Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 9:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Should i care about TS3 slowdown (CAS and in cities)?
1) The more CC i install, the more lag i have in CAS when game "loads up" many many many clothing when you choose category (everyday, formal, gym etc.). Is that completely normal or i should fix it somehow? Same for choosing premade sim and other stuff.

2) Lags in towns. Surely it's because i have graphics nearly at maximum, but at the same time my pc should be "ok" (i5 2.8-3.5 ghz / 16 gb ram / 4 gb vram), it's mostly lag because of LOD objects that return to details when you move camera, especially in towns like Bridgeport.

What i ask, is a question whether it's dangerous for my pc to handle that? In such case i should reduce gfx quality and only bring it back for taking screenshots. If it's not exhausting cpu/gpu, then i can deal with it. In houses everything is ok, afterall.

p.s.
Interesting though, that hq mode that enables texture renderin at higher size, doesnt affect perfomance much.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 10:44 AM
Quote:
Doesn't it make sense the more you have, the more it loads, the longer it takes?

It does, just wanted to be sure. Also, yeah, i don't keep any game folders on ssd, instead using usual hdd.

Quote:
the HQ mod performance decrease may not be as noticeable.

Thanks for explanation. Also, of course, i didnt set it higher than 2560 or 3072 (as 6k wouldnt make sense when most textures are 1k or 2k at max). So i need to use test tools to see how active/heated cpu/gpu gets...
Problem with screenshots is that i often do them spontaneously Never know when something awaits you that u would like to photo.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 12:20 AM Last edited by igazor : 8th Apr 2017 at 12:31 AM.
A bit less technical, but on your CAS category lag you may want to consider NRaas MasterController. Its Show in Compact Form options for CAS almost eliminate the category load-up lag for many of us. You don't get to see the three presets all in a row for each item anymore, but they are still there if you use CASt to find them. And you can revert to the slower, show the presets options without leaving CAS (Stylist, etc.) by right-clicking on the "..." game options button, entering MC Options that way, and then changing CAS categories once.

NRaas > MC > Settings > CAS > Show in Compact Form:Clothes (Accessories, Hats)
(MC Integration add-on module required to see this in all instances of CAS and its subsets, as opposed to just MC command ones)