Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 7:43 PM
Default Software programs
I'm new to the prospect of creating Sims for TS3. I was reading through the tutorial for creating TS3 Sims and I notice that some of the software suggested, (i.e. Microsoft Visual Studios 2008), is not compatible with my system, win 7 64bit. I wanted to know, as I could not find, an updated list of all the software required to create Sims 3 Sims on a windows 7 64bit system.
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 9:24 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 17th Mar 2012 at 3:17 PM. Reason: merged posts
You can run 32 bit apps on 64 bit OS. Just install them to the Program Files (x86) folder. I use SimPE, S3OC, S3pe, TSRworkshop, etc. They all function on Windows 7 64 bit. Visual C++ 2008 works also. Just install them to the (x86) folder

----
I got this from the Microsoft forums - http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...e-c7a6340d33b6/

Q: "I use x64 version of Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2008. My application use some COM servers (usual native x86 COM Servers) that can't be loaded in x64 context. So I decided run it as a x86 application using WOW so I set project platform target as x86. But Visual Studio debugger have started to show messages like "The source file is different...." for all source files when I try debug it. What is reason for this behaviour?

If you create new Windows Application project and change target platform to x86 you will see this trouble. But if you delete Settings1.settings from project the trouble will be eliminated!! . Any Idea?"

A: "Windows 7 sets Windows Xp sp 3 compatibility mode for VS 2008 by default. Changing compatibility to Windows Vista SP2 mode have solved trouble."

So, Install all your updates and it should work in (x86) folder.
Screenshots
In the Arena
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wooddragon13
I was reading through the tutorial for creating TS3 Sims and I notice that some of the software suggested, (i.e. Microsoft Visual Studios 2008), is not compatible with my system, win 7 64bit.
I don't recall reading anything like that? I don't think Microsoft would release stuff that would make other MS stuff not work on their newest OS available for retail.

One tip I found useful when reading tutorials is to be aware of the date of when it was written and first published. Some or most of the information may be inapplicable now if some considerable time has passed.