Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 3:53 PM Last edited by Necromina : 22nd Nov 2009 at 6:06 PM.
Hi (waving)

I too had most of the same problems everyone has mentioned.

After 1.4.6 installed is when it all started.

I found the actual version up to date is. 1.7.9.002002 (last number varies)

With all my package files in and mods, about 20m or so, i updated Manually to this version and all my problems are gone and the game runs fast.

Censor mod will NOT work. All mods, sliders, clothing ect work fine and show up fine with no slow downs but no matter what i try, the censor remover will not work.

Anyone have a fix for the censor patch? Or do i just have to use the "Rick's No Mosaic"? I've tried 2 others with no luck.

ALSO THE NEW NVIDIA WHQL DRIVER DOES NOT WORK WITH SIMS 3!

Thank you for any and all help.
hth
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 4:04 PM
Has anyone tried: Clean and vanilla install from scratch/Load new hood/Save/Add .package files back to the WA mods directory/Load the hood again?

It seems to me people are having better success when they remove their mods, reinstall the whole mess, and then add them back in when it's all done and running vanilla. Could it be that just adding WA onto your base-game and then sticking your .packages back in is the problem?

Is ANYBODY using lots of .package files with WA successfully?
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 5:10 PM
I have 1.02 GB of package files and my game is running no problem.

I reinstalled TS3 and then installed WA. Patched it, then played vanilla on a new town (My old saves were played with awesomemod and I'm waiting for it to be updated before I play them). After 2 hours I started putting back CC, little by little. I have no .sims3packs installed.

My loading time went from 20 seconds to 45 seconds after installing WA and installing CC. There's some lag during gameplay but nothing that really bothers me.
Test Subject
#29 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 5:37 PM
I have both sims3pack files and CC (mods folder)
and the game is running fine...now... it took me a while to get it to work though... the game was really slow and lagging when i loaded the family I normally play, so I uninstalled the game and installed it again... installed sims3pack files and it was running fast , no problem.. when I added my CC .. well I started having some problems, it took up to 30 minutes to load and when i played my family it was all running slow... But I found the file that was messing up my game
Banned
#30 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreDo
I have 1.02 GB of package files and my game is running no problem.

I reinstalled TS3 and then installed WA. Patched it, then played vanilla on a new town (My old saves were played with awesomemod and I'm waiting for it to be updated before I play them). After 2 hours I started putting back CC, little by little. I have no .sims3packs installed.

My loading time went from 20 seconds to 45 seconds after installing WA and installing CC. There's some lag during gameplay but nothing that really bothers me.

Then your game is not "running no problem"

The entire discussion is about how package files seem to make the game lag, which you just confirmed.

So that's, what, 8 people confirming that Sims3Packs don't seem to be a bother, but packages lead to lag?
Theorist
Original Poster
#31 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carepuppy
But I found the file that was messing up my game

...which waaaaas.........?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#32 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
...which waaaaas.........?

I can't really say cause I took out a whole bunch at one time and i didn't bother to find out which one was messing up my game..
all i can say is, all of mangosims files work fine, the same goes for roses and peggy's hair and make up, liana's clothes work fine as well.. awesims stuff and baba yaga deco are fine too, hope that helped
Theorist
#33 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 7:24 PM Last edited by tangie0906 : 22nd Nov 2009 at 7:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Has anyone tried: Clean and vanilla install from scratch/Load new hood/Save/Add .package files back to the WA mods directory/Load the hood again?

It seems to me people are having better success when they remove their mods, reinstall the whole mess, and then add them back in when it's all done and running vanilla. Could it be that just adding WA onto your base-game and then sticking your .packages back in is the problem?

Yes. First I uninstalled Helper Monkey. I figured it wouldn't be compatible and it's not. Then I moved my mods folder and resource.cfg file to my desktop. Inserted the WA CD and got a message that I needed to update my game. Game patched, then WA installed. Loaded up and game and took a sim to Egypt. Played for awhile and quit. Reinstalled the resource file and Mods folder with no files in it and added part of my CC. When I opened the game, got another message to update again, so it updated 3 times!

I have not opened any of my saved games - even though I have back-ups I prefer to wait until my favorite hacks are updated for WA before I try to play them. So it's harder to see if custom content is actually working. Some custom furniture is showing up in buy catalog but I haven't tried using it. I had lemoncandy's indoor plants show up as buyables also but I guess those are definitely broken (they cause "blue lot" syndrome) so I deleted all those, as well as all of the clutter items I downloaded from MTS just to be sure. I can't find my custom patterns in game (I only put back a fourth of what I had originally) but that might be because I just haven't looked in the right category yet. I have some scripting hacks that have been updated for WA, they are in the package format, and I can tell you for certain that they are working. No slow downs at all. I understand that Rick's No Mosiac will work but it will also prevent you from seeing some of the special effects that WA adds to the game. Edited to add: I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that some of the new bugs also won't show up in your game if you have the No Mosaic installed.

It's entirely possible that not ALL package files are the problem. But if you just reinstall all of your package files and even if only one or two are broken, it will break your whole game. So I think it's too early to say that ALL package files are problematic. If they turn out to be a problem that will be a real shame; the launcher is slow and very ineffecient and ends up installing your content in 3 different places, and otherwise creates a huge amount of bloat. The package files are so much easier to install and take up much less space.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
#34 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Then your game is not "running no problem"

The entire discussion is about how package files seem to make the game lag, which you just confirmed.

So that's, what, 8 people confirming that Sims3Packs don't seem to be a bother, but packages lead to lag?

I can also confirm that package files slow my game way down, even with a relatively small amount (645MB). But the 2.8G of CC I have in sims3pack format does not slow the game at all.
Alchemist
#35 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 8:09 PM
This SUCKS!

So take out Lemoncandy's stuff? But I love her stuff - crap, crap!

I switched out ALL my sims3packs to .package files last week after a reinstall, installing all my Sims3packs with Delphy's extractor so that I only had to use the .package files. Now come to find out, after all that, I need them to be Sims3Packs?

I'm thinking I should just give up on TS3. I hope some solution is found.
Theorist
Original Poster
#36 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 8:18 PM
I think I just confirmed it too.

I didnt realise that 3viewer was placing files into Documents/Downloads also, so the launcher showed tons of stuff (130mb) that the launcher had never touched, all from third party sites.

I let the Launcher install the whole 130mb - on top of about 130mb from the store - and still not a hiccup. Amazing.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 9:23 PM
I have tried it with the mods package [.package files] and without... never touched the CC in Sims3pack form [and I have oodles of both kinds]... my game ran like a champ with TS3 - and it runs like a champ with WA and Sims3packs.. but as soon as I put in the mods folder with the .package files.... welp.. a bit longer load time, and a really really crappy, choppy gameplay... I did remove ALL of Lemoncandy's cc, as I saw on another forum that her indoor plants were a culprit in some game crashes... but her terrain paints wouldn't show up, and well, I just figured I'd remove a bunch of .package files and see if that helps... it doesn't. As long as I have cc in .package files... my game SUCKS. I really really can't live without some of these .package files... Gillianivy's Ginormous Rock sets... Lemoncandy's terrain paints, plant sets, and clutter sets... I just can't.. but seems I'll have to unless they're converted to Sims3Packs... dammit!
Banned
#38 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 9:38 PM
This SUCKS!

So take out Lemoncandy's stuff? But I love her stuff - crap, crap!

I switched out ALL my sims3packs to .package files last week after a reinstall, installing all my Sims3packs with Delphy's extractor so that I only had to use the .package files. Now come to find out, after all that, I need them to be Sims3Packs?

I'm thinking I should just give up on TS3. I hope some solution is found.

Are you saying there's a quick way to convert them back and forth?

What do you use to do that? That woudl be a fantastic way for someone to test. Take a bunch of packages...test. Turn them into Sims3Packs and remove the packages, installing the Sims3Packs...test. Same size everything, same amount, controlled test.
Theorist
Original Poster
#39 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 9:42 PM
Are you saying there's a quick way to convert them back and forth?

It seems to be one way conversion at the moment from what I can gather.
Hopefully when Delphy "gets back" he can shine some light on this, theres absolute chaos worldwide cause of this! :/

#BlairWitchPetition
Alchemist
#40 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 9:43 PM Last edited by coltraz : 22nd Nov 2009 at 9:45 PM. Reason: drunken fingers.
I have no idea how to convert them back and forth. I know I used Delphy's Multipack Installer (or whatever it's called. I've been drinking...) to extract the .package files out of sims3packs. There isn't a way to convert the .package files back to sims3packs, but the sims3packs aren't deleted after being run through the installer.

See, I have all the store content installed to my game as .package files thanks to Delphy's installer. I personally noticed MUCH better game performance since phasing out sims3packs and launcher-based installations. But this is on a game that is not updated with the latest patch.
Banned
#41 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 9:45 PM
Oh, I see. Hmmmmm.

Well from the sounds of it, all our problems would be solved with a package to sims3pack converter. Then we wouldn't have to worry about "If this is a consistent problem, how do we get every sims site and creator to do sims3packs only?" :p

So hopefully that is possible.
Alchemist
#42 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 9:47 PM
Oh, I see. Hmmmmm.

Well from the sounds of it, all our problems would be solved with a package to sims3pack converter. Then we wouldn't have to worry about "If this is a consistent problem, how do we get every sims site and creator to do sims3packs only?" :p

So hopefully that is possible.

But that's not really a solution as far as I'm concerned, because then, you have to use the launcher, and you also need to have absolutely NO download folder organisation.

But, if that's the only way, that's the only way...
Theorist
Original Poster
#43 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 9:48 PM Last edited by tizerist : 22nd Nov 2009 at 10:09 PM.
Google just threw this identical thread up, must be on here somewhere...
http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=378672

EDIT: Just to clarify then:
TSRW does convert them to sims3packs, not all though, but the majority from my testing, but its a case of doing them one by one and its clearly not the answer we need.

Open TSRW > Create new project > import package > new import >find the file>
import > next > next > ok >
(new screen)
file > export > tosims3pack

#BlairWitchPetition
Banned
#44 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 10:11 PM
Google just threw this identical thread up, must be on here somewhere...
http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=378672

EDIT: Just to clarify then:
TSRW does convert them to sims3packs, not all though, but the majority from my testing, but its a case of doing them one by one and its clearly not the answer we need.

Open TSRW > Create new project > import package > new import >find the file>
import > next > next > ok >
(new screen)
file > export > tosims3pack

I like the matter-o-fact response by the admin...the response with absolutely no backing whatosever...that various people have proven is completely wrong. >_>;;;
Test Subject
#45 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 12:55 AM
I only hope that Delphy will read our problem soon! Thank God he exsists! We can only wait for him. Meanwhile we can only play a raw game. I miss my CC!!! And I hope Delphy will find a solution. Actually I cannot play either with or without my CC! with because of the lag and without because TS3 is useless without CC
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 1:09 AM
I only keep downloads in .package format nowadays, so maybe I've forgotten something but when you use a sims3pack file, doesn't it just generate a .package file? EDIT: at least with 3viewer it does
My thinking is that a sims3pack file does nothing if it just sits in the folder, you have to open it....or am I missing something? :/

The only reason programs such as 3viewer or Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter is because the native format of the files is .package the files even install a .package in \DCBackup (according to Pescado these files aren't even used). Even the game data files use .package format eg. GameplayData.package, FullBuild0.package etc.

We may have to adapt to using .sims3pack but don't forget that all they are is basically equivalent to an .msi Windows Installer and are compiled (in the Launcher) when you chose to upload.
Test Subject
#47 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 1:14 AM
Just wanted to add my voice to everyone else's on here: it's got to be the package files that is causing the WA/new patch lag. Maybe...?!

My own story is...I had about 900mb of .package files and about 100mb of .simspack files running with the TS3 basegame. Everything ran perfect - no lag. Then, I installed WA, patched the game and my load times went from 2-3 minutes to 20 minutes. When I loaded the game itself, it was like watching a 3d, Sims-related slideshow - totally unplayable. So, I deleted all my .simspack files and 500mb of .package files, thinking that was the problem. When I next loaded the game, there was no change: 20+ minute load time, horrid lag, etc. So, I tried the reverse: I deleted all of my .package files and then downloaded about 800mb of .simspack files from TSR, Liana, the TS3 Store, etc. My load time went from 20 minutes to 2-3 minutes again, and the game ran like a dream.

The only thing I have in my mods folder now are default skins, default eyes and Twallan's story progression. Anything larger than those 3 files in my mods --> packages folder, and my game becomes unplayable.
Test Subject
#48 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 4:47 AM
I'm glad you all have pointed out the packages vs. sims3packs issue. And, I'm going to follow your advice and remove "no mosaic".

I had 1209 files in my download folder with the base game. It ran fine, but WA made it impossibly slow and lagging.

I now have 970 files and it runs reasonably well, with only a few lags. Here is my thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post2939764
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 6:17 AM
I think I just confirmed it too.

I didnt realise that 3viewer was placing files into Documents/Downloads also, so the launcher showed tons of stuff (130mb) that the launcher had never touched, all from third party sites.

I let the Launcher install the whole 130mb - on top of about 130mb from the store - and still not a hiccup. Amazing.

Wait. Do you mean that you put your package files into the dowloads folder, and then the launcher recognized and installed them for you?

If so, I think I'll do that. Ever since I patched, installed WA, and then patched two more times (*why* do we need so many patches?), my game tolerates sims3.pack files much better than it tolerates .package files.

----

That said, I have noticed a reduction in lag. I'm not sure why, exactly, but I was able to move all of my graphics settings back to the maximum level. I get a little bit of lag when I'm, say, having two different sims explore two different tombs at the same time, but it's nothing to write home about. I'm not sure what "fixed" my problem. It may have been the most recent patch. It may also have been moving my cc and resource files to the WA directory. I can't rule out the idea that, after running my graphics on medium for awhile, moving back up just looks so much better by comparison that I no longer notice the lag. I mean, what looked bad to me before moving my graphics settings down to medium may look awesome to me now; it's all relative, I suppose. Even so, I am willing to say that even with a lot of cc (but only chaavik's more fun mods), WA, and all of the patches, my game is running tolerably well on the highest possible graphics settings.

Loading times are another matter. I hate is that it takes five whole minutes to load a game and five minutes to load a destination. Before WA, my loading times were lighting quick. I don't want to tack on an extra five minutes' loading time for every expansion pack! Depending on how many EPs come out, that could eventually mean loading times upwards of thirty minutes!
Alchemist
#50 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 6:30 AM

okay, i kind of tried what you said when i first installed WA. I played it a few times without CC, then put all my package files in (no .sims3packs, i dont have ANY of them now) It worked fine. Exactly the same time (about 7 minutes) loading with and without the package files.

Yep, i'm using a heap of package files with WA successfully(ish, but its no different from when i ran without any of the CC. It lags, but thats my computer- it even did that with just the base game and no CC)
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Fixes found and made into FAQ - please make a new thread if you have further questions/issues.
Page 2 of 26