Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 810 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 7:33 PM
Default Maiden Names of Premade Sims
I may not be the biggest premade player ever (I consider myself more of a gimmicky savefile player who finds a few premade sims iconic to her) but as premade sims are often a big part of my gimmicks, I often give premade sims maiden names. For example, in my Voltron AU sims (and even in my usual non-AU simstories) Susan's maiden name is Bronte. Full name being Susanna Amanda Bronte. In my Voltron AU, Susan is the daughter of Lord Horatio Augustus Nielsim Bronte of the Seven Seas (an admiral and vague sim counterpart to Horatio Nelson) and Advisor Caral of Altea (an Altean Royal Advisor and equivalent of Coran in my Voltron AU).
Keep in mind that Susan and Blair would'nt be part Alteans in my non-Voltron AU stories, as Caral does'nt exist there. But Susan would still be Horatio's daughter, making her maiden name Bronte, after Susan's surname from the game files. In short, to me, Sunset Valley CAS sim n394: Susan Wainwright, is in fact Susanna Amanda Wainwright ne Bronte.

Of course, using maiden names on sims 3 sims does'nt seem to be very popular as most people do not really tend to expand premade sims' backstories. Many of the stories featuring her seem to keep her maiden name as Wainwright for recognization purposes.
Rico Rainbow Legacy
The Schlick-Wainwright Legacy. I've been banned from Carlsims3guide for being too inappropriate when I was'nt lucid enough, and I'd like if they unbanned me. Sorry if link is wonky.
The Alto Family (Yes, this is the simblr story's name.)

In fact there is only one other story with Bronte as Susan's maiden name and it is The Brilliant Minds of Sunset Valley. It also seems the only Wainwright simstory that is not after them breaking up and going with other people.
https://cheezeysims.wordpress.com/b...s-chapter-list/

Anyway, if anyone wants to read about Boyd leaving Susan for a legacy girl:
Okami Legacy
100 Blooming Flowers

Yes, there's also "The Real Sunset Valley", and it seems to agree with me and Tracy Cheezey about Susan being Susan Bronte, but so far not much seems to have been done with the Wainwrights, has it? I could read it to get me an idea about a "version" of it, so to speak, with my own lore, rules, and stuff, or at least to get me an idea on about how to play some premades.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 9:25 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 22nd Sep 2017 at 9:39 PM.
I have a little Word document from a few years ago that I wrote up on my calculator, there should be a bunch of premades in there.

Matthew Hamming > Matthew John Hamming
Renee Littler > Renee Abby Marie Bronson-Littler
Nancy Landgraab > Nancy Goldwin-Landgraab
Dylan Shear > Dylan Antoinette Shear

So I think the fact that there's only 4 of them demonstrates how little of a shit I give about premades.
Things get more interesting when I add my own characters in:

Isabelle Marie Gausset
Michael Bruce Sutherland-Parker
Akeem Sameh Fayid Harris
Daphne van Kampen

And I've been trying to come up with interesting names for my futuristic world. So you have names like Jenefere Tallarah-Barnes, Emilliane Sorayana DuFreysne Moya, and Aren Khalōto Yoong.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
I have a little Word document from a few years ago that I wrote up on my calculator, there should be a bunch of premades in there.

Matthew Hamming > Matthew John Hamming
Renee Littler > Renee Abby Marie Bronson-Littler
Nancy Landgraab > Nancy Goldwin-Landgraab
Dylan Shear > Dylan Antoinette Shear

So I think the fact that there's only 4 of them demonstrates how little of a shit I give about premades.
Things get more interesting when I add my own characters in:

Isabelle Marie Gausset
Michael Bruce Sutherland-Parker
Akeem Sameh Fayid Harris
Daphne van Kampen

And I've been trying to come up with interesting names for my futuristic world. So you have names like Jenefere Tallarah-Barnes, Emilliane Sorayana DuFreysne Moya, and Aren Khalōto Yoong.

My (current) headcanon names for them are different.
Matthew Hamming = Matthew Johnathan Sleep, then changed to Matthew Hamming (no middle name) by his agent. (Not a BP player)
Renee Littler = Renee Jalsomine Bertoldi, then Renee Bertoldi Littler during her marriage to Reuben. "Bronson" is just the first name of her first child, and is most likely after some brand name or whatever. (Not a BP player, again.)
Nancy Landgraab = Malcomina Lysette Adamswell Landgraab. As in canon, she's the Landgraab and Geoffrey's a Knack. Geoffrey James Knack-Landgraab. (The whole point of the story is that Geoffrey took Nancy's surname because the Landgraabs are an influential family, is'nt it?)
Dylan Shear = Dylanne Bramwell Shear (Not much of a RH player either. Your version of the name fits enough, too.)

Of course the full names vary. Mostly because the only towns I have really played much are SV and TB. I haven't got to play the other towns much for various reasons. Mostly because I haven't had Sims 3 UC for much and I should really do a RTJ!

And for futuristic names... my current story IS futuristic! The sims from Sims 3 Voltron AU:

Royal Advisor Caral
Princess Alkir of Altea
Yellow Paladin Connor Edward Frio (Connor Frio SV)
Green Paladin Robert James Castor (Robert Castor TB)
Blue Paladin Laurel Amanda Racket (Lolly Racket TB)
Red Paladin ???
Black Paladin ???
Admiral Lord Horatio Augustus Nelsim Bronte (Caral's love interest from a while ago)
Lady Susanna Amanda Bronte-Wainwright (Caral's daughter with Horatio Bronte. Also known as Susan Wainwright SV)
Boyd Allen Wainwright (Boyd Wainwright SV)
Blair Leigh Wainwright (Blair Wainwright SV)
Cycl0n3 H4xx0r Sw0rd (birth name Hoshiya Buck Midden, usually called Bucky as a baby\toddler\child) (Cycl0n3 Sw0rd SV)

Many more premade sims than you, and quite a few of those names aren't expecially futuristic, but.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 1:59 PM
Nowadays I don't particularly care for premades. I'd rather make an heavily CC'd sim and have them kill all SV premades in the first week, than play a premade family as they start up as and keep them Wishacy. This means that if there is anyone with the last name wainwright in my sims games from 2017 or 2018, it's most likely a coincidence. Surnames are a social construct anyway.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 3:16 PM
I never play EA sims unless have to such as in testing a world in a clean game and have to use the Lums or the redhead with the irritating voice or whoever to run around and test a bit. Glover? Anyway, I always play my own I name and I never bother with middle or maiden names.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 4:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I never play EA sims unless have to such as in testing a world in a clean game and have to use the Lums or the redhead with the irritating voice or whoever to run around and test a bit. Glover? Anyway, I always play my own I name and I never bother with middle or maiden names.

I don't bother with surnames period, since they're a social construct anyway. When introducing a premade sim to a custom town, I prefer putting Appledorf Pancakebutt in the sim's first name slot and (Bertram Bedlington AP) in the sim's surname slot.

I usually hide the TS3 bin sims. This is because none of them really have connection to the story, and all of them seem much less interesting than the TS2 bin sims.

Heck I propably would end up not bothering even with skilling, LTWs, wishes, and traits. I will be playing in an emptied down SV with little to no mods. And what I would do would pretty much be telling a story.