Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 9:20 PM Last edited by IOwnThatGuy122 : 19th Jan 2015 at 10:52 PM.
Can't explain in this small bar, please read. Help needed ASAP.
Hello all...

Right so my EIG function does not work, I click EIG and origin just pops up but the game does not load. I have read that this is due to my having the go social version of the game. I can live with EIG not working, however if you know of a simple way or good tutorial to make the go social game work with EIG that would be great as this would be much easier. But I hold no hopes for that LOL

So... What I need to know is this, If I were to create a world where all the lots are still empty but the world is otherwise finished, then i were to export it into game then edit it that way to build on the lots and add townies, basically making it a ready to play map, could I then upload the map as it was before building on it along with a game save that contains all lot buildings and townies? So if you were to DL the map from MTS and install it, then DL my game save and place it in ... this pc/documents/electronic arts/thesims3/saves would that work as an alternative to having the EIG function?

Thank you

EDIT: Been asked to add details on what the go social game is, As far as i can work out, it is a game bought after 2012 as it has a "go social" feature. I don't use the feature, so cant tell you what it does LOL. I have been able to work out if i buy an older copy of the base game on disk then EIG will work, but all my games are origin DL so I don't want to put a disk game on my same laptop hence why I have tried to find a way around not having the EIG and being able to make maps to share with you all.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 8:53 AM
So you have a downloaded version of a new game? How did you find out you couldn't have EIG work, asking just out of curiosity I know there is something about those games released after 2012, I've heard it before.

I know there is quite a few people using the savegame approach. A few of my smaller worlds doesn't have any buildings, because I didn't open EIG to make them. All the houses are up to the downloader themselves to make.

You have to read this site's Creator Guidelines if you want to know if the savegame is allowed posting on this site. Posting worlds here requires a bit of organizing to do, the required information and so on. I know quite a few good creators gave it up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
So you have a downloaded version of a new game? How did you find out you couldn't have EIG work, asking just out of curiosity I know there is something about those games released after 2012, I've heard it before.

I know there is quite a few people using the savegame approach. A few of my smaller worlds doesn't have any buildings, because I didn't open EIG to make them. All the houses are up to the downloader themselves to make.

You have to read this site's Creator Guidelines if you want to know if the savegame is allowed posting on this site. Posting worlds here requires a bit of organizing to do, the required information and so on. I know quite a few good creators gave it up.

I read the guidelines last night and didn't see anything saying saves weren't allowed, thanks for letting me know this works as I would have cried if I couldn't made my world LOL.

I found out EIG doesn't work with my game after many, many, many painful hours trying to talk to origin/EA customer support (worst support everrrrrrr) Also one hell of a lot of googling the subject all points to my game being unable to run EIG. xxxx thanks for the help

My world is very basic, yet based on something I think people will love (Don't want to give away the surprise) So far I haven't given up, I think the basic structure and simplistic nature of my world will let me have the will to finish it haha. It only has 40-45 lots so Not that much work (for now) :D