Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2017 at 1:23 AM
Default WCIF:elders with career LTW mod
I thought there was a mod so elders could get normal LTW, but now I am not so sure. I googled and found nothing
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th May 2017 at 2:28 AM
In my game without any LTW mods my elders can have career LTWs. The thing is they cannot get full time job. For this is mod by Pescado:
noagediscrimination.zip - Officially Nightlife Compatible
Gets rid of the "age discrimination" that locks elders into only crappy jobs,
also making it impossible to retire without "Get Useless Job" wants clogging
the want panel. To get a real job, use the computer. If, for some reason, you
actually WANT the lousy job, you can still get one with the newspaper

Get it from MATY http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,7.0.html
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2017 at 10:30 PM
You might be thinking of Pescado's LTW variety, which stops elders from getting career related LTWs? In the normal game they can get them, even though they can't normally reach the top of any career as an Elder.

Quote:
Makes LTW, especially for careers, appropriate to the sim:
A sim who has absolutely no interest in Crime is not suddenly going to want to become a Criminal. All career LTWs now have certain prerequisite interest and/or personality levels that must be met, or that career will never appear for the sim. The results should be fairly intuitive(Athletes like sports, Mayors like politics, Chefs like food, etc.).

Careers are also not hard-locked to aspiration, and so Family sims should have greater variety in LTWs now: A sim's career want can cross aspirational boundaries if he has a relative who is at the top of the career track to emulate as a family tradition (I.E., all members of the Grunt family of appropriate interest may decide they'd like to join the military, regardless of aspiration).

Because elders cannot normally take regular careers, once a sim is an elder, he will no longer roll career wants (other than his present career, if not maxed). A CAS elder will thus not be stuck with an impossible want. Similarly, "crazy" wants like "Marry off a million children", "Have a million grandchildren", "Graduate a million children from college", all carry sanity checks as well: An elder (female) will not be able to roll new children LTWs unless she already *HAS* the required number of children (since it would be impossible to get more!). Elder males can still have more children and are not limited in this way. However, a sanity check is also added for aging neighborhoods: If your neighborhood is already overpopulated, some of these will no longer appear because satisfying them would render your game unplayable and/or destroy your neighborhood files in a Big Fiery Ball That Is Visible From Space.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....php?topic=28.0

Perhaps you have this already and you want to delete it?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th May 2017 at 12:46 AM
I do not have that mod. Its not a big deal, I just wanted my elder sim to reroll to a job ltw.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2017 at 5:26 AM
Even with LTW variety, some of my elders still roll career LTWs. It depends on the sim, and I think what happens is that the career ones will show up if nothing else is available; there are not a lot of non-career LTWs to begin with.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th May 2017 at 7:07 AM
Try "cycle" on the Batbox instead of "Reroll", it will show you the list of what they have available to them. Reroll can end up with randomiser errors.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...