Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Have Some Personality Please!

by PolarBearSims Posted 16th May 2017 at 2:18 AM - Updated 16th Mar 2024 at 10:14 PM by PolarBearSims : Mod Update 11/17/20

1202 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 981 Feedback Posts, 220 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 49
Scholar
#226 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blackthai95
Please pardon my noob-ness but I'm confused at which file to download. Do I have to have to download all of them to get all features? Thank you. And very nice mod by the way. Keep up the good work

As I see it you can choose between two main mods where one have some restriction on woohoo and try for baby, the other have not:
Personality Please!
Personality Please! No Restrictions:

Start there and then add options. Read the descriptons for each option.
Theorist
Original Poster
#227 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
As I see it you can choose between two main mods where one have some restriction on woohoo and try for baby, the other have not:
Personality Please!
Personality Please! No Restrictions:

Start there and then add options. Read the descriptons for each option.

Thank you for responding to their question I just want to add that the restricted version also restricts romance. The rest is just add one. Meaning you don't need them if you don't want them. Each has their own description so read them carefully.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
#228 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 8:01 PM
I have been using the Toddler personality since you said you wanted feedback. It works great on my game! And my toddler and the moodlets (though I'm not if that was apart of the package or not) or a more realistic and unique now. It fits a parent/toddler relationship a lot better if that makes since. I have an independent toddler and now she's actually independent and is so unique on her own. When the mom does help, she gets a certain moodlet that I haven't seen before which is nice or when she finally puts her kid down to bed, she gets a moodlet that says Peace and Quiet (now a calm rest of the day of the toddler goes to bed) or something around those lines. Haven't seen that moodlet before. I guess it was supposed to be apart of the parenthood pack (which I have) but because of the crazy codes of toddlers, never got that before. This Toddler personality mod has helped a lot! Thanks so much for this. I'll keep you posted if something happens that conflicts or whatever that others or you may want know. But I played with it a whole day and so far so good!
Theorist
Original Poster
#229 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chibi.Dannie
I have been using the Toddler personality since you said you wanted feedback. It works great on my game! And my toddler and the moodlets (though I'm not if that was apart of the package or not) or a more realistic and unique now. It fits a parent/toddler relationship a lot better if that makes since. I have an independent toddler and now she's actually independent and is so unique on her own. When the mom does help, she gets a certain moodlet that I haven't seen before which is nice or when she finally puts her kid down to bed, she gets a moodlet that says Peace and Quiet (now a calm rest of the day of the toddler goes to bed) or something around those lines. Haven't seen that moodlet before. I guess it was supposed to be apart of the parenthood pack (which I have) but because of the crazy codes of toddlers, never got that before. This Toddler personality mod has helped a lot! Thanks so much for this. I'll keep you posted if something happens that conflicts or whatever that others or you may want know. But I played with it a whole day and so far so good!

Thank you. Your feedback is greatly appreciated nope, the moodlets are in the game, I didn't do anything with those, but glad to hear your getting them! I'm glad to hear the toddlers have attitude now and seem to be their own person. The whole reason why I made this mod was bc all sims including toddlers all seemed like they were all the same with no variants between sims. I'm glad to hear your getting results. Thank you again!

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

Lab Assistant
#230 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 5:54 AM
This mod is great overall, but what's the purpose of having "ask about career" enabled? It doesn't really matter if random John Doe learned about Joe Shmoe's job if my sim isn't the one asking, and all it does is flood the screen with constant notifications. Had to remove it myself because it became too distracting and annoying to deal with.
Theorist
Original Poster
#231 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deer_Lord
This mod is great overall, but what's the purpose of having "ask about career" enabled? It doesn't really matter if random John Doe learned about Joe Shmoe's job if my sim isn't the one asking, and all it does is flood the screen with constant notifications. Had to remove it myself because it became too distracting and annoying to deal with.

It was put in for the purpose of sims learning about each other.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#232 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 6:09 PM
Hello! Just came over to thank you for this mod, I love that my sims are actually interacting with each other now without me having to constantly keep an eye on them. It was getting really annoying with the sims running to play with the computer all the time instead of holding up a conversation. The only "problem" I have now is that my married sims keep trying to get a baby all the time and I have to watch them so they don't go and get pregnant since they already have 3 kids. Which is kinda funny though so I'm more amused than annoyed because of it :--D
Test Subject
#233 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 7:44 PM
I had to remove this mod in order for the Divorce option to show up for my sims. No matter how awful their relationship was I was unable to divorce with this mod installed. Removed it...and poof! the option for divorce came up.
Theorist
Original Poster
#234 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SHEnanigans
I had to remove this mod in order for the Divorce option to show up for my sims. No matter how awful their relationship was I was unable to divorce with this mod installed. Removed it...and poof! the option for divorce came up.

This mod doesn't do anything with divorce, the files aren't in the mod. Must be something else or a conflict with something that's causing it.

Theorist
Original Poster
#235 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dreamsofperil
Hello! Just came over to thank you for this mod, I love that my sims are actually interacting with each other now without me having to constantly keep an eye on them. It was getting really annoying with the sims running to play with the computer all the time instead of holding up a conversation. The only "problem" I have now is that my married sims keep trying to get a baby all the time and I have to watch them so they don't go and get pregnant since they already have 3 kids. Which is kinda funny though so I'm more amused than annoyed because of it :--D

I guess it has some realism in it lol since there's not much guarantee that a married couple still intimate wouldn't get pregnant lol glad your enjoying it

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#236 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 5:30 PM
awesome
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#237 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 5:30 AM
Woah! This is an amazing mod! My evil sims are actually being mean on their own instead of happily chatting with other sims. Keep it up!

If you had a patreon, I'd gladly donate!

EDIT: And I saw that you have one. Here, have one on me!
Theorist
Original Poster
#238 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Woah! This is an amazing mod! My evil sims are actually being mean on their own instead of happily chatting with other sims. Keep it up!

If you had a patreon, I'd gladly donate!

EDIT: And I saw that you have one. Here, have one on me!

Thank you! Currently working on a new release with some bug squishing

Test Subject
#239 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 8:30 PM
This is a great mod! I've been looking for some more personality. Would it be possible to add some type of emotion to reactions to Teen Pregnancy??
Theorist
Original Poster
#240 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:26 PM
UPDATE

Sorry this took a little bit to get back with you since the Patch.

FIXED: Woohoo animations have been fixed. More romantic ones for the responses will be coming soon!
FIXED: All romantic interactions will now appear if a sim is engaged or married. Prior, if those sims were together before the mod, the interactions were locked out.
CHANGED: Reworked the romantic interactions on when they will show in the pie menu. See below for details
CHANGED: Woohoo and Try for Baby's restrictions have been adjusted.
REQUESTED: For romance not to be set quite so high on when it will show. More details below.
REQUESTED: "Ask about Career" is currently no longer autonomous till I can get rid of the broadcaster.

Thank you all for your support! Its greatly appreaciated!

All my mods will now be posted on my Patreon first if any want to test it before its release to the public. All my mods will always be free and always be released in a timely manor from the one on Patreon

~ENJOY~

Lab Assistant
#241 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 8:38 PM
I can't seem to get my Sims to WooHoo after this update. The option doesn't appear in the social menus, but it does appear on objects and nothing happens when you use them. I tested this with a couple who are maxed friendship and romance.
Theorist
Original Poster
#242 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jackboog21
I can't seem to get my Sims to WooHoo after this update. The option doesn't appear in the social menus, but it does appear on objects and nothing happens when you use them.

If you have the original version, read the woohoo spoiler. It will explain about the restriction. Clicking on object for woohoo I didn't change those files. The non restricted version will not have any if that and woohoo will appear regardless.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#243 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 9:37 PM
I get there's a restriction, but are these restrictions now so tight that not even maxed friendship and romance married couples can't woohoo? I honestly don't fully understand what the restrictions are, your description of it doesn't go into enough detail.
Theorist
Original Poster
#244 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 9:59 PM
I get there's a restriction, but are these restrictions now so tight that not even maxed friendship and romance married couples can't woohoo? I honestly don't fully understand what the restrictions are, your description of it doesn't go into enough detail.

Ok, I apologize for that. Will get the description updated when I get home. Must of missed getting that added. based on my tests, even with high relationships you still need to raise their mood meter. Try doing a bunch of romantic interactions till you get alluring or steamy and let me know how it goes. I will also test it again when I get home. Thank you for your input

Lab Assistant
#245 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 10:19 PM
They're having a Steamy Exchange and are both Very Flirty. There still isn't a WooHoo or Try For Baby option.
Theorist
Original Poster
#246 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 1:52 AM
They're having a Steamy Exchange and are both Very Flirty. There still isn't a WooHoo or Try For Baby option.

Ok I ran some tests because according to my codes it should only be based on romance and friendship levels. I had my sims who set to soulmates and good friends and it did not come up, however I had them do the first kiss and then it did show. So somewhere in there it still wants first kiss. I will have to go in and see if I can write in an exception for that, that way if the sims are bf/gf, engaged or married it will show up. Once I get this fixed I will get it updated. Thank you for finding this out since during my testing the first kiss must of already been done and it was showing up and disappearing when it was supposed to.

Also, the restrictions should be a lot more laid back now. It should only be based on a friendship or romance levels or both. The only one that will require anything more is Try for Baby.

Theorist
Original Poster
#247 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
Ok I ran some tests because according to my codes it should only be based on romance and friendship levels. I had my sims who set to soulmates and good friends and it did not come up, however I had them do the first kiss and then it did show. So somewhere in there it still wants first kiss. I will have to go in and see if I can write in an exception for that, that way if the sims are bf/gf, engaged or married it will show up. Once I get this fixed I will get it updated. Thank you for finding this out since during my testing the first kiss must of already been done and it was showing up and disappearing when it was supposed to.

Also, the restrictions should be a lot more laid back now. It should only be based on a friendship or romance levels or both. The only one that will require anything more is Try for Baby.

I found the issue. It was in a different file that was not in the mod. So it made it a very easy and fast fix!. Thank you again for finding this. Testers like you make a huge difference in how a mod works. Regardless of how many times I test something, doesn't always mean I got all the possibilities.

Theorist
Original Poster
#248 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 2:10 AM
UPDATE:

FIXED: Woohoo and Try for Baby not showing up when they were supposed to.

A new XML file has been added to the list for this fix. If you need to check it for conflicts it will be the last one listed in the XML Spoiler

Thank you all for your support!

~ENJOY~

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#249 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 1:39 PM
Sorry maybe to ask something that was asked but I am confused, so if we use both MCCC and this mod we will keep getting those notifications of their careers etc?

Thanks!
Theorist
Original Poster
#250 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlineFrrr
Sorry maybe to ask something that was asked but I am confused, so if we use both MCCC and this mod we will keep getting those notifications of their careers etc?

Thanks!

This mod no longer has the career notifications.

Page 10 of 49