Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
#251 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There is? That would be a typo then. I'll fix it.

Oh there is not anymore the two Elliot households? aawww.. daamn.. back to dravingboard then :D

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#252 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:41 PM
Lol sorry ya'all about the name mix up, fixed now.

Anyway since we have all the table filled and three judges, I say we close this round early and start judging.
Can my three judges check in?
@Charmful
@CatherineTCJD
@Karen Lorraine

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#253 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:43 PM
Present! Also confirming I received the link for the judging sheet.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#254 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:50 PM
Jo, Since it seems Ellu has already made James Evans as James Elliott, and I think she's made him related to the [other] Elliott family, can you let her keep him that way? I think she's made it part of her story.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#255 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:56 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 15th Apr 2017 at 12:11 AM.
Thank you, does it make sense? I wasn't sure how to do comments, I think either pm those or if you would rather you can upload them like I did. I mostly use Word so Word documents are best if you are sending me a file.

Also a note on outside/garden judging, being a starter I don't expect much, so good on this lot will be a lot different than the other lots. Judges please give me feedback on how much time you feel you will need and if need be I will hold of on rounds a day or two longer.

Time Line: This is going to be tweaked because obviously two weeks per lot probably wont be needed for the builders but the judges may need it. I know that application went somewhat crazy and I don't expect rounds to be quite so fast. Once the judges have checked in I will give them a 3 day head start before round 2 begins. This way I hope scores to be in 3 days before a round closes so you guys can look at your comments before you hand in an entry if you are basing your houses on the comments -does that make sense?

Andrew, I don't mind they just need to make it clear in the heading that it's really the entry for Evan's.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#256 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:01 AM
Aww thanks Andrew <3

I allready found the solution , as I really want to use those sims So they had a child but never married, that is fine, and no worries of surenames

EDIT: some day I learn how to type

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Top Secret Researcher
#257 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:34 AM
Sounds good to me, as I expect to have my rump handed to me or mounted on a wall. I have a lot to learn, and am happy to do so. Having those extra days to see what I need to tweak would be nice.
I really love seeing all the homes (*ahem* apartment too!). They're so pretty!!!! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#258 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:53 AM
Hiya! Judge checking in here...
I won't be able to start judging until Monday. My parents are coming in tomorrow for Easter, so Sat and Sun are filled up for me.
I got the adjudication sheet - thank you for clarifying about their 'gardens' Jo.
(I know @Jo doesn't hail you Jo - I just figger you're gonna read every post, so you'll get it eventually - no need to "hail")

Hoppy Easter all ya'll!!!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#259 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 1:02 AM
You're right Cat I do read every post, but you never know I could miss something.

Also it is Easter so this round might go longer. Happy Easter!

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#260 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 1:23 AM
What will happen is the judges have 2 weeks and you have 2 weeks but they will start judging 3 days before you get your new foundation. I am hoping this way to get you your scores and comments 3 days before your time runs out. It was pointed out to me that some contestants like to see the comment on the previous lot before they build. Now because it's Easter and people are away this might change. One of our judges won't be here to judge until Monday so this round may have to be extended.

Just so everyone understands each judge has to score and comment (if they want to comment) on 21 entries. They also have lives and probably jobs or school so as you can imagine it takes awhile.

Right now you can ignore the timer it needs resetting. I am just waiting for the moderator who is doing that to come online.

~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#261 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 1:28 AM
Yes , I allready read your statement at post #256 I deeply apologize to be impatient It is my first one anyhow, so that might explain why so over excited
I will promise I will not repeat my mistake again Once again so sorry .(

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#262 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 1:33 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 15th Apr 2017 at 3:59 AM.
I might just put it on hold until after Easter. I'm a hermit but other people actually go away over Easter or are otherwise busy.

Don't worry about it.

Okay guys so contest is on hold until Easter is over. Feel free to post play alongs and say in the heading "Play Along" But nothing official will be happening until after Easter.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#263 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 3:37 AM
So is this round closed ? I am a little confused.........
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#264 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 3:49 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 15th Apr 2017 at 4:01 AM.
Yes the application round is closed since the table is full but being Easter we can't expect judges to be available to start judging. So I have stopped the timer and will start it again after Easter.

PS. If you post or have posted a play along and I haven't noticed just give me a holler via @ and I will add you to the play along table. I can make it larger.

~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#265 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 8:32 AM
Just checking in. I'm looking forward to judging all the entries they're all so different. Good luck everyone!

Happy Easter!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Theorist
#266 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Very cute play-along build Essa!

Thank you, Charmful.
Lab Assistant
#267 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 11:57 AM
Hi

Sounds Good to me. Happy Hoppy Days, Everyone.
Mad Poster
#268 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 3:53 PM Last edited by gazania : 15th Apr 2017 at 4:13 PM.
Happy Easter and Happy Passover!

I kind of liked a single Elliot and an Elliot family. I thought of the single Elliot as an older sibling chasing a dream of Sims Olympics glory, and moving out of the family home to pursue this dream. Even, perhaps, the missing partner in the first Elliot scenario who decided to take the other's name at marriage, or vice-versa. Gotta rewrite my story line/frame of mind in my head. Or wait .... do I? Actually, this might have inspired yet another scenario. (For me to design a lot, I need to have a scenario in my head. Who are the Sims living there or going there? What kind of house or community lot would they prefer? What are their personalities, needs and wants? Weird, I know.)

While I think I can do a passable lot for five families ... even managed to do a particular config for a section of a house that I like SHOULD I be able to re-create it again during the next round (good luck with that ... it took me three days to figure out a mock-up in the first place, and I have no idea whether it will fit in the contest foundation limits!), the one with the pets is puzzling me. I'm not coming up with much in my head. Oh, well ... the weekend will give me a chance to work out ideas that are pet-friendly; or I can just hope I don't get that family when I roll the dice! I can also cheat and leave out that one family, but I'd prefer not to, if I can come up with something. I like the idea of chance, even if one family is harder for me than the others. I did find some real-life sources for pet-friendly houses that I can use in building.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#269 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 4:26 PM
*raises foot to join but realizes she is late* )) guess I'llnplay along xD im 99.9% sure id disappear midway cos of work!! Good luck everyone~ Im so excited to see everyone's builds <3 and so excited to see new blood in the contests!! Cheers!!
Instructor
#270 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 5:43 PM Last edited by whoward69 : 16th May 2017 at 11:00 PM.
Play-along submission - "And baby makes three"

Walter "Wally" Walters and his new bride, Wendy, are expecting little Wannis (who has conveniently already arrived for the cover shot!)

Edit: In hindsight, investing $4,100 (or about 16% of the budget) into a telescope and robot crafting station was not a wise decision - but hey, it fits my family's back-story

Edit 2: Damn! I forgot to put the Weather Control Device in the yard

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Mad Poster
#271 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
Gummi, your comment does not give me the impression that you were applying to be a judge.

No, I suppose you are right. Looking back I realize I wasn't as clear as I thought I was. Miscommunication. When jo said "I'll keep you in mind" I interpreted that as though my "application" had been approved, and now I hear it didn't count as an application at all so clearly I misunderstood her. Ah well. Can't expect things to work out right when communication is flawed, so never mind. Like I said, explanations help and now it's been explained so that's that

In the end you are far more experienced than I am so perhaps you'll do a better job judging. And I'd rather you be part in some than not at all :lovestruc

Sorry jo, I can see why you didn't understand that I actually wanted to judge. I hope we're cleared now?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#272 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 11:14 PM
I'm sorry too. If you had said your contest entry was application to judge I would have totally given you a thumbs up. If for some reason our judges get ill or life happens I would be very happy to have you as a second emergency judge. I do think however you will find being a contestant easier. The thing with contests is they have rules set down by the site, not by me. I have to supply what it outlines, contestant and judges also. That's why I have to ask for minimum picture size and formal applications, its not me being picky it's the rules. I hope you still plan to take part?

PS. I will get to all the other posts, but I am off to Easter service in a few minutes.

~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#273 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
No, I suppose you are right. Looking back I realize I wasn't as clear as I thought I was. Miscommunication. When jo said "I'll keep you in mind" I interpreted that as though my "application" had been approved, and now I hear it didn't count as an application at all so clearly I misunderstood her. Ah well. Can't expect things to work out right when communication is flawed, so never mind. Like I said, explanations help and now it's been explained so that's that

In the end you are far more experienced than I am so perhaps you'll do a better job judging. And I'd rather you be part in some than not at all :lovestruc

Sorry jo, I can see why you didn't understand that I actually wanted to judge. I hope we're cleared now?
Just sending love back at ya!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Top Secret Researcher
#274 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 11:30 PM
@Pideli Thank you for your interest. I'm sorry that it's going to be a no. While you don't need any uploads to MTS to judge, it would have to be passable as an upload. I would suggest you enter as a contestant.

I don't know what that means. Kinda discouraging tbh, to be told no without explanation. o.o
And yes I've read the creator guidelines. I see it was in use, but I'm sure there has to be more than that since I'm not uploading it, it was a sample.
Mad Poster
#275 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 12:58 AM
I'm sorry too. If you had said your contest entry was application to judge I would have totally given you a thumbs up. If for some reason our judges get ill or life happens I would be very happy to have you as a second emergency judge. I do think however you will find being a contestant easier. The thing with contests is they have rules set down by the site, not by me. I have to supply what it outlines, contestant and judges also. That's why I have to ask for minimum picture size and formal applications, its not me being picky it's the rules. I hope you still plan to take part?

PS. I will get to all the other posts, but I am off to Easter service in a few minutes.

Yes, I should have been clearer. Second emergency judge sounds great, though I doubt it'll come to that. Yes, I still plan to take part as a contestant. After all I did say I'm adult enough to not throw temper tantrums, so it'd be ridiculous to rage quit over this when it's clearly partially my fault And I get that you have to follow rules set by the site, I just wasn't aware they had those rules. Lesson learned for next time

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.

Page 11 of 106