Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 11:49 PM
Default TS2 Vamps vs. TS3 Vamps: Thoughts
If you are like me, the main reason you bought Nightlife and/or Late Night was for the vampires. (Indeed, the main reason I began playing TS2 was because I wanted to play a game with vampires in it.) If not, then certainly vampires were a nice bonus. If you have both, how do think the two types of vampires compare? Which do you prefer? Do you like them both equally? You can make a list of pros and cons if you like.

I'll put up my own opinions later, but I am curious as to what other Vamp fans thought.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 12:21 AM Last edited by NightmareCandle : 17th Sep 2012 at 1:48 PM.
I prefer TS3's vampires.
They actually have point.
And the skin doesn't OMGSUCK.

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 2:09 AM
Love Love Love TS3 Vamps! I only wish they'd run faster and feed for longer, however, as I recall TS2 vamps couldn't feed without turning the "victim" or without a mod - and they could eat food.. no blood - nada. They also all ran the same speed, oh and the suckish skin colour :/

Yeah, TS3 all the way - I mean how cool are the fangs.. (That sentence doesn't even need a question mark)

If this is the step up from TS2 to TS3 for vamps then I can't wait to see what they do with werewolves and witches!
OMFG!!

Go suck an elf...
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 2:18 AM
Eh. I can mod all the TS3 vampires back into TS2, but you can't get the BLEH back.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theorist
#5 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 10:09 AM
I love Sim3 Vampires, they are better and don't have to sleep all day...
Now I want to have vampires in Sunset Valley :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 5:28 PM Last edited by geallach : 7th Nov 2010 at 9:41 PM.
Okay, now that I have played a little more, I will say what I think. Overall, TS3 vampires are better, but not by a huge amount. I admit to being very excited when I saw the first pictures of TS3 vampires; one of the biggest hang-ups of TS2 vampires was that awful skin colour, but the default replacement set of Enalya's skintone makes that all better. I love the fact that these vampires hunt and can drink blood without turning the victim. That was a major plus! And the increased abilities at night. Some people do not like the idea of vampire babies, but I absolutely love it.

At the same time, apart from the appearance, there is little particularly...um...'vampish' about them. While TS2 vampires seem a bit exaggerated, there is something really wonderful about it. I loved their ability to 'Fly Here', and I will really miss it from TS3. I also loved the coffin, with its thunderclaps and mist. I find the new thing that they sleep on a bit dull, to be frank. And how could one ever forget 'Bleh!'? I may be a bit of an old-fashioned vampire fan, but it would have been nice to see one or two Grand Vampires. I'll miss them a lot. Also, did anyone else find that finding and becoming a vampire was a lot easier than in TS2? I prefer a bit of a challenge. But these are fairly minor, nostalgic things. What I was most disappointed about was the daylight thing. I know it makes vampire life a lot easier, but I really believe that daylight should be more of a problem. All I kept thinking was "twilighttwilighttwightomg". Well, it could have been worse. And the super-fast running was quite disappointing.

I think if they had included the odd bit from TS2, I would have felt they were almost perfect. Seeing as how the vampires turned out so well, hopefully we will get werewolves in a later EP, who will be as awesome as the vampires. Fingers crossed for Werewolf cubs!

One quick question; do TS3 vampires have reflections? I play with the reflections switched off in case my PC borks, and I realise I have never tried to put one in front of a mirror to test their reaction.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by geallach
Also, did anyone else find that finding and becoming a vampire was a lot easier than in TS2? I prefer a bit of a challenge.

I agree with that, way too easy... all the vamps always seem so eager to turn anyone. Someone will bring out a "no turning mod" maybe.. I can't just expect things and should take some initiative, but.. yanno what I mean.

I'd also like to see the vamps doing their thing when they're not in the active family. All I see them do is eat food, pee themselves and run.

Seeing as how the vampires turned out so well, hopefully we will get werewolves in a later EP, who will be as awesome as the vampires. Fingers crossed for Werewolf cubs!

I really badly hope so!!!

One quick question; do TS3 vampires have reflections? I play with the reflections switched off in case my PC borks, and I realise I have never tried to put one in front of a mirror to test their reaction.

They do.

Go suck an elf...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 5:19 PM
Thanks for the info, brillo pad. I forgot to mention the animation when a TS3 vampire is turning someone. Personally, I think it is really cool, but I know some people do not like it. Also, while the glowing eyes are very nice, I was a little disappointed that they do not turn red. It would be a nice touch if they turned red when a vampire was feeding or hunting.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 5:38 PM
Thanks for the info, brillo pad. I forgot to mention the animation when a TS3 vampire is turning someone. Personally, I think it is really cool, but I know some people do not like it. Also, while the glowing eyes are very nice, I was a little disappointed that they do not turn red. It would be a nice touch if they turned red when a vampire was feeding or hunting.

I like the glowing eyes, I just wish that they were more of a reflective glow, so they only glowed when light was present in the room. That would have probably upped the spec req to play this game thoough.

I don't like the skin overlay much, but I love it on the darker skinned vampires, like William Fangman.. It's all velvety and loverly. But on the middle skinned vamps, they just look a tad "off" like they need to be removed from the fridge. I love what it does to the uber pale vamps too.

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 7:39 PM
hi im new here and i would say i prefer TS3 Vampire, and i would love to see Werewolf and witch. Love the fact that vampire are fast, dont turn people in vampyre after each bite and have super power. Go Go SuperVampire, Figth Superman.
Banned
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 10:31 PM Last edited by nightwitch : 11th Feb 2011 at 11:22 PM.
why do they have a funny little tatto on there necks and why do the bite them on the wrist I mean come on how insersting is that? and why oh why does it take solong for them to decome vampires it is bull boring and angervatieing I perfer sims 2 vampires for many many reasons.
Banned
#12 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=]Okay, now that I have played a little more, I will say what I think. Overall, TS3 vampires are better, but not by a huge amount. I admit to being very excited when I saw the first pictures of TS3 vampires; one of the biggest hang-ups of TS2 vampires was that awful skin colour, but the default replacement set of Enalya's skintone makes that all better. I love the fact that these vampires hunt and can drink blood without turning the victim. That was a major plus! And the increased abilities at night. Some people do not like the idea of vampire babies, but I absolutely love it.

WHAT THE DRINKING IS OK BUT SIMS 3 VAMPIRES ARE STUPID LIKE SIMS THREE!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nightwitch
why do they have a funny little tatto on there necks and why do the bite them on the wrist I mean come on how insersting is that? and why oh why does it take solong for them to decome vampires it is bull boring and angervatieing I perfer sims 2 vampires for many many reasons.

The tattoo can be removed, and they do bite from the neck when you bite someone that the vamp have a romantic intrest in. can't anwser why it takes so long to become a vamp, maybe cause for some it makes sence that you don't get biten and BAM flash of light and your a vampire.

腐女子 です~
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 7:14 AM
I actually bought LN mainly to get the vampires into the game too. In my opinion they look better in TS3 but the unique advantages and disadvantages are not as good as in TS2. I liked the fact that the vampires actually died if they were in the sunlight for a too long time. I also liked that they automatically had an eternal life. The bat form was rather cool even though it was useless.

So I guess I prefer the TS2 vampires, mainly due to the boring moodlets that your vampires get in TS3 if they are out in the sun for a too long time.
Inventor
#15 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 11:41 AM
I like the new aesthetics of the TS3 vampies, but I miss some of the old animations of the TS2 vamps. Also, I miss coffins. I have a mod now, but those floaty-whatchamacallits they sleep on now just are not doin' it for me. Although, as brillo pad stated, I do like that the vampires in TS3 actually feed w/o having to install a mod. Now that I am verbalizing this (and by verbalizing I mean writing, of course), it is a bit of a toss-up for me.

"Goonies never say die."
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 1:00 PM
I miss some of the stuff that vampires had in sims 2 like the coffin, the animations and bat form. Supernatural tries to be me a little bit more traditional with some of the vampire rules such as sunlight troudle.

Personally I prefer sims 2 as I just like them being more closer to the vampire rules but I like the supernatural verison of vampires.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 12:52 PM
I like the TS3 Vamps!
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 10:26 PM
After I have tried and failed to film a full TS3 vampire story meant that I have spent allot of time with vampires. I managed to get one of them the immortal perk but the sparkling...makes me wonder if the sims 3 team where all run by twilight fans for I postively loathe twilight and make the odd joke adout it.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
After I have tried and failed to film a full TS3 vampire story meant that I have spent allot of time with vampires. I managed to get one of them the immortal perk but the sparkling...makes me wonder if the sims 3 team where all run by twilight fans for I postively loathe twilight and make the odd joke adout it.

They sparkle now? I think I've been under a rock all this time!
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 1:08 PM
Default Vampires
If you are like me, the main reason you bought Nightlife and/or Late Night was for the vampires. (Indeed, the main reason I began playing TS2 was because I wanted to play a game with vampires in it.) If not, then certainly vampires were a nice bonus. If you have both, how do think the two types of vampires compare? Which do you prefer? Do you like them both equally? You can make a list of pros and cons if you like.

I'll put up my own opinions later, but I am curious as to what other Vamp fans thought.

I really like the Sims3 Vampires more than the earlier version which is Sims2... I thinks it's better though..
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 9:39 AM
I prefer the Sims 2 vampires, because they were more like what people thought vampires should be before the rise of BVF (Bad Vampire Fiction). Sims 3 vamps bear almost NO resemblance to the vampire mythology that I've loved since I was a kid. The Sims 2 vamps were closer, if more Bram Stokerish than the actual myths. That being said, I don't mind the Sims 3 vamps, but they aren't that fun to play without mods to make them better, because they play like superheroes with a skin condition against sunlight, and have so many benefits that they are horribly OP compared to all other life states.

Really, I'd prefer to have BOTH kinds of vamps if I could in the same game. I absolutely LOVE variety in my games, and don't begrudge the Sims 3 vamp lovers, provided I can have my sunlight hating, bat morphing, coffin sleeping vampire too (which sadly, I can't, as I can't find any mods that do it). I'd hope in the Sims 4 that when they re-release vampires, they give players the ability to find and become different types of vamp, like so many popular vampire books and the actual mythology itself