Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 12:39 AM
I don't believe this. I cautiously loaded the Pets 2 collection on my laptop today. Then I opened up my neighborhood and the Davis family. Everything was going along just fine until Moma Davis had her baby, or should I say BABIES? Another set of TWINS, these are 2 girls. So far I've got 4 girls and 2 boys in just 4 families.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#102 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 9:59 PM
@ Sandy ! You poor poor thing !

lol VT I havent loaded any up there yet. I keep forgetting but I will see what I can do just for you :D

Follow along with the residents of Tesime on the Test of Time Challenge http://www.simslifeandtimes.blogspot.com/
Tesime Family Tree
Test Subject
#103 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 4:43 PM Last edited by ventus_heart : 4th Jul 2011 at 1:57 PM.
the challenge is really fun and well...challenging, but my sims keep turning plantsim after 1 spray on a tree! (trees are evil) and in 1 family it won't stop raining and their children never cool off! grrrrr...somehow I managed to keep the social worker at bay in that family -_-. Twins forever! mwahahahah! (that's all I get) And a daughter killed her brother in the corner, and they were just playing tag!
Instructor
#104 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 5:59 PM
I'm back ^^ I started playing again this challenge (I saw Hercule on TV and now I really want to play my ancient simmies ^^ ).
Most of my first generation sims are now elders (I think all of them have at least 6 children), while their children are teenagers and have some kids too ^^
I took some photos of some of them.

One of the Afia twins, Anisa (unfortunately, she'll die as a 13 days old teenager).

Her sister, Aliyah.

Their older brother, Dayo.

His wife, Imanu Ime, Adripin and Zerdali's oldest daughter (she's one of my albinous simmies >.> ).

Also, I made some discoveries (I can't believe that I've been playing Sims 2 for 5 years or more and I discover those things now >.>): if a PlantSim (born PlantSim) becomes a human, he'll have different skin color, hair color (his parents had Skin 1 and blond hair, and he has Skin 2 [I think] and black hair >.> ).He'll also keep his elf ears ^^
Oh and ... I have a new dilemma.If the maternal grandmother has Skin 4 and brown hair, the maternal grandfather has Skin 1 and brown hair, the paternal grandmother and grandfather have Skin 1 and blond hair, the father has Skin 1 and blond hair and the mother has white skin (I mean white ... I'm talking about Imanu), how is it possible for the child to have black hair? O.O It breaks all the rules >.> (and I know about recessive genes >.> ).

Oh and ... because more white skinned sims are born in my game, I had a great idea ^^ I will create a new social class in the Ancient times ^^ The Gods ^^
Field Researcher
#105 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 8:23 AM
Lady Scarlet, technically plantbabies only have one Sim parent. The spouse of your spawning plantsim is NOT counted as the second parent, an NPC called the 'ideal plantsim' is. This is because otherwise, with only one parent, all plantbabies would look the same. I think of it as like the pollination technician who is the second parent of the alien babies, only the ideal plantsim doesn't show up on the family tree.

Hope this helps clear things up for you.

- VT

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Instructor
#106 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 3:46 PM
Thanks a lot ^^ I never heard about that Ideal PlantSim before, but now all the things seem more clear to me (at least about one of my problems).
But I still don't understand why some of my sims have that white skin and why that kid had black hair >.>
Field Researcher
#107 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 7:51 PM
The black hair must have come from the ideal plantsim, because plantsims do retain their 'human' genetics and pass them on to their spawned offspring. I should know, I have several plantsim appearance mods in my game - a multiple ideal plantsim mod and default overlay by Almighty Hat and a no leafy hair mod from here at MTS, so I can actually see the original skin and hair colours. I'll post the links here for anyone interested, as ToT seems to create a lot of plantsims and they may as well look pretty.
Default Overlay
Multi-Ideal Mod (scroll down a bit to see it!)
No Leafy Hair

As for the white skin, are you using any geneticised custom skins? That's the only explanation I can think of - I know at least two other players on this challenge are using them.

- VT

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Instructor
#108 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 11:19 AM
Well, when I said about the black hair, I wasn't talking about my plantsims ^^" I understood what you were trying to explaing me about them.I was talking about a normal boy who was born from normal parents.
As about the white skin ... from what I know, I don't have any geneticised custom skins ... Well, now it doesn't bother me at all, because they will be perfect as Gods in the next stage of my game ^^

P.S. Thanks about the links that you posted.I think I will download some new plantsims for my game, to make my population a little more diverse ^^
Field Researcher
#109 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 8:19 AM
OK, then the black hair has me stumped too.

- VT

simblr
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 12:23 PM
Gotta ask this question, do we know who is in what stage of the Timeline that's posting here? I know this challenge is a couple of years old, do we have anyone posting from the later stages? Or are we all newcomers who are still dealing with Neanderthals?
Instructor
#111 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 2:12 PM
Well, I can't response for the other, but I'm playing with my second generation in the Neanderthal period, while my sims from generation one are still alive.
From what I know and I've been reading here, most of us, who are still playing, we are dealing with the first stage or with the second one (lucky users >.> ).
Field Researcher
#112 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 7:49 PM
Not all of us are newcomers - but I think most of us are either in the first stage or just starting the second. I'm sort of 'between hoods' myself since I promoted my old Test of Time mashup to PINCH status (Permanent Inclusion Non-Challenge Hoods, the ones I keep around, rebuild if I lose them to glitches and generally love to pieces. VT likes her acronyms.)

Actually, I think I might just give up on the whole 'challenge hood' thing. You won't be losing me though. Since I have serious problems sticking to things (which comes from my over-planning) and the only two PINCHes I have both started out as challenges without my usual overly detailed ideas and then took on a life of their own, I've decided that instead of going into massive detail with hoods before I even start them and then getting bored before I get past the loading screen, I'm going to start every new hood I create with similar conditions to Star's ToTM and let it develop naturally from there.

So I'll still be around, sharing my progress with whatever new ideas I come up with. I'll just be playing an unofficial mashup of the mashed-up rules... or something... yeah.

- VT

simblr
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 11:38 AM
Okay, so we are all mostly in the same stage. I was hoping that someone could give me some ideas for houses for the next timeframe, but it doesn't seem that folks are there yet.
Instructor
#114 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 5:56 PM Last edited by Lady Scarlet : 9th Jul 2011 at 11:21 AM.
Well, it will take you a lot of time to reach the second stage (believe me >.> I've been playing this challenge for over two months and I'm still at my second generation in first stage >.> ; well, it might me so because my simmies had lots of kids ^^" ).
But don't worry ^^ We will post more as we advance ^.~
Field Researcher
#115 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 8:36 AM
I have a question...I'm getting ready to move up to Roman times, but is the eldest male in the richest skin 1 family emperor? or the eldest male in the main house of that family? Cuz I had ANOTHER catastrophic fire and my main Fu house has only 1 male (a toddler who will probably be a child when the switch is made) but he has two adult unmarried Fu uncles living nearby

What do I do?

P.S. Little Emperor Mosl Fu's oldest surviving sisters are child-age twins so they aren't really fit to rule either...Ugh, fire!
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 12:32 PM Last edited by SandyJS : 10th Jul 2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Add a question.
Quote: Originally posted by DitzyEkko
I have a question...I'm getting ready to move up to Roman times, but is the eldest male in the richest skin 1 family emperor? or the eldest male in the main house of that family? Cuz I had ANOTHER catastrophic fire and my main Fu house has only 1 male (a toddler who will probably be a child when the switch is made) but he has two adult unmarried Fu uncles living nearby

What do I do?

P.S. Little Emperor Mosl Fu's oldest surviving sisters are child-age twins so they aren't really fit to rule either...Ugh, fire!

Interesting quesiton. I took another look at the rules and it really doesn't cover that situation. There have been numerous examples of child rulers throughout history, however.

Now that I'm thinking of toddlers, I've been told that if you buy a pet bed, that a toddler will sleep on it. If I do that, will it count against the number of beds the family can own?
Mad Poster
#117 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 2:08 PM
There are; and if the empire had already been established I'd say: "Make the firstborn male toddler emperor and let the evil regencies begin!" But for the establishment of an empire, you really need that strong initial leader.

It's not my business since I'm not doing the challenge anyway, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#118 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 2:26 PM
I say make the toddler emperor, but until he's old enough to rule (teen or so) one of his uncles can temporarily hold the position. That's how I'd do it anyway. But then I didn't make the challenge, nor am I playing it by all the proper rules.

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Field Researcher
#119 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 11:26 PM Last edited by DitzyEkko : 11th Jul 2011 at 3:00 PM.
Maybe Uncle Esamu or Uncle Traic will steal the throne from Emperor Mosl! I have time to decide...I have quite a few lots to cycle through still
Screenshots
Test Subject
#120 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 5:49 PM
Hi there friends,

' waving' It has been a while since I checked in. There are so many new faces, Hi and welcome.

I am currently playing Neanderthal, Gen 2, day 10 and 11. I am sure glad I split up my clan into 2 groups. 14 couples right now in each clan. The 2 styles in each hood keeps me interested and wanting to play.

I am having loads of fun with my Sea Clan finding all the shells in the sand. It is day 11 in this round. So far each couple have child #2, with Haleste having twin girls. This makes 15 children in gen 3 for the Sha-Ka'ani clan. The tree houses are now expanded to include a large bedroom for the children and the couples are busy landscaping their property with swimming pools and plants. Their decor and furnishings are still simple and sparse. The clan will not have to fish or grow produce anymore since they have a stockpile already. They will concentrate on their social skills to determine who will be the cheiftain of the clan.

The Sand clan are busy digging their way to find a fortune. Their semi- underground huts are working out great to beat the heat. It is day 10 and each couple are waiting or having child # 2. There is a total of 12 children so far in gen 3 in Sha-Ka'ari. The clan are busy expanding their kitchen huts to include a dinning area. Some couples are ready to build a swimming pool and landscape their lots. I am still keeping their furnishings simple and sparse. This clan will have to grow their produce to eat and survive. No fishing ponds will be found in the desert. They will learn how to make pottery to sell in the local bazaar - figurativly speaking. I know - no shops. The children will keep busy building up their bug collection.

This is my progress so far. Keep on Simmin' and see you all later Be sure to check out my weebly page for my progress. Debestfriend4u.weebly.com

Hugs, Debs
Test Subject
#121 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 7:38 PM
On page 2 of this topic I posted that 90% of my toddlers is taken away. It pissed me off more then a little bit and it was bad for the story progression, so I decided to make it a part of the story;

I changed the looks of the social worker so that she would look like a woman from another tribe and made her tribe "steal" the baby's of mine, because of an inborn inability to have babies at the Sowo-tribe (Sowo=social worker). There are two options to get the children back. The first one is to bribe back your baby (the costs per child are $5.000 which are deleted through family funds and can only be paid during the childhood (when turned into a teen, they are too valuable)). The second is for the child to escape himself (or herself); the day the child should turn into a teen, I roll a dice. If I roll 6, the child escapes. Because they should age in the time that they're away, I count the days and add them when they come back. They gained days, but not skills, so they're just as skilled as when they were taken away (which is usually zero).

I know I'm using cheats, which is supposed to be forbidden, but it was no fun anymore after about 30 children were taken away and only 4 reaching adulthood. Two of the families would have died without offspring, which would cause the challenge to fail after only one generation.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 8:37 PM
I don't have any problems with the occasional cheat to keep the game interesting. I gathered up a few hacked items to make mine more interesting.
Mad Poster
#123 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 10:21 PM
If the challenge is no fun, you are ipso facto playing it wrong. The rules are there to facilitate that; they are not a moral imperative. Personally, I think the rival child-stealing clan is a brilliant adaptation to game circumstances.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 7:44 AM
@DitzyEkko - I'm curious as to how you are playing since you have reached Roman Era so quickly. O_< As far as your question about which male to make Emperor - the richest family are the Emperor family, therefore the eldest male in that family is the Emperor. If you have, for example, say Mum, Dad, and a male toddler as the richest family, then the Dad is the Emperor and the toddler is his heir therefore becomes the Emperor when the Dad dies.

I've played as - my original five starting familes are Gen1, their kids are Gen2, and then their grandkids are Gen3 and it's Gen3 that starts the Roman Era. If that make sense - it's the 2ND lot of kids that are the Roman Era, not the first.

Heres a link to my site - http://tempustemporis.weebly.com

A virus ate my execution files and I haven't been game to try opening the sims2 since it did that for fear they will be DEAD, but ya know~ >_> stuff happens. Before that I was in my last round, 2 families away from the Roman Era, and I'm playing with ST's original rules because they appeal to me the most. ^_^ I wonder if Anna has come back from her traitorous other game (said by the total hypocrite still drooling over TS3 LoL)

taliah~
Field Researcher
#125 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 10:01 AM
Virus problems, Taliah? Don't I know how much that sucks. I hope your game is OK. Mine's still kind of nowhere at the moment - I lost most of my CC and have to re-download everything, and boy, is it hard to find anything that suits my tastes. Even harder to find enough of it to build a hood on, since most of what's available is modern or historical. I'm trying to create stuff myself, but not having much luck with it. And the hardest thing of all? Keeping away from the modern stuff when I happen to have a secret love of funny T-shirts. (yes, they're funny, but when will I ever use them?)

OK, complaint over. Time to go trawling through the download pages again.

- VT

simblr
Page 5 of 128