Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2017 at 10:05 AM Last edited by ineedtoworknow : 28th May 2017 at 11:31 PM.
Default What if you are a Sim?
DID YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT LIVING IN YOUR OWN SIMS 2 NEIGHBORHOOD?

If you did, what will you do there?

THE RULES ARE:
# You must choose any age phase: (child/teen/young adult/adult/elder). But then you have to what that age must do, eg.school
# You have one 24hour earth day to spend in your neigborhood. So multiple sims days.
# You can only do the interactions what sims do.
# Everything in your neighborhood looks and feels real.
# You have infinite simoleons to spend, and you can buy/ build anything

For me:
# I will be a young adult at university
# I will buy that Sims 2 university pizza, because it always looks so tasty
# I will just walk around my neighborhood because am proud of it
# woohoo
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th May 2017 at 10:39 AM
Interesting question.
  • I would be an adult vampire. Since I have infinite simoleons I won't need a job.
  • I'd make friends by giving people high-fives, should be funny.
  • Would be fun to see a ghost, should be scary as shit.
  • I won't cook anything, because we all know how flammable objects are in the sims universe!
  • I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. Of course, its really easy to learn how to play instruments in Sims 2.
Scholar
#3 Old 28th May 2017 at 11:12 AM
# I would be and adult male (as I am IRL).

#I think I would spend most of the time walking around in my hood talking to other sims. There are many restaurants in my hood so finding a place to eat would be no problem.

# I'm sure ACR plays a role in my game but finding partners seems to be very easy. And I know where all the singles live so why don't give it a try (wink wink).

#As I would have a lot of money I would try to buy a Hunka 711. There is no car dealer in my hood but maybe there are other (legal) ways.
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:05 PM
Hmm...In one 24hr day I should be able to:

1) I'd be a Teenager
2) Get an A+ in school
3) Get full scholarship to university
4) Become a YA and move to university
5) Graduate with summa cum laude
6) Become an adult, and get a job
7) Reach the top of my career in Medicine
8) Become a respectable member of my community- become BFFs with all the sims in my hood.
9) Build a massive pool with my hard-earned cash
10) Invite the entire neighborhood to a pool party.......Then remove the ladder... muhahahahahaha!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2017 at 1:04 PM
* I would try to find and meet a witch, befriend one and from there ask to turn to become a warlock.
* Throw a party.
* Start casting my spells on my test subj...errr I mean on my party guests, with bad...err good intentions.
Link Ninja
#6 Old 28th May 2017 at 4:39 PM Last edited by Charmful : 28th May 2017 at 6:42 PM.
I'd probably be less afraid of pregnancy, considering there's a 0 percent fatality rate as a sim and it takes like three days out of my life.

I'd be an adult sim. I would go to three lakes on vacation and log roll. I would eat flapjacks.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th May 2017 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I'd probably be less afraid of pregnancy, considering there's a 0 percent fatality rate as a sim and it takes like three days out of my life.

haha ya true. Also casual encounters are not very scary since I know I not will get transmit diseases lol. Also you know for sure that condom works - no baby if not want.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th May 2017 at 10:09 PM
In my neighbourhood...

# I'd be an adult female sim since I'm an adult female irl.
# Try to befriend some of my sims. I would try to befriend them all but the 0/1 nice point sims in my 'hood aren't exactly friendly. I don't think I'd be able manage to befriend some of them because they'd be so mean autonomously. ...Oh and be in awe of their genetics. :lovestruc
# Since my neighbourhood isn't huge and doesn't have any sub-hoods, I'd try to throw a town party or something like that and visit a couple of the community lots.
# Learn things like the piano since they're so easy to do in sim universe.
# I don't know what I'd sell but I'd make a business then pass it onto one of my sim friends before the 24 hours is up.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th May 2017 at 12:02 AM
I'll be an elder female and I'll take a lot of cats as I know I can have enough space for them and buy everything they need. I'll think I never die cos I can turn my aging off or at least drink elixir of life.
Scholar
#10 Old 29th May 2017 at 12:54 AM
[QUOTE=ineedtoworknow]DID YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT LIVING IN YOUR OWN SIMS 2 NEIGHBORHOOD?

You mean, I'm not in one already?

THE RULES ARE:
# You must choose any age phase: (child/teen/young adult/adult/elder). But then you have to what that age must do, eg.school

I'd be an adult female in the Paranormal career (I like sci-fi stuff, and in my neighbourhood, paranormal powers are taken seriously - so, for example, phone psychics only get the job after they have proven genuine ability to predict the future and provide paranormal guidance to people over the phone)

# You have one 24hour earth day to spend in your neigborhood. So multiple sims days.

That would probably be about 6 Sim days if I was the only household being played, since I tend to average 6 Sim days in aggregate. But in practise I'd only get 1-3 of those days, depending on how the dice rolled.

# You can only do the interactions what sims do.

I'd want to read a lot, go to work, practise on the piano, make friends with a variety of Sims and their pets, and argue with/poke some of the evil Sims.

# You have infinite simoleons to spend, and you can buy/ build anything

I'd probably buy one of the two fairly modest bungalows near the town prison (to their right), as the only other accommodation available that I could afford on a Sim starting income would be the last cave (town laws prevent caves from having internal plumbing or electricity) or one of the flats (I live in a flat and it would be nice to live somewhere different). Bonus: the bungalows have the helpful and kind Ariel Capp-Hard as a next-door neighbour (to their left), as well as a pet shop across the street..

I'd also get myself a cat, dog and piano. And a fire alarm.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 29th May 2017 at 12:59 AM
1 . Adult female ( Beautiful ) lol
2. Be a Fortune Sims and be a Business Tycoon ( so that I can help all poor Sims like joandsarah77 homeless couple )
3. I would then find Don Lothario and SLAP ! The you know what out of him ( for cheating on me ) oh yes he is good with woohoo ( I found that out LMAO ) then return to my world.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#12 Old 29th May 2017 at 1:24 AM
If I just had 24 hours Earth time? I would say be a witch but without cheats it would be hard to become a witch because it takes so long to get full magic skill, alignment and make reagents. So, to be realistic with the time I have...

# Adult female Sim.
# Rent an apartment, fully furnished.
# Go on vacation to Twiikii Island.
# Swim, eat the local food, relax on the beach.
# Go home.
# Take another vacation to Takemizu Village.
# Relax and take in the sights.

The reason being is I don't have the money to take vacations irl and probably never will.

Now, if I had unlimited time it would be different!

# Adult female Sim.
# Buy the biggest house just because I can.
# Go Downtown and befriend a Count (maybe get some woohoo in there) so I get bitten and become a vampire so I can live forever.
# Sleep all day and party all night!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#13 Old 29th May 2017 at 1:34 AM
What do you mean "IF"?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th May 2017 at 12:01 AM
I'd be an adult I guess, seeing as I've graduated now (weird to think my first simself was a child!). I'd definitely advance in the medical career track because it seems way easier than in real life. I'd definitely live in Pleasantview and probably meddle in all the drama. I like to think I'd be best friends with Cassandra Goth, and help her get back at that cheating Don Lothario.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#15 Old 31st May 2017 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ineedtoworknow
haha ya true. Also casual encounters are not very scary since I know I not will get transmit diseases lol. Also you know for sure that condom works - no baby if not want.

This reminds me from something that happened to my friend, because her sims always get pregnant from whoo hoo, once at The Sims 2 and twice(The same sim) at The Sims 4, and she doesn't have any mod
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st May 2017 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia

That would probably be about 6 Sim days if I was the only household being played, since I tend to average 6 Sim days in aggregate. But in practise I'd only get 1-3 of those days, depending on how the dice rolled.

Interesting answers!

Though I believe that 24 real life minutes (RL) = 1 sim day. So basically we have:

[24(RL hrs)*60(RL minutes)]/24(RL minutes) = 60

So we have 60 days in the sim world!
Forum Resident
#17 Old 31st May 2017 at 11:28 PM
I'd be an adult in my Pleasantview. I wanna befriend my beloved sims so bad. I'd go to club Jack the Ripper and hope to meet some of them there. And try out different hobbies and build skill points. Social interaction seems so easy in sims, even with total strangers most are non-judgemental, laid-back and open to interact, so I'd hang out with a lot of sims. I'd probably try and date and wohoo at least one of my sims, they have pretty nice genes Oh, and smustle. I'd smustle a lot. And do acrobatics on the couch.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 2:57 AM
I'd be a plantsim - I wouldn't need to eat or sleep, and I could grow a plantbaby and give my parents a grandchild.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 3:45 PM
I'd be a stress-free platinum elder. I'd indulge my hobbies, wake up in the middle of the night just because I felt like it, get a fat pension check every afternoon, and woo the young singles (and desperate housewives) who are attracted to my surfeit of skill points. The rest of the time I'd just sit around a lot. Pretty dreamy.
Scholar
#20 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 12:59 PM
I'd be a Young Adult at Academie LeTour, majoring in History. My LTW would be to max out all seven skills, so I'd stay on after graduation right up until they kicked me off campus.

Then I'd move to the rural subhood of Belladonna Cove, buy a Just Right bungalow and place it next door to Gavigan Farm so I can have a view over the river. I'd change the cedar shingles for something a bit brighter, plant some tomatoes and settle down to study or write novels after dark or on wet days. I'd take in a stray dog or two, and probably adopt a child at some point.
Scholar
#21 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ineedtoworknow
Interesting answers!

Though I believe that 24 real life minutes (RL) = 1 sim day. So basically we have:

[24(RL hrs)*60(RL minutes)]/24(RL minutes) = 60

So we have 60 days in the sim world!

I read it as "we have as long as your longest play session in a day" and so restricted myself to the longest session I do at a time (six Sim days). Other Simmers would play differently and thus I expected many different answers even if there was agreement about what the 24 RL hours translated to (which I didn't expect even at the time, hence why I specified).

With a fast enough computer, low enough settings, liberal use of the maximum speed option and skill at quickly satisfying wants (to yield plenty of Elixir of Life), I believe it would be possible for a Sim to hit three figures (so over 100 days), be born, grow up, do an entire university degree, dawdle in any age after child, and finish up a sprightly elder after experiencing every life stage available. It would be a pretty exhausted player, though!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 6:14 AM
I'm using ineedtoworknow's definition of 24 hours. 60 Sim days it is! Also, I'm assuming that I'm in Pleasantview because I want to meet my sims..

I'd be a female teen. I've just uploaded a bunch of fancy CC clothes, so I'd first buy those, go home and wear them. Then, I'm wearing make-up because I would mess it up in real life. After that, I'm building a pool and buying other cool stuff. I'll play some piano to get a scholarship. Then, I'll meet some of my sims. I don't know which of them, but I'm DEFINITELY meeting the serial killer, because clearly that's safe.

When I'm bored as a teen, I'll go to college and stay in a rented house. I'll do some gardening there.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 4:28 PM
-I'd be an adult female, because everyone knows that's the age and gender that gets the most clothes and hair. Plus, that's what I am.
-I'd live in that nice colonial-style mansion in the house bin, with lots of expensive furniture
-Woohoo and maybe marry, since it's so easy in the sims. I could snag a hot guy no matter what I looked like, and he'd love me forever as long as I didn't start arguments or cheat on him. I realize that sounds really cringey, but think about it! :P
-Do skills learned transfer over back to us when we return to the real world? Because if so I'd work on maxing out my cooking, body, charisma, and creativity skills. Then I could come back and be way better off than I am now.
-Probably have a baby, since, like others have said, it only takes 3 sim days and there are no health risks. Kid has to be able to come back to the real world with me, though. I'd prefer to take the baby daddy with me, too.
-Try a bunch of different careers so I can see what I would like to do for a living. You're guaranteed a job the next day, and most of them don't require a college degree.
-Travel, since I have unlimited money.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 6:14 PM
Umm probably be a teen or adult. And have so many cats.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 11:09 AM
Going for the platinum elder with maxed out skills. Will have cats and dogs and two parrots.
Spend lots of time in the swimming pool (my own Olympic sized one ) or in the fermented fruit juice bar.
Sleep the rest of the time or blog about hobbies.
I will, however, not play Sims 3 on Humble's computer.
Cheat the grim reaper
Page 1 of 2