Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:33 PM
Default Disappearing fridge
This is odd! My sim went roaming in the park, fished, found a frog, ate a burger, felt pudgy, and moved on to the gym. Worked out, showered, went home. There she found her fridge had disappeared, and in its place, on the floor, was a vivarium containing a frog. She could not afford to replace her expensive fridge, so had to settle for a poor one. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a known glitch?
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 12:21 PM
We do need pics, really!!!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:31 PM
Be sure to check your family inventory. I've had a fireplace vanish multiple times so I'd keep rebuying it and after it happened I think the third time, I found them in the family inventory. I have no idea how they got there.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
Be sure to check your family inventory. I've had a fireplace vanish multiple times so I'd keep rebuying it and after it happened I think the third time, I found them in the family inventory. I have no idea how they got there.

True, when you're bulding and move a wall, or something, sometimes all the junk on or near that wall gets moved to your family inventory.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:34 AM
I've hard about this bug with things you enlarge. they disappear after saving sometimes. Never hear of it getting replaced by a from tho lol. Did you re-size the fridge?
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:33 PM
My fridge has disappeared about 5 times. Usually a pile of trash is left on the ground where it used to be. It always seems to happen after a loading screen and I have ALWAYS been able to find it in my family inventory afterwards. I have no idea why this happens. It seems to be completely random. But at least it is not deleted and I don't have to rebuy it. I just pull it out of inventory and replace it.
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:41 AM
I don't know if this is related but if objects are positioned with the ALT-move to sit closer to other objects then the game can just decide randomly whenever that it doesn't like those two objects so close together and will remove one. I moved an accent table really close to a couch because they looked better closer together. Saved, went into Live mode for a while. Everything was fine. Went to the park, came back, and the couch was missing. It happened with kitchen counters and some other things that i used ALT to position closer together.