay and twice Jason has gotten Malcolm. I may do a new hood and put Jodie with Malcolm just to see what the kids look like.

@Sunbee yay another that ships Malcolm and Cassandra! They are really my otp :lovestruc

And I like that idea that male abductees can get pregnant by their partner after. I have male and female pregnancy from alien abduction so maybe reverse that with the girls. They become sterile after. Makes for good storylines.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#15 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 10:49 PM
I've not played my uberhood fully yet, but in one old hood I did have Tara Kat pair up with Benjamin Long... I plan to recreate that pairing. They make very cute kids! I even had a pair of born-in-game twins who looked virtually identical, although that might've been partly due to the game choosing the same hairstyle for both. Yes, they did have the same hair colour!
Family Photo for those interested.

As for any others in hoods other than Pleasantview or Strangetown, I've not messed with pairings at all! The only other one of note is Dina Caliente with Malcolm Landgraab. She's currently pregnant with his baby...

However, I'm very much a "roll for gender preference then let ACR handle it" player, so for non-ACR users, I'm not much help. I'd be likely to go with other players' suggestions - let them go to a community lot, let other sims join them and then "scope room". Or simply check their chemistry in the relationship panel.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 11:22 PM
If you play for genetics (which I do) you want to avoid pairing brown hair with brown hair or pale blue eyes with pale blue eyes. Since I don't play pre-mades I have no idea on any of the looks except for Malcolm who I think is blond so I paired him with a black-haired sim that I made.

Maybe you should list who has blond, red, brown and black hair and do the same for skin and eyes and pair them up that way. Also beware some might have died hair.

Genetics aside I still try and find sims that do have chemistry and sometimes I do end up with couples who are not as different as I would like, but I figure I have enough who are. So maybe get the main ones set up then let the others sort it out themselves. Even just a group and do scope room and see who likes who.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 12:42 PM
Chester Gieke - in all the hoods I have played him - always has very pretty kids, no matter who he is paired up with.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:32 PM
Brown hair and fat ladies, I think - but, trust me, he does not worry all that much about either
Scholar
#21 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 3:09 PM
all turn ons or turn offs are randomized,although some sims will always have a certain number of bolts eg:timothy riley and vivian cho

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#23 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
all turn ons or turn offs are randomized,although some sims will always have a certain number of bolts eg:timothy riley and vivian cho

Actually, my experience is that pre-Nightlife sims get randomized turn-ons and turn-offs, post-Nightlife sims get the same every time.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#24 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 5:18 PM
oh yeah forgot about that,just like how sims after freetime have pre-set LTWS

My Tumblr