Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 10:11 PM
Default Animal Adoption Center for Sims 4
Animal Adoption Center
A business role-play challenge for The Sims 4

Adapted from : A business role-play challenge for The Sims 3, Created & Written by Syrah (aka. PrincessZeda)

All the credit of the work goes to PrincessZeda, I just adapted it to the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs.

THE CONCEPT
Your Sim has always dreamed of owning their own animal adoption center since they were little, due to their passion for animals. He/She decided to move out of their parents home to start a new life surrounded by cats and dogs that are in need.

Note from Princess Zeda:
''This is my own take on KiriMaccyG’s Animal Rescue Centre with RNG (Random Number Generated) rolls along with more realistic financial twists for those of you who crave a tougher challenge. Here, you will see your passion evolve and grow with an expanse of upgrades you can add to your facility to improve it for the better or perhaps falter to random, situational events. Please feel free to alter the rules to your liking if things seem a bit too tedious. I hope you will all take the time to enjoy this challenge!''

PREREQUISITES
‣ The cheatcode Money X is needed to play this challenge
‣ Have a random number generator ready for rolls. Random.org is a great webite to use for this.
‣ Have a place to keep track of your upgrades/animal information/successful adoptions. I prefer Google Spreadsheets, but you can use whatever you’re comfortable with.

SETTING UP: THE SIMS
‣ Your first Sim will be the Adoption Center’s owner. He/She must be at least a young adult, but can have any combination of traits that you want.
‣ You are allowed to have as many other Sims as you wish when you start out. These Sims can be family members or roommates that can help out at the Adoption Center. These extra Sims can be of any age and have any traits that you want.
‣ You are allowed to start out with 1 family pet. This pet cannot be put up for adoption through your Adoption Center.

SETTING UP: THE LOT
‣ You are allowed to start out on any sized empty lot. 64x64 is recommended if you wish to expand your facility and add different animal specialties.
‣ You are only allowed to house one animal type at the start of the challenge. This will be your first animal specialty, so pick and plan accordingly. You will be able to unlock more animal specialties later in the challenge.
‣ The Family Home: Your home must be a separate building. This means that it can not be attached to your Adoption Center in any way. You have complete freedom to how your house is built, it just has to satisfy your Sims needs.
‣ Adoption Facility: One of these must be attached to each of your animal boards. This is where (imaginary) guests come to view the animals up for adoption, and perhaps adopt one. Attach any rooms to this area that are related to personal care for that animal (ie., Washroom to bathe dogs). Each animal board room must be viewable from this room.
‣ Animal Board: This is where animals are housed that are/will be up for adoption. Each animal type (dog and cat) must be boarded in a separate building. Here is an example of layout: https://imgur.com/a/kvT8u
‣ One animal will be assigned to one boarding room, which requires 1 food bowl, 1 toy, and 1 bed. Each room must have an indoor and outdoor section. You start out with 2 of these rooms at the start of the challenge. It is recommended to have one large outdoor section where all of the animals in that board can play and socialize with one another.
‣ In the case of a pregnant animal, the mother will get her own room which is much larger than the standard. This is so she has enough room to care for her babies. Animals that are not pregnant should not be boarded here. You start out with 1 of these rooms at the start of the challenge.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RULES: BASE CHALLENGE
‣ You must start out with an empty lot and build with the funds you have but you can roll under ''Starting Out'' to get some extra cash towards building your Adoption Center. You cannot move into a prebuilt lot at the start, though you can move into one at a later date (when you have the funds and it has all of the requirements in the Setting Up: The Lot section).
‣ No cheats that affect your motives, relationships or income (excluding MasterControllerCheats which will edit your funds).
‣ You can add animals to your facility by either befriending strays yourself, O would suggest to add the ''Dog Hangout'' or ''Cat Hangout'' trait to your lot to have a constant source of strays. You can also call up the rescue squad (aka., the in-game adoption center). The rescue squad mainly rescues animals in distress and does not have the proper equipment to house multiple animals. This is why they come to you to take them off their hands. You can only take in 1 animal per day.
‣ Your primary income is adoption fees. Fees will get more expensive relative to how many positive traits are learned while at the facility, along with many other factors (see Adoption Fee Calculator) that can affect the price both negatively and positively. After you have rolled under Rolls: Adoption visit, and can successfully set an animal up for adoption, remove the adopted pet in the ''manage household'' menu (you will find it in top-right corner of ''manage world'' section). Once the animal leaves the household, use the MasterController to add the fee to your household funds after you have calculated the price.
‣ Animals must stay at the facility for a minimum of 3 days before they can be put up for adoption. If an animal was born in the facility, you must still wait the 3 days. Keeping them for a longer period of time to train them for good traits and/or skills is recommended in order to get better income.
‣ When you go to put an animal up for adoption, they must be clean and be a least ''fine'' (shown by a grey backgroud).
‣ You start out with one animal specialty of your choice at the start of the challenge. This means that you can only house and put up one animal type for adoption at first.
‣ You can purchase Specialty Licenses which can add a new animal specialty to your Adoption Center. This means you can place a different animal type up for adoption after you have built a proper animal board for them.
‣ Facility upgrades and building permissions will become available for you to purchase once you complete the specified requirements.
‣ Perks can be bought, but are extremely pricey! These can add a multitude of benefits to your Facility. Think of these as Lifetime Awards for your Adoption Center.
‣ Watch out for fines! Inspectors will sniff you out quick if they see something unsatisfactory going on in your facility. When they find out, you’ll have to pay the fine (see Fines). Roll under Inspection to see if they catch what’s fishy. They may not find out, and you won’t end up paying a fee. If you end up paying 3 fines, you lose the challenge due to your Facility being poorly managed.
‣ Upon entering the facility, every animal must be bathed and brushed (to simulate deworming, flea baths, etc.).

RULES: THE SIMS & PETS
‣ The Adoption Center owner cannot have a job. Tending to the animals and putting them up for adoption is his/her job. You are allowed profitable hobbies (painting, writing, gardening, etc.).
‣ Any other Sims in the household are allowed part-time jobs as well as profitable hobbies. Jobs are discouraged though, since this challenge is based around Adoption Center profits and caring for animals.
‣ If you have a family pet with the hunting skill, it’s up to you if you want to sell what he/she finds. If you want more of a challenge, do not sell the items. You cannot sell items found by animals in board.

RULES: ANIMALS IN BOARD
‣ Animals in board cannot leave the lot without a Sim going with them (ei., walking the dog)). It is suggested that these animals must stay in their board on the lot.
‣ Animals are not allowed to breed with one another while in the facility (this results in a fine).
‣ If two animals in board get into a fight, they cannot be put up adoption for the next 2 days due to their injuries. You must pay $150 for treatment.
‣It is mandatory to have the pet see a vetenarian to have it checked up, have a preventive shot and neutered/spayed before before being adopted.
‣A pet that had a ''cone of shame'' for any reason (like spaying/neutering and curing disease) can't be adopted for 2 days.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ROLLS: STARTING OUT
‣ Roll this prompt at the start of the challenge for a chance at some extra money.
Starting Cash: 1-10
1-3: You empty out your old piggy bank and find $700 stashed in there! Add $700 to your household funds.
4-6: The locals are aware of your ambitions and have given you the profits from the promotional car wash event. Add $2,000 to your household funds.
7-9: Some rich investor is in town, and saw your ads in the paper. He decides to donate $5,000 to your cause.
10: Looks like you couldn’t scrounge up any extra money this time around.

ROLLS: ADOPTION VISIT
‣ Roll this once a day to know if someone is visiting your facility to adopt a pet. It is dependant of the number of non-animal friends that your Owner/family have.
on a roll of 1 to 10:
1-3 friends = roll 1-6 to have a sim visit your shelter and adopt a pet
4-8 friends = roll 1-7
9-12 friends = roll 1-8
12-20 friends = roll 1-9
20 friends or more = dont roll, you know enough people to have someone everyday to adopt one of your pet.

ROLLS: INSPECTION
‣ Roll this prompt when you trigger something in the Fines category.
Fines: 1-10
1-5: The inspector saw what you did! You have to pay the fine.
6-10: You covered your trail pretty well and the inspector never found out what happened. You don’t have to pay the fine.

ROLLS: WEEKLY EVENT
‣ Roll this prompt at the start of each week.
Weekly Event: 1-7
1: Looks like the food we ordered for the week was tainted, now all of the animals have stomach bugs. You’ll have make all of the dog and cat food from scratch and pay $300 in anti-diarrheal meds this week.
2: Two of the animals got into a fight! Pay $200 in medical fees. Two of your animals can not be put up for adoption for another 3 days so they have time to heal. They can not be walked or taught tricks due to their injuries.
3: Looks like some coyotes got into the facility last night and spooked the animals! All animals cannot be taught tricks or walked for the day.
4: What luck! A generous fellow decided to donate to our cause! Add $2,000 to the household funds.
5: The local elementary school held a bake-off event. They decided to give the proceeds to your Adoption Center! Add $500 to the household funds.
6: A local company decided to sponsor you. If you manage to get 5 animals adopted by the end of the week you will be paid $700. If you fail, you will have to pay $300 to the company for false advertisement.
7: Looks like we’ve been having some crazy weather over the past few days! Sims cannot visit your Adoption Center 3 days out of the week due to the weather. None of your Sims can leave the home lot (Excluding part-time jobs), and no animals can be adopted during those 3 days.
ADOPTION FEE CALCULATOR
‣ For each section, choose all that apply and then add up what you’ve selected. This is the adoption fee.

Base price: 300 for chekup, preventive shot and spaying/neutering

DOG
‣ Adult: +$600
‣ Elder: +$300

Breed:
‣ Purebreed: +$75
‣ Mutt: +$0

Traits:
‣ Positive Traits (active, adventurous,friendly,loyal, playful, sleuth, smart) : +$50 Per Trait
‣ The ''hunter'' trait is worth +$100
‣ Negative Traits (agressive, couch potato, glutton, hairy, independant, jumpy, stubborn, troublemaker, vocal ): -$50 Per Trait

Social/Training:
‣ Tricks: +$25 per Trick Learned
‣ MisBehaviour trained out: +$25 per MisB
CAT
‣ Adult: +$500
‣ Elder: +$200

Breed:
‣ Purebreed: +$75
‣ Mix: +$0

Traits:
‣ Positive Traits (Affecionnate, Clever, Curious, Free spirit, Friendly, Frisky, playful, prowler): +$50 Per Trait
‣The ''prowler'' trait is worth +$100
‣ Negative Traits (Aloof, Fluffy, Glutton, Lazy, Mischevious, skittish, spoiled, talkative, territorial): -$50 Per Trait

Social/Training:
‣ MisBehaviour trained out: +$25 per MisB
UPGRADES: EXPANSION
‣ You start out with two standard boarding rooms and one large boarding room (for pregnant animals) at the start of the challenge. Once you have fulfilled the requirements and have paid the building fee, you can add the room to your Adoption Center. Permissions to build more boarding buildings can be bought here given that you have the proper Specialty License. Extra lots are allowed to be pre-built, as long as you can afford it.

Standard Boarding Room ($100):
‣ Unlocked after every 3 animals successfully adopted.

Large Boarding Room ($200):
‣ Unlocked after all animals resulting from 1 pregnancy have been successfully adopted (excluding parent). Can be done more than once.

Animal Board Building/Adoption Facility ($1,000):
‣ Own an Animal Specialty License that will be assigned to the building.
‣ Have at least 7 boarding rooms in at least 1 current animal board.
‣ Successfully place 10 animals up for adoption.

[Ambitions EP] Extra Lot ($700):
‣ Successfully place 20 animals up for adoption.
‣ Own the 2 Animal Specialty Licenses.

UPGRADES: ANIMAL SPECIALTY LICENSES
‣ You start out with one of these at the start of the challenge. Once you have fulfilled the requirements and have paid the license fee, you will then be capable of putting that animal type up for adoption.

Canine Specialty ($5,000):
‣ Have at least 10 boarding rooms in all current animal boards.
‣ Successfully place 15 animals up for adoption.

Feline Specialty ($3,000):
‣ Have at least 7 boarding rooms in all current animal boards.
‣ Successfully place 10 animals up for adoption.
PERKS
‣ Purchasing perks can give you valuable leverage over the competition. These are expensive due to their rather cheaty benefits.

Animal Magnet ($20,000):
‣ You can take in as many animals as you want per day.

Charismatic ($35,000):
‣ Put as many animals up for adoption as you want per day. Need requirements still apply.

Gifted Animal Lover ($15,000):
‣ You do not have to wait 3 days before an animal can be put up for adoption (nore the 2 days after having a cone of shame, but you still have to wait to have it removed). Need requirements still apply.

Out of the Grid ($35,000):
‣ Inspectors never see your flaws. You won’t have to pay for fines again.

Waiting list ($15,000):
‣ You don't have to rool to know if someone is coming today, there is always someone to adopt one of your pet.
FINES
‣ If any of the following situations occur at your facility, you must roll under Inspection. If the inspector finds out, you must pay the fine for said situation.

Overcrowding ($500):
‣ When you have more animals than you have boarding rooms, so not every animal has their own room.

Poor Care ($500):
‣ When boarding rooms do not satisfy the requirements (see Setting Up: The Lot).

Unsupervised ($500):
‣ When two animals get into a fight or woohoo/try for baby.

Poor Housing ($500):
‣ When a pregnant animal is not boarded in a large room.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
That's all! Have fun!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 3:24 PM
So well thought out! :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 2:00 AM
I am going to be starting this challenge and am super excited to do so!! The ONLY question I have is how do I know if someone adopted a pet and which pet they adopted?? Maybe I am missing something obvious, which is quite possible. I see where I roll to see how many people are going to visit, but how do I know if said person adopted an animal and WHICH animal they adopted?? If I have 5 dogs and three cats, some of which are different ages and different stages of training, how do I decide which animal they chose? If anyone else could answer this, or let me know how they handled this it would be great.
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 5:24 PM
@Selarono
Hello! I'm the original author of Animal Adoption Center for Sims 3. Every day you would like to run an adoption, you should already have a pet in mind for that day. This pet should have full needs, and the Sim coming in for an adoption should adopt this pet. Though, if you're looking for more realism, use RNG to let the Sim "choose" their own pet in a sense. Hope this answers your question!
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PrincessZeda
@Selarono
Hello! I'm the original author of Animal Adoption Center for Sims 3. Every day you would like to run an adoption, you should already have a pet in mind for that day. This pet should have full needs, and the Sim coming in for an adoption should adopt this pet. Though, if you're looking for more realism, use RNG to let the Sim "choose" their own pet in a sense. Hope this answers your question!

It does!! Thank you! I have kind of figured other stuff out on my own, mainly the wording is just weird since Sims 3 had many animal types whereas sims 4 only has 2. It says "Must have 7 rooms in all animal boards" in order to open up the cat adoption. Im assuming that means that my dog center has to have 7 rooms total? Does the pregnancy room count?

I did the cat and dog hang out so I have tons of animals visiting which is great. Issue is, I started with dogs for my specialty and none of the dogs are showing as strays. All of the cats are , but none of the dogs. I went into CAS with one, to see if it had a family and it didnt, but it still didnt say stray and I never got a prompt to adopt it. Our relationship bar was half full with green, so I went ahead and just added it to my family, but I feel like I was cheating. Is this normal?

Lastly, the fines. The fighting and woohooing, does it matter what animals get in a fight? So say 2 strays that dont belong to me, they are just visiting, get in a fight. Does that spur a fine roll? What about one stray and one of mine? Same question but with the woohoo. What if I WANT to have puppies with my pet dog, not an adoptee?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make sure Im doing it right! Everything is so well thought out, I feel like I am just missing it somewhere above. Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 12:27 AM
@Selarono
Yes, pregnancy rooms count towards your room total.

Not sure about the strays issue, might be a bug! Definitely wouldn't consider adding the stray to the household cheating. You've earned the animal's trust if you have high relations with it.

For the fines, if two strays are fighting on /your/ lot, it is up to you if you want to roll for a fine. They technically aren't your dogs, but the fight is happening on your property. Up to your own interpretation! Also, yes, if one of your pets at the Center gets into a fight with a stray, that should result in a fine roll.

Up to your own preference, but if your pet births the puppies from a Father at the Adoption Center, that's fair game. It should result in a fine if it's the other way around, however.

Glad you enjoy the challenge!
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PrincessZeda
@Selarono
Yes, pregnancy rooms count towards your room total.

Not sure about the strays issue, might be a bug! Definitely wouldn't consider adding the stray to the household cheating. You've earned the animal's trust if you have high relations with it.

For the fines, if two strays are fighting on /your/ lot, it is up to you if you want to roll for a fine. They technically aren't your dogs, but the fight is happening on your property. Up to your own interpretation! Also, yes, if one of your pets at the Center gets into a fight with a stray, that should result in a fine roll.

Up to your own preference, but if your pet births the puppies from a Father at the Adoption Center, that's fair game. It should result in a fine if it's the other way around, however.

Glad you enjoy the challenge!

Thanks for the responses!
I am enjoying it!! I have done a couple of legacy type challenges before, but this is a lot more interactive, which I enjoy! I will be doing a story with it , if you feel like taking a look. I am @Panicatthepixel.tumblr.com and will start posting this evening or tomorrow just depending. I did have puppies with my personal pet, but I did use one of my shelter pups so I did the fine but got away with it ! Phew!! He was TOOOO cute to not have puppies with! I should have adopted him but he came 3 days after the one I adopted

I am doing the RNG for the adoptions. I have assigned each run/boarding room a number and at the beginning of the adoption day, each dog gets locked into whichever room they enter. NO encouraging from me. Then I roll and whichever room comes up, thats who gets adopted. That way I am not trying to adopt out the most trained (most expensive) dog each time. Thats just my way of handling it.
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 8:54 PM
This really seems like an awesome challenge, but I have a few questions.
1. For the rooms, is the cost of them how much you have to build them or how much or have to pay in addition to building them?
2. Does every pet that is getting adopted have to go to the vet to get a shot etc.? The only reason I’m asking this is because you have to wait three days at least to move them out, but if they get the cone of shame from the vet then you are supposed to wait two days. So, if you take them to the vet on the 3rd day, then do you have to wait two more days?
3. (Last one :P) Are you allowed to gain the vet skill and not have to bring your pets to the vet, just do it at your lot?
Thanks in advance if you reply, I know I’m a little late. Anyway, it seems like a great challenge and I’m so excited to try it! :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:08 PM
@sims4life9642

1. That is the room fee, so you have to pay that on top of how much it costs to build that room.

2. Yes, every pet needs to visit a vet at least once while they are in your care. That's part of the process! You would still have to wait the 2 days with the cone of shame, no matter how many days they have already been in your care. Ex., They get the cone on day 3, so that's 5 days total. Or they get the cone day 1, it's still only 3 days since it's within that time period.

3. Having a vets office is up to your preference. Someone might have to write up some new rules for that aspect!
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 3:21 PM
@PrincessZeda

Ok, thanks for replying! I might make up some rules for the vet office as I play. If I do, I will share them here.
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:05 PM
Ive been playing a few days now and the only issue I am having is keeping track of the misbehaviors that you train out. Unlike the tricks, there is no way to track them. When they have learned to say, not pee inside, there is a quick not, but thats it. Does anyone know if there is a list of the misbehaviors and or a mod that tracks them? I try to watch, but I have 2 people living there and 5 dogs (My personal dog had puppies, sigh) so keeping track is a nightmare. Suggestions more than welcome!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 11:36 PM
I have an animal rescue mod that comes with additional pet stats. Check my downloads in profile for it. You dont have to install the career, just download the package and extract it, and place the petstat.package in your mods folder. Its not an overwrite so wont conflict with any other mods. The pet stats tracks misbehaviour trained, how many pets have been spayed, how many have been adopted, how many have been put up for adoption and one more thing I think, i cant remember off the top of my head! You can see the stats as you normally can, in the active sims simology. Each time a stat is added, there is aspiration points awarded. I dont know if that is a problem for this challenge.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 11:37 PM
ah yes, it also tracks lifetime companions. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=608655