Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 3:53 PM
Default Pictures in forumposts?
First, I hope this is the appropriate place for this helprequest.
So, I feel silly, 'cause I'm by no means new to the computer/internet/forum thing in general, but I can not for the life of me figure out, how you create inline and attached pictures in this forum, particularly in uploadposts. Well, I've managed inline for upload, but then I couldn't get the attached too. It's probabably something simple that my battered chemo-brain is missing, but I just can't get my head around it. Could you please explain to me, how this is done? T'would be greatly appreciated
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 4:32 PM
Click reply on my post here to see how the following image is done inline:

Just use the img tags before and after the URL. If you need hosting, you can use modyourpanties.com which is the MTS image host (and it'll give you a line you can copy paste with the img tags already in place), or imgur.com which is just some random one that works okay.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 4:43 PM
Great, thanks, that's good to know. Do you know if it can be done from dropbox?
So then, attached pics are uploaded using the attach tool? (it occurs to me, that if it's to keep size down, they should allow 4 attached and 12 inline, not the other way round?) I've got quite a learning curve going on here. Well, I suppose it's good training, eh.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 6:19 PM
Sure you can use dropbox, just make sure it's in your Public folder.

It's 12 attached and 4 inline to make loading faster for people browsing - hosting the files is not as big a concern as making sure folks on metered internet/dialup/mobile/etc. can still browse the site at reasonable speed.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 7:18 PM
Right, that makes more sense. Must've turned around in my head. Cheers for the help