Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 4:30 PM
Default Displaced Joints After TSRW Export
I've never had this issue before, and it's only occurred if I hadn't assigned the required joints to parts of the mesh. What happens is that I assign the joints to the mesh in Milkshape and import it into TSRW -- everything looks fine -- then when I finish perfecting the textures, I export it and then test it in game. Then, when I open the game, I find that two of the five clocks I made in a set -- their hands are not where they originally were.

What they look like in TSRW:

and what happens to them in game:

(also, I have no clue why the top left clock's multiplier is doing that.)

Any clue to why these two are really messed up?
Screenshots

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 12:01 AM
Is the centerpoint of the hands/clock still on the same spot as the original clone?
Seems to me it moved?
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 1:10 AM
Yeah, I moved them down to be more centered with the clock instead of moving the entire clock itself. That seems a bit odd that they'd displace themselves if you move them from the original spot, but yet I can see why they might. I'll go back and correct that and see if the problem persists.

Sockpuppet
#4 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 7:31 AM
The joints attached to the hands are still positioned on the original spot in the RIG file and that is were the hands will appear.
You can correct the jointoffset in the RIG but it might be easier to just move the entire clock so its centerpoint is on the same spot as the original clone.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 10:23 PM
Yep! That was the problem! Got it working like normal.

Thank you for your help!

Sockpuppet
#6 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 4:26 PM
your welcome.