Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 1:07 PM
Lumpy Space Princess <3
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 10:16 PM
Dude, I just started watching this a couple of days ago. It's so damn lumpin' AWESOME! My new favourite cartoon show, right after Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Also, LSP is such a sweetheart.

And excuse me while I ship Marceline and Princess B. Bubblegum rrrrreally badly.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Scholar
#28 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 2:51 AM
I recommend you watch it in order. There's this crazy subplot involving the apocalypse, mind-corrupting fashion accessories, the embodiment of evil killing and wearing the skin of a hero, and a buncha other crazy shit.

Can't get enough of this show, man.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Forum Resident
#29 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 9:32 AM
Have you guys watched Bravest Warriors on youtube. It's a new series by Pendleton Ward and it's just as awesome. :D
Scholar
#30 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 4:48 AM
woaaaaaaaah, bravest warriors looks awesome. Damn, I'm gonna watch the hell outta this.

dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Test Subject
#31 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TNUHyo
Please, someone make outfits.

I concur! Whoever makes outfits will be my hero. *swoons*
Test Subject
#32 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 6:59 PM
I love Adventure Time! I think it's dialogue is quite sophisticated. My 6 year old niece once asked me what a "subconscious" was. I was so surprised that she knew the word and asked her where she heard it. Turns out she was watching Adventure Time.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rawra
And excuse me while I ship Marceline and Princess B. Bubblegum rrrrreally badly.

Hell yeah! They're perfect for each other! And Marceline's just really damn attractive, she kind of reminds me of my childhood crush on my neighbor's older sister.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 8:10 PM
There is a lot of controversy, on wether or not if Marceline and Bonnie were more than friends at one point. I want to say...Well, they were, because of the song in the episode "What Was Missing", when that episode came out, people began to wonder. And Mathmatical! didn't help the situation. Stating that they were was in fact a lesbian relationship between the two.

And I wonder...If it was just that. A secret that the "older" audience of Adventure Time! sees. Because there are a lot of other stuff that the "older" audience will pick up on, over the "younger" audience. The show indeed has a lot of little details. For instance...

Do I want to know what their past relationship was like? HELL YES! But...I don't know if that will ever be exposed.

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Scholar
#35 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 3:02 PM
"All The Little People" was one of the ones that really freaked me out. (along with "No One Can Hear You) Don't get me wrong, I still liked it quite a bit, but the whole "manipulating tiny people" thing hit a little close to home. I don't even play with selfsims, or sims of anyone that I know irl-- I find that unsettling enough as it is.

You're entering some dark territory, brother.

dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 1:46 AM
"All The Little People" was frickin weird. I didn't like how...Well, it went into some weird...and very disturbing things. I don't think the creators of Adventure Time! Understand that the older audience picks up on these things. In a very HUGE way. And like I said, the younger audience, sees the show funny and entertaining.

And as much as I think its funny, and entertaining. I don't really think that show is appropriate for a young audience, because of all that the show can be about. I mean look at small Lady Rainicorn and Finn in the episode of "All The Little People".

NOT RIGHT AT ALL

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Scholar
#37 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 2:43 AM
Oh, it's all absolutely intentional, that's why I love it. The show is really written for adults, and appeals to children. There's an interview where Penn Ward (the creator) explains a lot behind the show.
Quote:
About the post-apocalyptic setting and style Ward described it as a "dark comedy." He said "dark comedies are my favorite, because I love that feeling – being happy and scared at the same time. It's my favorite way to feel – when I'm on the edge of my seat but I'm happy, that sense of conflicting emotions. And there's a lot of that in the show, I think."

That is why I love that show. That knot in the pit of your gut you get when you see a guy severing the bodyparts of several women in the area, and stiching them together to make himself a perfect wife-- oh, and by the way, they're all magical and colorful and made of candy and silliness. That is why I love this show.

I mean, if I can just gush for a moment-- I'm a fucking huge fan of Adventure Time-- it's probably my favorite show ever, and I kinda wish more people could get past the "oh, it's a cartoon", or "oh, it's a kid show". I mean, there are adult-oriented cartoons, but as far as Western animation goes, it's almost all shallow butt humor, and while that's all good, sometimes it's nice to get something a bit meatier.

Quote:
The show is set in a fictional continent called the "Land of Ooo", in a post-apocalyptic future about a thousand years after a nuclear war called the "Great Mushroom War". According to Ward, the show takes place "after the bombs have fallen and magic has come back into the world".

How fucking awesome does that sound?

dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 11:05 PM
I don't even care man PB/Marceline is me and my girlfriend's otp 5ever okay

I just love every single thing about Adventure Time.

Who else is excited to meet Jake and LR's pups tomorrow? ;u;

Oh and @Eternal Winter: I'm 90% sure that the whole episode was supposed to be a stab at shipping, just how Fionna and Cake was a stab at fanfic writers. 8D So yes that one wasn't geared more toward little kids, but I think most of the show is alright for them. And a lot of them have really good lessons hiden in them.

@Pasketti: You and me both man I can't even stand how much I love it;; <3

You can call me Crimson. It's shorter. 8y
Alchemist
#39 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 11:06 PM
Oh, I didn't know about the Mushroom War and all that. Goes to show how much attention I pay to things. Sounds awesome!

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 2:14 AM
I am just shooting at the fact of what WE see, and what THEY do NOT see.

That...Was just so damn weird with Finn and Lady Rainicorn. >.<!

And I do believe the pups are going to look really cute

>.> @Rawra: You are odd, and should pay more attention to the show...COME ON NOW Just kidding.

And I agree Bonnie and Marceline...JUST SO KAWAII

Test Subject
#41 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 3:57 PM
I love watching this! Age doesn't Matter! Hah!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 3:44 AM
someone please make outfits and hairstyles for fiona,cake,jake and finn i really wish i had a sims 2 version of adventure time! by the way i don't have milkshape yet so i can't make anything really
#43 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 6:48 PM
I didn't even know we had an Adventure Time thread lol
Scholar
#44 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 8:35 PM
My brother loves it so it's on the TV all the time. Now I love it too. I'm brazillian, but I live with my family on Spain and I gotta say, after watching the opening in portuguese and english, THE SPANISH VERSION ROCKS! hahaha

"Hora de aventuras llegó,
coge a tus amigos y vamosnos con
Jake el perro
y Finn el humano
lo pasaremos guay
hora de aventuraaas"

:P
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yazoo
There is a lot of controversy, on wether or not if Marceline and Bonnie were more than friends at one point. I want to say...Well, they were, because of the song in the episode "What Was Missing", when that episode came out, people began to wonder. And Mathmatical! didn't help the situation. Stating that they were was in fact a lesbian relationship between the two.

And I wonder...If it was just that. A secret that the "older" audience of Adventure Time! sees. Because there are a lot of other stuff that the "older" audience will pick up on, over the "younger" audience. The show indeed has a lot of little details. For instance...

Do I want to know what their past relationship was like? HELL YES! But...I don't know if that will ever be exposed.

Well I for one disagree. They were probably just good friends
Page 2 of 2