Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:23 PM
Default Invite more Visitors (Via Invite Household), Invite more party guests
I know there are mods for at least the latter one, but I cant for the life of me find it.

Also the prior one, if that exists, that too could be very useful

Just Call me Square!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:58 PM Last edited by marka93 : 18th Sep 2014 at 6:13 PM.
Put this in your userstartup with out the quotes "intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 30" now you can invite up to 30 Sims.

As for a party I not for sure but it could be hard coded to only allow 8 in the party invite but you still can invite more after you invite the party members.

See answer below.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:49 PM
Both mods are at sims wardrobe under sims 2 fixes.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:14 PM
Thanks katreina I off to snag both for my game. I will also be testing them out in the Stories games to.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 4:05 PM
You're welcome
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:22 PM
I get the same results with just the userStartup.cheat file. I have the following two lines:

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20
uintProp maxTotalSims 30

I pretty much always have 20 invites available.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 9:17 PM
I downloaded the two mods. The less messing around with game files for me, the better. :P

Thanks to you all anyway!

Just Call me Square!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 11:33 PM
No worries. But I do strongly suggest getting a userStartup.cheat file. They are convenient. In mine, I have:

alias tc "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" "testing cheats on" "testing cheats on"
alias td "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false" "testing cheats off" "testing cheats off"

alias dormBuy "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false" "full build/buy access in dorms" "full build/buy access in dorms"
alias aptBuy "boolProp aptBaseSpecificToolsDisabled false" "full build/buy access in apartments" "full build/buy access in apartments"

alias lotRes "changeLotZoning residential" "change to residential" "change to residentail"
alias lotCom "changeLotZoning community" "change to community" "change to community"
alias lotDorm "changeLotZoning dorm" "change to dorm" "change to dorm"
alias lotApt "changeLotZoning apartmentbase" "change to apartment" "change to apartment"

So all I have to do is type "tc" in the cheat window to turn the testing cheats on, and "td" to turn them off. Such a time (and typo) saver.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by squaretable
I downloaded the two mods. The less messing around with game files for me, the better. :P

Thanks to you all anyway!

I will also highly recommend a cheat file. It's one of those things that you will find yourself using constantly and it makes simming about 100 times easier. Say I want a chair on an angle, I just click the >< keys. If I want move objects on I just type mon. It's just a notepad file that you drop into a folder. I can copy and paste mine here if you like. It isn't game files, it's the config folder right next to your Download folder so it's no different then dropping a mod in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 3:53 AM
The only thing I have in my cheat file is the pets cheats and it's still really useful.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:43 PM Last edited by squaretable : 22nd Sep 2014 at 6:08 PM.
This is so useful!

intProp SeeThem 231
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
alias mon "moveObjects on" "Move Objects On" "Move Objects On"
alias moff "moveObjects off" Move Objects Off" "Move Objects Off"
alias "45dag on" "allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true"
alias "45dag off" "allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false"
alias "boolprop tce on" "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true"
alias "boolprop tce off" ""boolprop testingcheatsenabled false"
alias "quartertap on"
alias "quartertap off"
alias "lotzoning dorm"
alias "lotzoning flat"
alias "lotzoning house"
alias "lotzoning shop"
alias "restrict buildbuy dorms off"
alias "restrict buildbuy dorms on"
alias "restrict buildbuy flats off" "apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions off"
alias "restrict buildbuy flats on" "apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions on
alias "destrict buildbuy flats on" "boolProp aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled false"
alias "destrict buildbuy flats off" "boolProp aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled true"
alias "contrainfloors on" "boolProp constrainFloorElevation true" "Constrain Floor Elevation True" "Contrain Floor Elevation True"
alias "constrainfloors off""boolProp constrainFloorElevation false" "Constrain Floor Elevation False" "Contrain Floor Elevation False"
alias toplevel "setHighestAllowedLevel"
alias removepaint "boolProp lotTerrainPaints false"
alias showpaint ""boolProp lotTerrainPaints true"
alias tvol "floatProp tvVolume"

I don't know how id make all those work :/
Some ive figured, but others... less so. Ive also got Showme2 installed, which explains the top two. :P

Just Call me Square!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 9:00 PM
For the alias items, the syntax is something like this:

alias whatYouWantToType "theCheatCodeToType true" "description1" "description2"

I don't know the difference myself between description1 and description2, or why you need both. But at least one of them is what "help" will display. So one example is:

alias tc "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" "testing cheats on" "testing cheats on"

If I type "help" in the cheat window, one of the descriptions will say:

TSCheatSystem: tc : testing cheats on

You can also put notes in your file by using a # symbol. Anything after the # will be commented out. Hope this helps! I'm sure others can give more info.