Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 1:30 AM
Default Vikings - History Channel 3/03/2013
They've been showing these ads for a show or mini series called Vikings on the History channel here in Canada for the last month or so!..

Anyone going to watch it?

the youtube ads are to vague and too much of a tease, but feel free to post them if you've seen the ads!..
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 10:00 AM
Can you please provide a link, It sounds interesting. Anyway, I will look for the Youtube adsand see what I come up with.
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 10:52 AM
I love this show. So far there's only 3 episodes, but they've all be great. Everyone has adorable accents, Ragnar and his wife are the cutest thing and she is so damn badass.

Also the

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TBot411
Can you please provide a link, It sounds interesting. Anyway, I will look for the Youtube adsand see what I come up with.

the shows been on for 2 weeks and plays in the afternoon and evenings

Forum Resident
#5 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 4:37 PM
It is actually not bad.. Wonder of wonders. Not badly acted and it even stays, for the most part true to history. The attack on the monestary was as accounts stated. Though the political intrigue, such as it is, is taken with some poetic license.

Though the justice system is accurate and the scene where the boy is killed to protect the Jarls stash of treasure is actually a documented case of at least one site that I have read about.

Several other small, but equally important parts of Norse culture are in included in the show. Giving the entire series a sense of authenticity. Over all I would say it is a good series and hope that it continues to stay true to the spirit of the Norsemen and what it meant to go a Viking in the 8th or 9th century.