Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 12:11 AM
hi, can someone please post a picture of what it finally looks like when you have a few (preferably 3 or more) houses "connected" ? i would really appreciate it, and it would help me to decide whether to download this LotAdjuster or not. im currently debating it, i just want to see what the finished product looks like. thanks a ton!!!!!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 12:51 AM
Do a search for "rowhouse" and look at the screenshots.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 3:38 AM
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 1:50 AM
Can this also be used for already existing lots? Like I already have them next to each other, but I want to turn them into rowhouses...is that possible?
Site Helper
#30 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 8:30 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 26th Jul 2008 at 8:38 PM.
Default Converting an existing house to a rowhouse
No problem. If you want to keep the existing lot size, you can expand the lot, then build your lot up to the previous edge, then shrink back to the original size.

There is no problem with running the LotAdjuster multiple times on the same lot.

Although plasticbox says that the tiles at the edge of a rowhouse cannot be modified, you can actually make changes using this same method: just expand, make the changes, and then shrink.

Note that the LotAdjuster will refuse to shrink a lot with fences on the edge, even though the game allows you to place them there. So, if you're having problems re-shrinking an expanded lot, look to see whether you need to temporarily remove some fences.
Test Subject
#31 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 9:19 PM
Got it, thanks!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#32 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 2:03 PM
Thanks for this awesome tutorail, but I have ONE question. Say if I were building a more modern type of lot and I wanted a flat roof the connected to the adjacent lot, would that work?

I don't know if the floortile would be considered as something like walls and wouldn't cause the lot to properly shrink.

Thanks PB/Mootilda

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 4:10 PM
You can use floortiles for roofs, no problem. Just be aware that you won't be able to edit the last row of tiles next to the edge after shrinking, so you need to put them there beforehand.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 2:02 PM
I'm having problems with my roof. I saw the earlier post about someone getting the invalid roof message because they were using the older version of lotadjuster, but I have the newest 2.6 installed and I am still getting the invalid roof error.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 9:05 AM
Woolgathering, nobody can tell what's wrong when we can't see what you're doing. Please post a screenshot.

Test Subject
#36 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 11:10 PM
Unfortunately I'm not able to post a screenshot. My sims computer does not have internet right now and I can't upload anything to the computer I'm using for internet right now. Which sucks lol.

I was only wondering if this newest version still allows the roof to the edge of the lot. If it does, then I'll keep playing around with it until I figure out what's wrong myself.
Site Helper
#37 Old 15th May 2009 at 5:49 AM
Yes, it still allows the roof to the edge of the lot. Sounds like you have a roof which goes past the edge.
Test Subject
#38 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 7:15 PM Last edited by stuffstuff : 29th Jul 2009 at 7:30 PM.
I have his/her same problem but i can post a screen
heres the screens

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 11:49 PM
To me it looks like there's not enough space on the left side of the lot (seen from the street), but I can't really see anything on those tiny pics. If you'd post a real screenshot, that might help.

Test Subject
#40 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 7:28 AM
To me it's not working with the newest LodAdjuster.
I have Mansion & Garden so I can't use an older version.
I downloaded the new one, but it tells me that I need to build 1 tile away from the edge so I can't make the fake rowhouses.
Do you have a solution?
Site Helper
#41 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 10:18 PM
Are you sure that you're following the tutorial correctly? It works the same way for Mansions and Gardens as for all other EPs: create a lot which is larger than you require, build the building so that there are no walls along the edge which will become the new lot edge, shrink the lot.

If you use the LotAdjuster 2.8, then you need to have an extra 10 tiles on any side that you intend to shrink. If you use the LotAdjuster 3.2, then you just need to have a total of 10 extra tiles for each direction that you want to shrink.

Could you provide a screenshot of the error message, and screenshots of the lot with the grid on, showing all levels of the building, and large enough that we can try to determine where your problem lies?
Test Subject
#42 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Are you sure that you're following the tutorial correctly? It works the same way for Mansions and Gardens as for all other EPs: create a lot which is larger than you require, build the building so that there are no walls along the edge which will become the new lot edge, shrink the lot.

If you use the LotAdjuster 2.8, then you need to have an extra 10 tiles on any side that you intend to shrink. If you use the LotAdjuster 3.2, then you just need to have a total of 10 extra tiles for each direction that you want to shrink.

Could you provide a screenshot of the error message, and screenshots of the lot with the grid on, showing all levels of the building, and large enough that we can try to determine where your problem lies?

Thanks for the quick response.
I hope I have enough images for you.

I hope you can see enough. I have no pictures of all levels because I didn't make them at that time and it takes a long time to start up Sims. So I don't feel like starting it up. Now I doubt about it if I've deleted the attic wall, but I'm having some trouble with Sims so I will look at that very soon.
Site Helper
#43 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 4:56 PM
Your pictures are fine; they show all levels of the lot. I can't see anything obviously wrong. However, I can't see the entire left side of the building and there's no picture which shows the right side; those two views might help.

If worse comes to worse, you could zip up your lot package and neighborhood package (for example, N001_neighborhood.package and N001_Lot5.package) and I will see whether I can determine where the problem lies.

Also, a suggestion: For rowhouses, I would recommend that you set "Lot Edges" to "Flatten".
Test Subject
#44 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 8:12 PM Last edited by Nortix : 18th Apr 2010 at 8:59 PM.
Your pictures are fine; they show all levels of the lot. I can't see anything obviously wrong. However, I can't see the entire left side of the building and there's no picture which shows the right side; those two views might help.

If worse comes to worse, you could zip up your lot package and neighborhood package (for example, N001_neighborhood.package and N001_Lot5.package) and I will see whether I can determine where the problem lies.

Also, a suggestion: For rowhouses, I would recommend that you set "Lot Edges" to "Flatten".

It were indeed the attic walls.
That was not very smart of me, thank you alot for your help.
And also thanks for the suggestion.

Hmm, I have another problem, I did what's said in the tutorial but now the house is in a weird place.
I've made some screenshots, maybe you know how to fix it.
If it's not clear enough I'll upload the house tomorrow.

The last four pictures are not very clear but that's because I took snapshots in Sims 2 and because of my bad graphics card.
Site Helper
#45 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 9:18 PM
The LotAdjuster only does one part of the work needed. The other part is done inside of the game, initiated by you. After using the LotAdjuster, you want to edit the lot and make a build change, then go to the neighborhood view, pick up the lot and then place it down again in the correct location. This convinces the game to regenerate the lot imposter and reconnect the lot to the neighborhood.

From your pictures, I'm guessing that you missed that step. As far as the game is concerned, that lot is still the original size.
Test Subject
#46 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 8:30 PM Last edited by Nortix : 19th Apr 2010 at 8:42 PM.
The LotAdjuster only does one part of the work needed. The other part is done inside of the game, initiated by you. After using the LotAdjuster, you want to edit the lot and make a build change, then go to the neighborhood view, pick up the lot and then place it down again in the correct location. This convinces the game to regenerate the lot imposter and reconnect the lot to the neighborhood.

From your pictures, I'm guessing that you missed that step. As far as the game is concerned, that lot is still the original size.

I did that part.
But I started the corner with 3x2 but now it seems 2x1, I replaced it a couple of times but it won't change.
Site Helper
#47 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 9:29 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 20th Apr 2010 at 1:03 AM.
Yes, you're right; I misread what was occurring. The second set of lot pictures are a bit small.

As far as I can tell, you shrank the lot on one side, but not on the other. If you look in the neighborhood view, the lot footprint looks like 2x2. In the lot view, I can still see grid lines on the right side of the lot. However, there don't seem to be any grid lines at the front of the lot.

Is it possible that you accidentally shrank on the left and front, rather than on the left and right? Shrinking at the front would certainly have the effect of placing your building on top of the road.

You might want to restore from your backup and try again.
Test Subject
#48 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 5:10 PM
Yes, you're right; I misread what was occurring. The second set of lot pictures are a bit small.

As far as I can tell, you shrank the lot on one side, but not on the other. If you look in the neighborhood view, the lot footprint looks like 2x2. In the lot view, I can still see grid lines on the right side of the lot. However, there don't seem to be any grid lines at the front of the lot.

Is it possible that you accidentally shrank on the left and front, rather than on the left and right? Shrinking at the front would certainly have the effect of placing your building on top of the road.

You might want to restore from your backup and try again.

Thanks for you reply again.
It's quite strange that it didn't say anything when I shrank the lot, so I guess it not happened. I'm also quite sure that I didn't shrank the front side.
I'll try it later with a different house and see if it's still not working.
Haha, if not, you'll speak me again very soon.
Site Helper
#49 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nortix
It's quite strange that it didn't say anything when I shrank the lot, so I guess it not happened.
Can you clarify this statement? Did you get the message that the modification was complete? It's not an error to shrink a lot at the front, as long as the LotAdjuster can't find anything that it can't deal with, like walls and roofs.
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 2:22 PM Last edited by Nortix : 21st Apr 2010 at 5:35 PM.
Can you clarify this statement? Did you get the message that the modification was complete? It's not an error to shrink a lot at the front, as long as the LotAdjuster can't find anything that it can't deal with, like walls and roofs.

Okay, it's quite weird, I'll try again to shrink a lot and see if that will work.
I fully succeed by trying it with a different lot.
Thanks for the LotAdjuster and the tutorial, it's really nice!
And of course thanks for your time. =D
Page 2 of 3