Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:02 AM
Tips on Getting Tips for Performances
I just saw that my Sim needs to earn $100 from tips in order to advance the next step in her career. She's done some performing at the microphone and with instruments before but it never seemed like anyone wanted to listen, and she's never earned a dollar in tips. I wasn't sure if it was the speaker nearby (like in the default lounge in Willow Creek) but the Sims always seem too distracted to give a damn. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to meet this challenge? Thanks in advance!

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 7:53 AM
I had to earn 250. I stood in the lounge doing medium comedy routine after comedy routine. Drove me nuts because once I finished a routine they would walk off. I just kept at it and eventually they stuck around long enough to tip
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:51 AM
I sent Cassandra Goth to play "concerto" at the lounge and she attracted a crowd of sims who gave her about S100 within a few minutes, all repeatedly giving her S8 each time. Where are you performing?

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:12 PM
I found it's also good to invite a bunch of friend/aquaintance sims (but not playable family sims) when heading to a lounge with your performer. They tend to stick around the player sim longer and tip more often. At least, that's my experience. If nothing else, at least it ensures there's a number of initial sims at the lounge without having to wait for the place to populate.
Instructor
#5 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:39 PM
I went to Magnolia Blossom Park and started playing my Sim's own songs right on the spawn-spot. That way, it seemed like my Sim caught the attention of both passerby's and the people doing stuff in the park area. Got mosly twenties, but also some forties and managed to get to S100 in a matter of a Sim hour or so. Stayed there a little longer and left in the evening, having earned close to S1000.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:08 PM
Thanks for the help! I was at the Blue Velvet Lounge, and I'll try all these suggestions when I next get to play. =)

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Scholar
#7 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:20 PM
Going to get one of my sims to busk for a living, sounds like they can get more money than the careers!

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:58 PM
Kismet, it will eventually work at the Blue Velvet Lounge. It takes a while to get going, but then tips come pretty quickly.

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog