Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 3:45 AM
Default How do I convert a decoration plane into a drivable/flyable plane
How do I convert a decoration plane into a drivable/flyable plane

Hi! I have Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II Set from MTS, which is a flyable plane that is installed in my game and a drivable plane from http://www.mediafire.com/download/5...hamal.sims3pack

But, the problem is, they are so small to be passenger planes.

You may wonder why I wanted to convert decorations into functioning vehicles, well, I have 2 very large passenger planes from http://naughtysims.blogspot.com/201...tml?q=airplanes and http://naughtysims.blogspot.com/201...erican+Airlines, but they can't fly 'cause they are only decorations in the game.

Can anyone help me please? Please link me to a simple tutorial on how to do this so I could build my Int'l Airport.

Thank You Very Much.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 10:00 AM
Have you ever made any objects for TS3? Because making a vehicle is no small thing, and if you haven't done, say, a table or a chair, then making a whole vehicle, even with a premade model, is going to be... basically impossible.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 12:16 PM
You'll need to make it into a 'car', which you do by cloning a car from the game and replacing its mesh and textures with the mesh and textures of your plane.

One big problem you're going to have is footprint size if you want very large planes. You either have to keep the footprint the same size as a car and live with having sims walking through the body when the plane is 'parked' on the ground, or make the footprint size to match the plane, which means it will need a lot of open space around it in order for it to take up the necessary amount of space for sims not to walk through it. Making a while airport of planes that size would be very problematic.

As far as the actual process of making a car goes, Bloom wrote a tutorial that should hopefully get you started: Vehicles, How?
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 3:19 PM
Even if you manage to convert it into a car it will look unreal ingame imo.
It will act like a car, total diffrent animations then a plane should have.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 2:40 PM Last edited by carolynobligacion : 25th Nov 2013 at 3:05 PM.
Ok, thanks everyone. I have created small and simple 3D objects and one character in Maya, but I have not yet made a car. You are right, a car is very difficult to make, that's why I am not creating it in Maya. I tried to make a car before, but didn't finish it, because I lost all hope in creating a realistic one, it was so difficult!

How about, Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II Set from MTS, it is a small flyable plane, Can I make it bigger using S3PE or any applications created for TS3? Any simple tutorial to make it bigger?

Has anyone made a passenger plane cloned from the Alien's Spaceship in TS3 Seasons? Or, is the Alien's spaceship drivable at all by active human sims not alien sims?

I apologize for asking too many questions, I am just too desperate enough to create realism in the game, because, that is what's lacking in TS3.