Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 161 (Who?), Viewed: 49330 times.
Page 7 of 7
Scholar
#151 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 9:36 PM
I'm awful at remembering numbers as well, but I know the batbox isn't giving me the same number each time, as I would notice a repeated number like that. Maybe should be writing the number down each time just to be sure, but I'm so lazy...
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#152 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 2:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
But every time I roll it I get a different number - as far as I can tell given that I never remember numbers - but I know I've gotten anywhere from single digits to four in that pop-up telling you how many CAS sims were created and discarded.

Perhaps you have CC that uses a BHAV needing a random number?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootilda
BHAVs have access to only one Random Number generator, and it looks like that generator is not properly seeded. However, that particular random number generator is used by all BHAVs which require a random number, so the likelihood may be that it will be called a random number of times before the batbox is used.

To repeat Moo's findings you'd have to save prior to a birth, then exit, re-load and run the batbox then.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Please try my Sims 2 and Sims 3 worlds!
Sims File Share- ask me for a code :)
#153 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 2:15 AM
Oh. Huh, I wonder if that's the reason I was having trouble with twojeff's school bus bring home dialog always bringing home the same few Sims.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
#154 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 5:42 PM
I did a bit of testing with the Welcome Wagon. I use twojeff's Welcome Wagon choice dialog but I wasn't able to figure out if it modified the selection of the Sims. But rolling the pacifier didn't seem to affect things very much - the Sims did change a bit with each attempt, but they were all low-numbered Sims, and the same ones appeared several times. Maybe if I had rolled it a couple thousand times something would've changed, but no.

Also, meet "WHY," "I REGRET LIFE," and their son Masochism. Why can I never resist playing with the face sliders when rolling the pacifier?

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Scholar
#155 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 7:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Why can I never resist playing with the face sliders when rolling the pacifier?

Because it's FUN!!! Especially with all the custom face sliders that people are making now.

Thanks to Crmelsimlover for sharing these rare Christianlov mods for TS2: Cpack editor with working face DNA fixer and Skin Selector Painting Prototype. Instructions for adding custom skins to Skin Selector at post #37 here. Instructions for using the DNA fixer at post # 2662 here .
#156 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 7:59 PM
You can set the sliders all the way to one end and then right-click on one of the templates (that sets it to 10%, i think) and then drag the sliders over again. It's easy to create extremely warped facial features this way.

Scholar
#157 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 12:16 PM
Yes, like these! Noses are popular - lots of videos of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYGIwXeGOgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZU0Bs6gTQA

Thanks to Crmelsimlover for sharing these rare Christianlov mods for TS2: Cpack editor with working face DNA fixer and Skin Selector Painting Prototype. Instructions for adding custom skins to Skin Selector at post #37 here. Instructions for using the DNA fixer at post # 2662 here .
#158 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 8:07 PM
In my first hood, I created a very grouchy romance sim called Nosy Parker. You can probably guess what his most recognizable feature was. Never really played him much, though. I might recreate him and make him a townie for Oakbrook.

Test Subject
#159 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 8:33 PM
One thing I'm a little confused about (it's probably been explained and I'm just not getting it): what if Family B has a baby between Family A's first and second children? Do I still have to roll the pacifier before the second Family A baby's birth?
#160 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 8:37 PM
You roll before the game session a family is about to have a baby, unless it's their firstborn. So yes.

Mad Poster
#161 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:09 PM
The important thing to remember is that the randomizer resets at the beginning of each game session.

Every time you load the game, you'll need to roll the pacifier at least once if you're expecting any births.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#162 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
The important thing to remember is that the randomizer resets at the beginning of each game session.
Every time you load the game, you'll need to roll the pacifier at least once if you're expecting any births.

Good to know. I was just rolling when I heard the chimes, and thought that was all I had to do. I hope I can remember to roll with each reload.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Page 7 of 7