Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#1426 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
LOL he's still a teen!

To be fair, Sims 4 teens are closer to 18/19 than 13/14. And legal age here is 16 sooooooo...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1427 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 8:38 PM
LOL he's still a teen!
Kristopher is still a teen... lol Unless you meant the other ones. Haha

Dude's mighty wide for a teen. Like I said, he's gay guy fantasy dreamboat wide. It's just my two cents, but I'd say it's a bit much.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#1428 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Dude's mighty wide for a teen. Like I said, he's gay guy fantasy dreamboat wide. It's just my two cents, but I'd say it's a bit much.

but I've literally been arguing against the wide jaw, as a gay man... That's what sparked this entire conversation! We gay men prefer twinks. The gals can keep their wide-jaw strongman fantasies!
Scholar
#1429 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:05 PM
Legal age is 16 here too as well. (British Columbia) LOL at this entire conversation. But the wide-jaw isn't just a female fantasy... haven't you seen Luumias sims Jovan and Roger? They're so buff they make mine look kind of skinny. His sims look amazing but they're too big even for me!
Mad Poster
#1430 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
We gay men prefer twinks.

WHY OH WHY do I always immediately Google words I don't know? And why oh why do I reflexively click through to Images every time I Google something? (Seriously though, I do that. Gets annoying.)

But yeah, Luumia's super buff man dudes was kind of what I was referring to. That's the super buff ultra-manly gay man stereotype I meant. The one that lowkey freaks me out.
But how about you guys keep the strongmen so that the girls can crush on me, the as-of-yet unnamed straight equivalent of a twink?

Having said that, I did kind of establish today that bisexual woman are the most attractive (after a very lesbian friend of mine had some choice words about female heterosexuality and "fairness", because apparently being a straight woman is homophobic) and I really don't look for a ton of femininity in a woman. So if a woman has somewhat of a strong jaw, I really can't give a shit.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#1431 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:15 PM
Legal age is 16 here too as well. (British Columbia) LOL at this entire conversation. But the wide-jaw isn't just a female fantasy... haven't you seen Luumias sims Jovan and Roger? They're so buff they make mine look kind of skinny. His sims look amazing but they're too big even for me!

I didn't think the sliders could even go that far!

Luumia's super buff man dudes was kind of what I was referring to. That's the super buff ultra-manly gay man stereotype I meant. The one that lowkey freaks me out.
But how about you guys keep the strongmen so that the girls can crush on me, the as-of-yet unnamed straight equivalent of a twink?

Pls no. I'd vomit before I dated one of those super buff men thanks.

(after a very lesbian friend of mine had some choice words about female heterosexuality and "fairness", because apparently being a straight woman is homophobic)

I absolutely hate that attitude "You won't date me, so that's discrimination" @_@ That's not how sexuality works.
Scholar
#1432 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:29 PM
I didn't think the sliders could even go that far!

Pls no. I'd vomit before I dated one of those super buff men thanks.

I absolutely hate that attitude "You won't date me, so that's discrimination" @_@ That's not how sexuality works.

I think Luumia uses a enhanced male top mod. I have it too, but the smaller version, if you can believe that. I don't like super buff either. I like somewhere in the middle, but even that I don't think you'd like.

Ugh yes, I am so tired of the "Its discrimination if you dont date me" crap too. But maybe I'll not say anything further and not open a can of worms?

WHY OH WHY do I always immediately Google words I don't know?

I did this too
Scholar
#1433 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:44 PM
OKAY I apologize for the double post, I try to avoid that but since this is a "What is happening in your game" thread not "Debate human sexuality" LOL I thought I'd break the awkwardness and let you know whats happening in my game.

First of all, I was away from Thursday to Saturday on Vancouver Island for a little vacation so I didn't play sims, and then when I got back I didnt play sims much because its 33 degrees celcius in my room (90f) so its too hot to sit at a hot computer....and then I binge watched Timeless on Netflix...

Without further ado, this is teenage Colby, Kristopher's brother. Colby is my first real clone. His face (placement of eyes, nose, mouth) is identical to his father. Only difference is he has his mothers JAW (here we go again) but I think it works out for him, its not too receding. I will have him be in the astronaut career.

Now that you see Kristopher's brother Colby, who do you prefer? Colby is hotheaded and active and Kristopher hates Children and is insane. (He aged up independently I didn't chose his traits)
Mad Poster
#1434 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:44 PM

Well thank god she's kidding. I don't think I'd be friends with someone who genuinely believed shit like that, anyway.
It's more of a "why the fuck aren't you attracted to women like a normal person" kind of thing, which I think is a perfectly acceptable way of judging women. I did ask her the same thing before, after all, and had her profoundly apologize for disagreeing with me on that occasion after she found out she was, in fact, attracted to women. Which made for a good "told you so" moment, and there's nothing I enjoy more than "told you so".

But anyway.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#1435 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:52 PM
I've noticed that ever since I got Parenthood my sims are obsessed with washing dishes. Every single one of them, from child on up (well, truth with modification: all the sims in the two families I've played so far). EVEN WHEN THERE ARE NO DISHES.
Child and teen sims seem worse off than the adults, given half the opportunity they set off towards the nearest sink with the washing dishes command, despite there being no dishes on the lot.
This is a bug, yeah? Please tell me someone's working on squashing this. T.T It is a harmless thing, but it is starting to annoy me.

Btw, spidergirl79, about your sim boys? I can't tell them apart from one another either, but that is a problem I have in real life too so that has nothing to do with your sim style (though, I do love a strong jawline on some of my lady sims, so I get that bit), HOWEVER - they all make me think of Superman.
*someone asks me who I'd like to see as Superman in whatever movie*
Me: One of spidergirl79's boys!
Other person: Who?
Me: Any one of them! And one of the others could be Shazam! Or Colossus, for X-Men!
Scholar
#1436 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 10:22 PM
You mean the brothers? You cant tell them apart? Or all of them from the previous post?

About the brothers, even though their eyes might look similar, they are different, because when I turn their mother into a male sim, her eyes match Kristopher's not Colby's. In fact, her mouth matches Kristopher's as well.

Thats weird to me because I mean when I play I don't have trouble telling my sims apart, I can recognize a particular sim from a far distance when he's blurry (strange eh), but then they are my creations and I recognize their differences easier than others I guess.

I know I don't have much variety when it comes to hair color. I'll admit that I'm really not into blond or red-head men. I like men of any race, that doesn't matter, but blond and red just no. (I'm white with natural blond) I also don't like long hair on men as a rule, and I think a lot of EA's short hair (especially the early stuff) is exceptionally bad so the hairs I use are limited as well. I try to create variety by using different eyes, manipulating the eyes to give different shapes, choosing different noses and mouths, but its not perfect and neither are my designs. Its okay if people think they look alike. But I don't agree that they are so indistinguishable that they look like I dunno, twins or something. But whatever, it doesn't upset me in the least anyway.

By the way there is a mod that keeps them from autonomously washing dishes as often. If you're interested I'll look it up.
Theorist
#1437 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 11:19 PM
I do think it's a matter of "You live with them so you can tell them apart"

After living with my degus for years I was able to tell them all part by their face...

Also the fact that you are making them to appeal to you has a LOT to do with it. If you edit their faces at all, they'll end up somewhere between their original selves and your ideal beauty standard, making them all land half-way to looking identical. I make it a point to try to never edit my sims' children in any way that requires fulleditmode.

The hairstyles are also a factor. I generally tell people apart (even irl) by their hair, and their voice. And since everyone in the sims 4 sounds identical. giving them all identical hair just makes them seem like clones to me! xD

That being said, this is your game and you are entitled to do whatever you like. I'm just saying this is a plausible reason why everyone seems to look similar.

On an unrelated note how the HECK do you have an entire Irish family and no red hair?! As someone with Irish blood.... like.... screw you, red hair is nice. ... okay... red hair in the Sims is horrible BUT! there's a mod to allow you to recolour a (very) few of the EA hairstyles by combining them with other colours without downloading hundreds of recolours. works on some maxis-match CC. Results may vary.
Scholar
#1438 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 11:49 PM
I do think it's a matter of "You live with them so you can tell them apart"

After living with my degus for years I was able to tell them all part by their face...

Also the fact that you are making them to appeal to you has a LOT to do with it. If you edit their faces at all, they'll end up somewhere between their original selves and your ideal beauty standard, making them all land half-way to looking identical. I make it a point to try to never edit my sims' children in any way that requires fulleditmode.

The hairstyles are also a factor. I generally tell people apart (even irl) by their hair, and their voice. And since everyone in the sims 4 sounds identical. giving them all identical hair just makes them seem like clones to me! xD

That being said, this is your game and you are entitled to do whatever you like. I'm just saying this is a plausible reason why everyone seems to look similar.

On an unrelated note how the HECK do you have an entire Irish family and no red hair?! As someone with Irish blood.... like.... screw you, red hair is nice. ... okay... red hair in the Sims is horrible BUT! there's a mod to allow you to recolour a (very) few of the EA hairstyles by combining them with other colours without downloading hundreds of recolours. works on some maxis-match CC. Results may vary.

I agree with the "you live with them so you can tell them apart" statement.

I try not to edit the children too much either... just usually the jaw as I've mentioned... LOL! But again, I've only really had to do this twice for my own satisfaction. (Liam and George)

Of course we can do whatever we want with our sims designs and their lives! I know a lot of people like to kill sims for fun and I just can't do it. I just cant! Its part of the reason I can't make a sim ugly on purpose- it makes me feel bad! LOL

THOSE are your pets??! They're so cute!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

I doooo have a redhead male in my Irish family... and I have some redhead females. One born in game and one I created. I don't create female sims that often, I sometimes download them.
Here he is!

He is Irish and was born in game to two black haired parents. (brother to those two you thought were the same guy lol) I would consider his hair auburn which I believe still falls under red. Anyway, not all Irish people have red hair and Colin is the Irish founder of the family and he happens to have black hair. All Irish sims in my game are direct descendants of him. I have Irish blood as well, but with the exception of Domhnall Gleeson I'm just not really attracted to Reds (men, that is, redhead women look beautiful). "Screw you"? C'mon now...
Lab Assistant
#1439 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 1:37 AM
One of my Sims managed to break the climbing wall, and by "break" I mean it threw SEVEN lastExceptions and became uninteractable. Ick.
Theorist
#1440 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by harvell
One of my Sims managed to break the climbing wall, and by "break" I mean it threw SEVEN lastExceptions and became uninteractable. Ick.

It's the game protesting such terrible content being added to it.
Field Researcher
#1441 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 5:18 AM
You mean the brothers? You cant tell them apart? Or all of them from the previous post?

About the brothers, even though their eyes might look similar, they are different, because when I turn their mother into a male sim, her eyes match Kristopher's not Colby's. In fact, her mouth matches Kristopher's as well.

Thats weird to me because I mean when I play I don't have trouble telling my sims apart, I can recognize a particular sim from a far distance when he's blurry (strange eh), but then they are my creations and I recognize their differences easier than others I guess.

I know I don't have much variety when it comes to hair color. I'll admit that I'm really not into blond or red-head men. I like men of any race, that doesn't matter, but blond and red just no. (I'm white with natural blond) I also don't like long hair on men as a rule, and I think a lot of EA's short hair (especially the early stuff) is exceptionally bad so the hairs I use are limited as well. I try to create variety by using different eyes, manipulating the eyes to give different shapes, choosing different noses and mouths, but its not perfect and neither are my designs. Its okay if people think they look alike. But I don't agree that they are so indistinguishable that they look like I dunno, twins or something. But whatever, it doesn't upset me in the least anyway.

By the way there is a mod that keeps them from autonomously washing dishes as often. If you're interested I'll look it up.

Oooh, there is? And would you? Here! *pushes cookies at the screen* I'd be ever so grateful.
And as I said, I have a slight problem with telling men apart in real life too (I have to get to know them well, or they have something that stands out A LOT) so that's not criticism towards your sims in any way. Not to mention that I have a few "looks" for my ladies that tend to repeat in some form or variation, so I definitely have a style for my sims as well that someone else might not be able to tell apart. (the variety comes from those I've made based on TV-characters, probably )
Ironically though, for all my efforts in making pretty little sims - the prettiest ones are those born in the game. Hm. I fail, I think.
Scholar
#1442 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 3:54 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 6th Sep 2017 at 4:06 PM.
Honestly, there are men in real life who look a lot a like and there are memes making fun of them. So I'm not bothered if people feel that way lol. I will find that mod for you asap.

The meme was kind of created in response to white peoples generalization that "all Asians look the same" This meme is missing my personal favorite, Henry Cavill

Edit: here it is http://littlemssam.de/no-autonomous...invisible-dish/ Hasn't been a problem for me. My kids/teens no longer autonomously set the table, I have to direct them to. This isn't a bad thing though considering visiting neighborhood teens would do it too.

Disagree fairy is hitting EVERYONE
Theorist
#1443 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 5:35 PM
Edit: here it is http://littlemssam.de/no-autonomous...invisible-dish/ Hasn't been a problem for me. My kids/teens no longer autonomously set the table, I have to direct them to. This isn't a bad thing though considering visiting neighborhood teens would do it too.

I don't suppose there's such thing as s mod that prevents sims from trying to wash dishes. Full Stop? Disapointed this mod is only for phantom dishes.
idk how many times the first sim to finish eating from a family meal gets up, uses the dishwasher, second one gets up and runs to the sink, third one heads off to the bathroom, and the rest get pathing issues and throw tantrums. meal time is a mess. x.x I want everyone to leave their fucking dishes alone so the last sim up can gather and throw them all in the effing dishwasher. x.x

end my suffering
Scholar
#1444 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 8:24 PM
lol! I googled that for you but nothing came up, sorry ShigemiNotoge
Mad Poster
#1445 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 8:55 PM

If it bothers you that much, make the haters disappear:
https://www.ghacks.net/2017/02/21/u...ge-permanently/

insert signature here
Theorist
#1446 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 9:43 PM

I try not to trust anything with Origin in the title
Mad Poster
#1447 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 10:04 PM
I wish I could click the disagree button on your post, but it's not there.
Dammit.

insert signature here
Scholar
#1448 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 11:36 PM

I use that function of uBlock Origin a lot, but I've never been able to figure out how to block these ridiculous buttons for every post here.
Mad Poster
#1449 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 11:59 PM
All it takes is a right click, a "block element", and a "create".

insert signature here
Scholar
#1450 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 12:17 AM

No it doesn't, but I noticed everyone's posts getting disagrees lately, and like its over the most asinine things... not even disagreeing with opinions.
Page 58 of 104