Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 7798 (Who?), Viewed: 799412 times.
Page 312 of 312
Lab Assistant
#7776 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 5:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orose
6. Taste (ewww)

That's the part that drives me nuts. One of the biggest no-nos of cooking for a group is to taste your dish with the same spoon that you are using to stir. Sure it would have been a hassle for the animators to show the sim putting down their stirring spoon and using a clean spoon to taste with but could we not show the cook potentially contaminating every plate of food coming out of their kitchen?
Field Researcher
#7777 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:05 PM
Lately it's the "trashed/dirty surroundings" moodlet. My current file has swelled to include 2 adults, 6 teens, 1 child, and 4 dogs. None of the dogs have the destructive trait and some even have the "good behavior" reward and yet still destroy stuff and pee in the house. Despite all this, I as the player often can't see what they are reacting to because their house constantly looks immaculate to me. Like teach me your secrets! I have only 2 kids and my home is literally trashed all the time with actual trash and I would be so happy if it looked the way my sims does!
Field Researcher
#7778 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitala
That's the part that drives me nuts. One of the biggest no-nos of cooking for a group is to taste your dish with the same spoon that you are using to stir. Sure it would have been a hassle for the animators to show the sim putting down their stirring spoon and using a clean spoon to taste with but could we not show the cook potentially contaminating every plate of food coming out of their kitchen?

Not to mention the fact that there's raw eggs in there so you've got a salmonella risk, plus using the same cutting board for everything, I just... askdjfajslkdf. I get that it's only a game, however speaking as someone with a relative who literally came close to dying from a severe case of food poisioning... if anybody at EA/Maxis offers you food, politely decline.

(I also took a food safety class at my college as a filler a few semesters ago and my life has never been the same, lol.)

Also, today in WTF are you doing, that awkward moment when you can't go feed the cat... because the cat is blocking you and you route-fail.
Test Subject
#7779 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 11:23 AM
Hahaha, cool thread

One time, my sim was visiting the neighbors house. I told him to cook some hotdogs on a grill. The grill bursted into flames. One second later my sim was on fire too. The neighbor ran over and started extinguishing the grill. After doing that he went inside the house, sat on a sofa and turned on the TV. My sim died.
Test Subject
#7780 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 7:51 PM
I threw a Leisure Day party in my game, and old Judy Bunch kicked the bucket at it. Not only did she die thinking the "great party" speech bubble as Grim took her soul, but this popped up afterward.

Go home to where, the netherworld?
Field Researcher
#7781 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 5:09 AM
WTF is this gnome doing?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#7782 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafishfish
WTF is this gnome doing?

Grinding with the lamp of course

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Hanging with the Gnomies
#7783 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafishfish
WTF is this gnome doing?

You can't really tell from the picture, but I was getting ready to Dab.
Lab Assistant
#7784 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 12:17 PM
He does look like he's hearing music inside his head :D

omnis mundi creatura
Field Researcher
#7785 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 2:34 PM
I swear they're plotting something!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#7786 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 6:04 AM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Jan 2018 at 9:49 PM.
Unfortunately I didn't get a screenshot of this and it was one of those one off moments that will probably never happen again. It made me laugh anyway.

I was taking screenshots for an upcoming story post and the scene involved five sims trying to use the sliding bookcase door. I don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but half the time when I tell a sim to open it, they will do so and then immediately throw a routing tantrum whilst the thing shuts again in their faces. And it also appears that only one sim can go through it at a time. But as I was trying to get all five of through it, another sim, who was not supposed to be in the scene, came strolling through, opened the door from the other side, and passed through it without any problems. But what made me laugh was the way the other five all stared at her with varied expressions of disbelief, bewilderment or annoyance. In story terms none of them is supposed to have met her yet, so I could just imagine them thinking "Who the f**k was that?"

Simblr: Elyndaworld * Live Journal: Elandaer * Simblr: The Newcomb Saga
"Well, the way things are can go and eat a dick then!" - Lolita Scumthorpe
Site Helper
#7787 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 4:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
Unfortunately I didn't get a screenshot of this and it was one of those one off moments that will probably never happen again. It made me laugh anyway.

I was taking screenshots for an upcoming story post and the scene involved five sims trying to use the sliding bookcase door. I don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but half the time when tell a sim to open it, they will do so and then immediately throw a routing tantrum whilst the thing shuts again in their faces. And it also appears that only one sim can go through it at a time. But as I was trying to get all five of through it, another sim, who was not supposed to be in the scene, came strolling through, opened the door from the other side, and passed through it without any problems. But what made me laugh was the way the other five all stared at her with varied expressions of disbelief, bewilderment or annoyance. In story terms none of them is supposed to have met her yet, so I could just imagine them thinking "Who the f**k was that?"
Along with "Oh! Is THAT how it works?"

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#7788 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 9:42 PM
Sim goes dumpster diving right after spending $2,000+ at the spa on beauty treatments.
She is now filthy and only has one hunk of cheap Iron to show for it

My Simblr | CC reuploads: pocci | Hal's Archive
Please contribute if you have any content that is missing from these folders~
If you have concerns about my stuff, please PM me! I see PMs much faster than thread comments :)
Lab Assistant
#7789 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:47 PM
Your sim sounds like a personification of a dog.

Expect getting anything of value, your dog brings you a used tuna tin.
Theorist
#7790 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMixPls
Your sim sounds like a personification of a dog.

Expect getting anything of value, your dog brings you a used tuna tin.

Oh god you're right, all those times when my cats brought back an empty chip bag or feather after a day's hunt 😆

My Simblr | CC reuploads: pocci | Hal's Archive
Please contribute if you have any content that is missing from these folders~
If you have concerns about my stuff, please PM me! I see PMs much faster than thread comments :)
Lab Assistant
#7791 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:37 PM
I'm not sure whether or not sims invited for parties just search for people in the house or whatever?? but this was a friendly reminder to start using locks (:

Scholar
#7792 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopuss
I'm not sure whether or not sims invited for parties just search for people in the house or whatever?? but this was a friendly reminder to start using locks (:

"Hello, blackmail-material~"
Field Researcher
#7793 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:32 PM
My sim got invited to Mahmoud Yavari's party so she goes and there are 4 sims there playing the freaking guitar! Every stereo in the place is on and they're each standing in a different room doing 0 level discordant strumming. I ended up clicking "take a break" on each and shift+click deleting the room guitars. Whyyy do inactives do this?!?! A party is not the right place to learn guitar.
Lab Assistant
#7794 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 7:55 PM
This is more of a case of WTF was I thinking.

Rui and Jade just had their first kid, nothing unusual in that, except that I use the kinky world mod, and Rui was a sim that I "transformed into a droid" with that mod.

Yes you guessed it, they now have a baby girl that's also a droid
Scholar
#7795 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejaymac
This is more of a case of WTF was I thinking.

Rui and Jade just had their first kid, nothing unusual in that, except that I use the kinky world mod, and Rui was a sim that I "transformed into a droid" with that mod.

Yes you guessed it, they now have a baby girl that's also a droid

This isn't the droid you were looking for?
Top Secret Researcher
#7796 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:03 PM
I'm sure some of these are repeats but I can't read 300 pages...so...
#1--Going to sleep during a party. My sims are always tired out no matter what I do. They plan a big party and all their guests come over and suddenly when it's time for Junior to blow out the candles, Mom and Dad are exhausted and go to bed!

#2--Sim cooks nice meal. Calls family to meal...Sims will sit in different rooms. Eat together...it's family time!!

#3--You hire staff to come over (maid, babysitter) and they sit around yakking instead of taking care of business. Get to work, lazy. You're getting $125 simoleons a day and you come by for 5 minutes and leave!

I'm sure there are plenty more. I'm going to have to read some of these other ones...
Field Researcher
#7797 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 8:03 PM
I discovered our maid is a kleptomaniac. Suddenly glad someone in our 7 sim household is always home.
Field Researcher
#7798 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 10:10 PM
@tunafishfish I think klepto is one of the traits that gets pushed for butlers/maids/babysitters by default. Unless I wanna use it for gameplay I honestly usually cheat it away. There's also a 'steal something' option for firemen and I'm fairly certain it doesn't require the klepto trait.

And for today's WTF moment:

My sim was cooking dinner and caught the house on fire. Of course I made her put it out immediately but by that time the fire department had been called by the fire alarm. The firefighter only showed up AFTER she put out the fire, but of course just in time to fine her $500 for calling the fire dept. for something that wasn't an emergency. Gah.
Field Researcher
#7799 Old Today at 5:11 AM
My game was crashing again so I had to take out all my CC Buy objects while I figure out wtf is going on. In addition to the game not replacing the kitchen counters or the single beds, I forgot that I was using some chests from ATS3 to store gems, seeds, inventions, and potions. The game did not replace them with the world adventure chests and now its all gone! All the gems the dogs have been finding minus the tiberium. All that work is gone! They're not hurting for cash or anything and they have a large garden, but it still hurts.
Page 312 of 312