Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 32 (Who?), Viewed: 22985 times.
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 9:34 AM Last edited by mixa97sr : 25th Jun 2016 at 4:07 PM.
Default Problems with exporting mesh to MLOD *SOLVED*
I have a dining table I made in blender. I made chairs using tutorials from this forum, and it worked perfectly fine. However, when it comes to the table, it just won't work.

Whenever I export the edited mesh to MLOD file 00000 and MODL file, it export successfuly, but when I import it into the game or try to import it into blender, the mesh and the bone dissapear.

Their groups are still there, but they are nonexistant. And it does not matter if the mesh is parented to the bone or not. The only thing that stays is shadow plane.

Sunshadow MLODs are alright.
Advertisement
MakeNeedsStaticOn
staff: super moderator
#2 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 1:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa97sr
I have a dining table I made in blender. I made chairs using tutorials from this forum, and it worked perfectly fine. However, when it comes to the table, it just won't work.

Whenever I export the edited mesh to MLOD file 00000 and MODL file, it export successfuly, but when I import it into the game or try to import it into blender, the mesh and the bone dissapear.

Their groups are still there, but they are nonexistant. And it does not matter if the mesh is parented to the bone or not. The only thing that stays is shadow plane.

Sunshadow MLODs are alright.

What tutorial are you following? It seems like you're using the older way of making objects, which is fine! I had this issue because the Blender plugin wasn't compatible with the version of Blender, so you could check if you have the correct version. Else you could take a look at this page: http://download.blender.org/release/
Also, does Blender give you this small box with all these confusing sentences and paths when you import the mesh? Maybe could you make a screenshot of that if you're having one.

Though I guess my guesses on the tutorial you're following is the one Cmar made, isn't it?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 2:45 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 12th Jun 2016 at 2:59 PM.
Yep, I'll send you the picture of error report when importing, but I think you already know what's wrong. I'm using orangemittens's tutorial. And yeah, I think that blender is incompatible with the plugin.

EDIT:

Here's the error:

Also, thanks for the blender version directory. I just couldn't find the right version.
MakeNeedsStaticOn
#4 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 3:32 PM
Ahh, yeah. You're using version 2.70, which seems not to be compatible with what the TS3 tools needs. I've noticed it didn't work with 2.70, even though cmomoney says it does. So I would download a 2.63 (not the b and a version). THough, me, I never succeeded baking with this plugin, just importing stuff worked for me.

So I would try an older version of Blender, since it seems you're not the only one with the issue here: http://modthesims.info/download.php...097#post4712097
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 6:16 PM
Yeah. Now I remeber that I couldn't bake, so I downloaded another version of Blender. I guess older ones works? Thanks. I'll try out and see if it's ok.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 9:09 PM
I tried to follow your advice, but earlier versions of blender won't install MLOD/MODL tools, and v2.63 imports default MLOD/MODL files without a bone. I'll try to see if there's a version of blender between 2.63-2.7 that supports this plugin right.
MakeNeedsStaticOn
#7 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 9:19 PM
Quote:
I tried to follow your advice, but earlier versions of blender won't install MLOD/MODL tools, and v2.63 imports default MLOD/MODL files without a bone. I'll try to see if there's a version of blender between 2.63-2.7 that supports this plugin right.

I'm not really sure which one I used for it, but I guess it's save to do that. Let me know if you found a version that worked!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 10:25 PM
It seems that any version of blender between 2.63 and 2.7 won't work properly, and version 2.66 won't work at all with the plugin (it deletes everything).

I guess it's something in the settings, but the only thing that works with the plugin is 2.7 and that's ony with some meshes (the chair I made). The other versions do not work with any mesh (MLOD/MODL). I've been sitting all day trying to make it work! Ugh!
MakeNeedsStaticOn
#9 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 12:14 AM
Quote:
It seems that any version of blender between 2.63 and 2.7 won't work properly, and version 2.66 won't work at all with the plugin (it deletes everything).

I guess it's something in the settings, but the only thing that works with the plugin is 2.7 and that's ony with some meshes (the chair I made). The other versions do not work with any mesh (MLOD/MODL). I've been sitting all day trying to make it work! Ugh!

Hmm... I'm sure this is annoying for you (because it was really frustrated for me), especially if you're not a milkshape 3D user, but right now I suppose you could either message Cmomoney about the plugin, or add the bones in Milkshape, since that one has a proper plugin for it that works.

But so far the 2.70 version of Blender's error is telling, is that it can't read the bones, which is probably because Blender could be using an improper bones system for the plugin. Or that part wasn't updated except for the rest that does work with importing.

I'll take a look at the script itself and if I found a fix on the bone import, I'll let you know.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 8:30 AM
But it works well on the chairs. I don't understand what's wrong with the table.

I'll try to use Milkshape to export it untill you, maybe, find the solution. If you don't, I'll just use this way. It's only one simple step more.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 11:03 AM Last edited by mixa97sr : 13th Jun 2016 at 11:42 AM.
I tried importing it into the game, one more time, and this is what I get:

It might not be the problem with the plugin, but with the mesh itself?

EDIT:

Seems that the shadow mesh works fine. Ugh. I'm getting my hands on milkshape.

EDIT2:

It seems that I can't work with milkshape, as for some reason I can't export files to s3asc from s3pe, only to s3m2b. Milkshape won't import those.
MakeNeedsStaticOn
#12 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 1:08 PM
So! I got the bones for the table working by editing something really small in the plugin, but... the mesh isn't showing up. Which I did with a cloned table from Pets. So this plugin is a bit more complex than I thought.
Could you give me a link to the mesh of the table? if you could, a S3Asc version, so I could see if it's using something special or just the wrong bones. I don't think the polycounts are the ones to mess it up.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 1:46 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 13th Jun 2016 at 2:05 PM.
Problem is that I can't export it as s3asc, as there is no that option in s3pe, only s3m2b. It might have something to do with that.

Maybe it's because I messed with the group names or with multipart mesh? I've been doing a candle mesh as well, and it seems that It's doing the same thing when I import it back. It deletes the "group01_m" and bone, leaving only "group00_m". It did not do it when I edited the default mesh's groups, but when I joined those two into one mesh (group00), and added another mesh (group01), exported it and imported it back again, it deleted the group01 and bone.

EDIT:

And I edited the candle mesh, so that the original base (group00) be separated from original mesh (group01), and adding another mesh to group01, and it worked. I'll try this with the table. I basically just need to rename the groups. Problem is that I need to rebuild the scenario, or start over. At least I have the mesh.
MakeNeedsStaticOn
#14 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 2:20 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 13th Jun 2016 at 2:36 PM.
Quote:
Problem is that I can't export it as s3asc, as there is no that option in s3pe, only s3m2b. It might have something to do with that.

Maybe it's because I messed with the group names or with multipart mesh? I've been doing a candle mesh as well, and it seems that It's doing the same thing when I import it back. It deletes the "group01_m" and bone, leaving only "group00_m". It did not do it when I edited the default mesh's groups, but when I joined those two into one mesh (group00), and added another mesh (group01), exported it and imported it back again, it deleted the group01 and bone.

EDIT:

And I edited the candle mesh, so that the original base (group00) be separated from original mesh (group01), and adding another mesh to group01, and it worked. I'll try this with the table. I basically just need to rename the groups. Problem is that I need to rebuild the scenario, or start over. At least I have the mesh.

Allright! I hope that will work! Self I have no idea why it would use multiparts but I can remember Cmomoney saying that the plugin doesn't support multiple groups together. Now I guess the shadow mesh and the table would be able to be imported, but I guess this is a bit like the 'geostates' or well the _m' ones.

EDIT: So If you ever needed the addon plugin for S3PE (which was a very challenging thing for me to find) Here is the link: https://code.google.com/archive/p/s3pi-wrappers/
It includes a MLOD viewer, a few other helpful plugins (Also I would unpack it with 7zip, WinRAR will corrupt it, same for the other link i'll give you)
And a S3AC export/importer for S3PE and milkshape.: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...s/807/index.htm
MakeNeedsStaticOn
#15 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 2:56 PM
I think I got it to work!

So I downloaded the Blender version '2.65a' (NOT 2.65). I extracted the . rar and then repacked the .py file to .zip (since I noticed Blender doens't read .rar files for me). And I installed the plugin. This version, I simple never used so it didn't restore any old data.

So I installed the plugin, as a .zip, and saved it as default like I always do. I imported my exported MLOD file from S3PE to s3m2b and imported it. I did get an error but it seems to be working. Even the plugins like baking multplier worked. The bone seems to work perfect as well, though it looks a bit different than you expect bones to be. The data isn't lost, and can be viewed in 'weight paint' mode. Which are basically the bones data.

Here is some evidence

(Baked with the setting set as 1024x1024, method: approximate)

But I do get this error that I meant before, but doesn't seem to harm much:

So I hope this version of Blender works, as it seems to be the first version of Blender Cmomoney mentions in the download page.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 3:28 PM
So, I should use blender for mesh making texture baking, then use milkshape for bone joining and after all of that use blender once again for exporting? If it works I'm fine with that. I think that tutorial also did bone assignment in milkshape.

EDIT:

I just realised that I can edit the bone in blender too, but the shadow mesh is deleted upon import.
MakeNeedsStaticOn
#17 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 3:41 PM
Quote:
So, I should use blender for mesh making texture baking, then use milkshape for bone joining and after all of that use blender once again for exporting? If it works I'm fine with that. I think that tutorial also did bone assignment in milkshape.

EDIT:

I just realised that I can edit the bone in blender too, but the shadow mesh is deleted upon import.

The weight paint is the only one that will show you if there are bones at all. If it didn't had bones, it would be blue. If it does, it's red, which the table is. So you don't neccessarly need to assign bones in Milkshape, but if it keeps giving the result it does like the table having stretched out issues, Then I would try editing it in Milkshape instead. Just to be save.

About the shadow map, you could add a plane, change the name of course, then use the plugin and it's 'create a shadow map'. Make sure the bones are assign in the shadow map too! (if they aren't)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 4:24 PM
I'll try to make it work. Thanks for all your help. It was much needed and is much apreciated.
MakeNeedsStaticOn
#19 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 5:14 PM
Quote:
I'll try to make it work. Thanks for all your help. It was much needed and is much apreciated.

By the way! I just noticed the plugin also doesn't work if you have something like a glass shader to it. Maybe it doens't read it because of shaders. In Milkshape 3D it does read the meshes that includes shaders. (S3AC) But I hope You'll eventually finish it ^-^ and you're welcome!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 12:13 PM
I tried it out. Bone really does not exist (both in the scene view, and as a weight paint data), and I can't assign the mesh to it (It says "No active bone"). I'll try to alternate between blender and milkshape in order to make it work. Also, I'm going back to version 2.7 as that one is the least borked up, for me. I'm glad that 2.65a works for you, though.
MakeNeedsStaticOn
#21 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 4:18 PM
I actually talked to some people who said that the plugin did work for them, the way it worked for me with only version 2.65a. So I suppose there is something really weird going on with the entire plugin. But i'm wondering which table you cloned? Because regular tables seems to work allright.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 4:39 PM
I cloned three tables already. And all three are going berserk. That's why I guessed it was a thing with the mesh. Blender also gives me the error when I try to delete the doubles on the table. I'll just start again, as it's probably the best thing to do.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 11:25 PM
There is no way to make this work. Nothing works anymore, and everything gets borked, except UV maps and texture baking. I'm done with trying to mesh anything for the sims 3. I might go to the TS2, as I've learned how to do those ones, and it works perfectly. It's less complicated process and is not borked up.
MakeNeedsStaticOn
#24 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 12:26 AM
For Milkshape the plugins are pretty great, it's just really frustrating that things don't work. This is usually how it's done without the Blender Cmomoney plugin and like I usually do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-llEzJO93Hs

Now this person uses 3DS max, but the same progress can be used with Blender. There isn't much I can help you sadly >-< So I hope you make some amazing stuff for the sims 2 if this really doesn't work out ^-^
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 1:10 AM
Yeah, I just tried the milkshape thing ( whithout TSRW, because I did not saw your post), but the textures on shadow mesh and original mesh get mixed up. I don't know why. I even tried replacing the group names. But it always ends up like this:

Page 1 of 2