Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#401 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 9:35 PM
Well why doesn't one of your users upload the new object they made with one of the new animations? That would be a good proof.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#402 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 10:06 PM Last edited by rothn : 7th Jul 2011 at 12:46 AM.
To begin this message, allow me to state that I have just released the new version of TS3 Animator. It uses the granny2.dll file from the Granny Crowd Scene Demo and Sims3Common.dll from Sims 3 CAW

On a less happy note, the tutorial has been seriously postponed due to a major issue I'm having with Blender after re-installing it due to corruption (see the screenshot). The text in the SPOILER tag is the console output from Blender.

Note: Re-installing seems to have no effect.

Note 2: If a user could upload an animation they made with this tool to this thread, that would be great.
Screenshots

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue. - Windows XP Setup
Hey! It compiles! Ship it! - Microsoft
Love is Hate. War is Peace. Windows is stable. - 1984 (sort of)
Test Subject
#403 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 6:28 PM
Unfortunatly your tool still doesn't work for me.

New Animation -> crash
Open Animation -> crash
Open Jazz -> create a new empty tab with weird characters in place of the jazz graph name
Import Package -> nothing or crash depending of package
New Jazz -> does NOT crash but I don't know what to do (a tutorial will be greatly appreciated)

Tested on Windows 7 x64 with granny2.dll from the Granny Crowd Scene Demo and Sims3Common.dll from Sims 3 CAW
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#404 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 5:29 PM
Did you extract TS3 Animator from the zip file? As far as the instructions for the jazz editor, read the top page. As far as the animation-related crashes, does it give you an error when it crashes? It so, what, and have you tried it on Windows 7 x86? Finally, did you run TS3 Animator as an administrator? Did you download the latest version? I just uploaded another one. If you tried all of these things, contact me and I will implement better debugging in TS3 Animator.

Alchemist
#405 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rothn
Did you extract TS3 Animator from the zip file?

What sort of question is that? I would be insulted if it were aimed at me. How would a zipped file crash?

Don't blame the problems on the users. If there are prerequisites, such as a certain version of a library, you should validate those in your program before attempting to execute them.

Quote:
A program should behave rationally no matter how unreasonable the input.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#406 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 8:17 PM Last edited by rothn : 8th Jul 2011 at 9:14 PM.
Windows doesn't extract all of the files from the zip archive, only the executable. Therefore, if she just double-clicked on the executable in the zip file, TS3 Animator wouldn't find the dlls, and it would crash. I doubt, however, that this is the case. I wasn't trying to blame her. It is likely my issue, but I am asking if she has tried certain things.

As for your philosophy of rational I/O, I agree with you. I am working on a very extensive system of exceptions and an elaborate exception handling system to help the now-exploding heads of myself and others, but until the next build (which will only essentially add those), I can't do anything but suggest she try those things. In the meantime, Wes, I'm going to post an object that has been frustrating me. I have no idea what the problem is, but my disembodied head's animations are always screwed up. I think it could be either the clip or the mlods, but I really want you to take a look, as solving this will eliminate the last of TS3 Animator's logic bugs. As you can see, x64 compatibility among other things are yet to be tackled (if x64 is really what's messing her up). It would be nice if you could try the zip file attached to the first post on this thread, making sure to get granny2.dll and Sims3Common.dll, and it would be excellent if you could figure out what's wrong with my disembodied head, as I made an extensive tutorial on how to make this, but I can't post it until I know it works

I carried the rig between programs in the FBX format. Email me if you need the FBX, and I might be able to dig it up.

Edit:
I found the problem. The skin controller has all identity matrices. It seems that nothing can add bones to MLODs quite yet, as nobody can quite calculate the inverse bind pose. Is that it? Anyway, until someone can (who isn't me) object animations on custom rigs will be far from possible.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  disembodied_head.zip (659.2 KB, 26 downloads) - View custom content
Description: This file contains disembodied_head.package

Test Subject
#407 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 6:11 AM
Did you extract TS3 Animator from the zip file? As far as the instructions for the jazz editor, read the top page. As far as the animation-related crashes, does it give you an error when it crashes? It so, what, and have you tried it on Windows 7 x86? Finally, did you run TS3 Animator as an administrator? Did you download the latest version? I just uploaded another one. If you tried all of these things, contact me and I will implement better debugging in TS3 Animator.

All files were properly extracted from the lastest zip archive. I've tested on Windows 7 x64 (with administrator rights and with compatibility mode) and Windows XP x86.

Here is the errors I get with Visual Studio Debugger:

When importing an animation:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
Additional information: Impossible de trouver une partie du chemin d'accès 'C:\Users\Nicholas\Desktop\anims\afMesh.smd'

When trying to open an animation:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.EndOfStreamException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

When trying to import some packages:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.EndOfStreamException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Meanwhile, I will continue to use Wes great AnimTool and Smooth Jazz Studio from Tiger Stripe.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#408 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 1:35 PM
I have also tried on Windows 7 x64 and the only thing that doesn't crash is the Jazz editor.

Anyway, until someone can (who isn't me) object animations on custom rigs will be far from possible.

I've done two already.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#409 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 12:13 AM Last edited by rothn : 10th Jul 2011 at 11:53 PM.
WOW, I'M SO SORRY, YOU GUYS!!! I LEFT MY TESTING CODE IN THERE!!! You can yell at me now... . By the time you read this, it should be fixed... When I renamed the file, I experienced the same issues as you guys.

FYI: The reason you are getting adverse results when trying to open files in the Jazz editor is that the jazz editor only supports opening jazz files saved by TS3 Animator. Jazz files exported by TS3 Animator (or anything else) cannot be opened. This is because data is lost when the state machine is compiled, or "exported." If you want to edit existing state machines, use a state machine disassembler such as SmoothJazz, which, by the way, is a great debugging tool.

FYI 2: This is both funny, sad, and fail all at the same time. I now present: the BUG:
Code:
GrannyHelper.SkeletonExportable s = new GrannyHelper.SkeletonExportable(new FileStream(@"C:\Users\Nicholas\Desktop\anims\afMesh.smd", FileMode.Open), "auRig");

Let's all give Gwenh a nice, big hug.

Oh, and due to a slight bug, some state machines may not export. To fix this, simply create the state machine. With that state machine's tab selected, go to File->Save. Then, select File->Close. Now, press File->Open and open the state machine you just saved. Your state machine should now export properly.

I know that this is getting ridiculous, but I have one last message: TS3 Animator does not officially support the importing of animations that have already been exported to TS3. This is due to an unknown bug that sometimes distorts facial animations (try opening a2o_electricGuitar_play_low_loop1_x, for example).

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#410 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 9:40 PM
Have there been any problems? Please feel free to post here.

Test Subject
#411 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 5:40 PM
Have there been any problems? Please feel free to post here.

Where can I found the latest version ?
The version linked page 16 is not different from the previous one.
Test Subject
#412 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 6:17 PM
First post.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#413 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 7:22 PM
Go to the first page.

Edit: Sorry, I thought nameless one was just saying first post, cause some people do that... Yes, the download is at the first post

Test Subject
#414 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 5:58 AM
Go to the first page.

Edit: Sorry, I thought nameless one was just saying first post, cause some people do that... Yes, the download is at the first post

Ok, it's donwloaded.
I will be away for the next two weeks. I'll test it as soon as I'm back home.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#415 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 3:51 PM
This thread is now obsolete. Please go to the download page here.

Test Subject
#416 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 4:56 AM
Where to find the granny2.dll file?
Whenever I click on the link to get the granny2.dll file it says that the page appears to be broken. Where else can I go to get the file?!?!
Test Subject
#417 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 5:21 AM
Someone please explain this in a way I can understand step by step
Eminence Grise
#418 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 2:21 AM
You'll notice that this thread is a year old. And, afaik, nobody who is making working animations for TS3 is using this method. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) I'd recommend looking at the tuts by cmomoney and orangemittens.

(I notice that in the download thread for his tool, Rothn mentioned in March that he was working on a brand new tool from scratch... but no updates since then.)
Test Subject
#419 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 2:15 AM
thanks waw
Page 17 of 17