Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 7:21 PM
Default Sims 3 Create A Style Colours Off?
I know the titles sounds odd, but it's the problem that's even odder.

I was playing my sims game, building their home and adding furniture inside. I went to use the create-a-style tool to customise the colours and make everything match, and I noticed something was off with the coloring. For example, I wanted to make the appliances white, but when I put in the hex code for pure white or drag the slider on the colour wheel all the way, it only turns into a cream colour, which is really bothering me. I've never had this problem before, like when I put something to pure white, it shows. Also, I noticed that a lot of the appliances that are "stainless steel" used to be INCREDIBLY reflective, and now they're an odd shade of pink. The colours just look weird. The issue with the white is on all objects I recolour, not just the appliances.

Just to mention, I have The Sims 3 and all expansions, and I've never had this issue before when playing with all of them.

Maybe someone has had the same issue or heard of it and can offer some help? ):

things to put on my resume
  • i have as many oscars as leonardo dicarprio
--

i still don't know what rolling in the deep even means
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 4:35 AM
Does this happen only in the sims? For example if you try to get #FFFFFF in Photoshop does the color look off as well? What kind of screen are you using?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
Does this happen only in the sims? For example if you try to get #FFFFFF in Photoshop does the color look off as well? What kind of screen are you using?

This only happens in the sims. I put the hex code in photoshop and it works perfect. And what do you mean by what kind of screen am I using? I'm sorry, I'm on a laptop but I don't know what type of screen it is.

EDIT: DISPLAY SIZE
15.6" widescreen
DISPLAY TYPE*
HD TruBrite® LED Backlit display
DISPLAY RESOLUTION
1366x768 (HD), 16:9 aspect ratio, Supports 720p content

That's the screen directly from the manufacters' site under the product desp. for my laptop. (:

things to put on my resume
  • i have as many oscars as leonardo dicarprio
--

i still don't know what rolling in the deep even means
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 12:26 PM
Reflective objects looking pink is something that I've seen as a result of an incorrect specular on the object. Try some EA objects - and try removing your CC, in case you've got a broken default replacement.

Try toggling in and out of windowed mode, too - it shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference, but then that's what we all said when people started reporting that everything was horribly dark in fullscreen mode and fine in windowed .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.