Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 9:13 PM Last edited by Monsoon : 27th Apr 2013 at 6:34 PM.
Default Box junction
Some of you (those from the East Coast, or the UK) might have seen them, some might see it for the first time - a box junction.

General information about box junction.

Download the attachment. You'll also need to use the crosswalk. Otherwise, the grid will be under the stripes too.

Feel free to tweak, recolour, whatever you want.

Edited to add: street detail - no middle yellow lines.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  box junction updated.rar (191.0 KB, 111 downloads) - View custom content
Description: box junction+crosswalk+no middle yellow lines
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 10:12 PM
can u make a darker version made on elmigo's road texture pack?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 8:28 AM
It's very easy to do, you just need a simple tool like Gimp or Paint.net, just select the white area, copy, open the road texture you want, paste, save as .dds and it's done.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 8:47 AM
thanks
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 3:25 PM
Thank you Monsoon, the crosswalk works well, although I never really played with custom road textures myself, I've only been using EA's road textures. This might sound stupid, in which of the street textures should I put the Box Junction (Base Texture, Detail, Sidewalk Base, Sidewalk Normal Map, Sidewalk Opacity Map, Intersection Corner or Intersection Corner Normal Map)?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 3:55 PM
The very first one, base texture.
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 5:42 PM
Ok, so I'm having a few issues with the corners of each of those two textures. Take a look: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd....289199062_n.jpg
By the way, which Detail texture did you use for your roads shown on the pictures? Mine look really weird, the asphalt texture is like stretched out for some reason and I want to cover it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 6:11 PM
I don't know why your texture is so stretched, I use this custom road only for the intersections, the roads connected to it are different custom roads. As a fitting base texture, I use the base asphalt texture found in the source in CAW folder in Documents. As for the detail texture it depends on a road, it can be either the original stripes texture found in the aforementioned folder, or for a one way street, I use the same texture without the middle yellow lines.

About the corners, do you think this would be better?

Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 6:26 PM
I don't know either. I'll try to find a road texture without the middle yellow lines, but it I don't, I'll try to make one myself... and yeah, it looks much better that way.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 6:28 PM
Ok, I'll edit the original post, and upload the detail texture without middle lines.
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 7:14 PM
Ok, this is what I've done so far.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd....004274600_o.jpg
(I'm having problems uploading images on here)
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 7:17 PM
You haven't used the new crosswalk textures from the new rar, have you?
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 7:19 PM
I have.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 7:25 PM
So there's still the gap between the grid and the crosswalk?
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 7:26 PM
Nope, that's fixed - I changed that texture once you reminded me about it. (Yes, I totally forgot to change it)