Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 7696 (Who?), Viewed: 695697 times.
Page 308 of 308
Theorist
#7676 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 9:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocriel
I'm playing an overstuffed household with 9 sims which works well enough but when I try to move them to another house it says there are too many sims for one household. Is there a way around this?

Mods are required to create/play overstuffed households. I believe that AwesomeMod has its own way of handling these things, but if you are using NRaas mods then NRaas Mover is required for sims to move into or out of a household of Greater Than Eight or to move the entire household.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which%2...FAQ#Overstuffed
Field Researcher
#7677 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 11:52 PM
I've seen at least one person talk about playing Simsville, this recreation of the Sims 1 neighborhood for Sims 3. Does anyone else have trouble with it crashing randomly? No other town of mine crashes this badly.

At first it kept crashing when I moved my first family into their house. So I deleted it and tried again. This time it worked and I was able to move in my family, but I keep getting random crashes still. I've deleted my cache files and my thumbnails. I'd contact the creator, but it doesn't look like she's been active in the Sims community for a long time (the world is only updated to WA). Any help would be appreciated!

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Theorist
#7678 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroodle
I've seen at least one person talk about playing Simsville, this recreation of the Sims 1 neighborhood for Sims 3. Does anyone else have trouble with it crashing randomly? No other town of mine crashes this badly.

At first it kept crashing when I moved my first family into their house. So I deleted it and tried again. This time it worked and I was able to move in my family, but I keep getting random crashes still. I've deleted my cache files and my thumbnails. I'd contact the creator, but it doesn't look like she's been active in the Sims community for a long time (the world is only updated to WA). Any help would be appreciated!

I'm not sure who you are thinking of, but I've been playing that world for a few months now. I haven't had a problem with crashing.
Theorist
#7679 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 3:07 AM
@igazor Is it possible for sims to text each other in the same household? If so, what do I need to do to make that happen?
Theorist
#7680 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 8:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
@igazor Is it possible for sims to text each other in the same household? If so, what do I need to do to make that happen?

Am going to have to check on that, but I'm pretty sure that texting within the same household is not allowed for in the game's programming in much the same way that members of the same household cannot call each other to chat or send mail amongst themselves (love letters).
Theorist
#7681 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 8:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
Am going to have to check on that, but I'm pretty sure that texting within the same household is not allowed for in the game's programming in much the same way that members of the same household cannot call each other to chat or send mail amongst themselves (love letters).

EA strikes again. I rarely get the urge to be a deviant in my game. My plan was foiled even before I got to try it. Meh.

Thanks.
Theorist
#7682 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 1:49 PM
Quote:
EA strikes again. I rarely get the urge to be a deviant in my game. My plan was foiled even before I got to try it. Meh.

Thanks.

So there was more to this than wanting to text the sim sitting across from you at the dinner table to pass the salt shaker? (that would be a typical scene from my sister's house when her three kids were all teens, on some days verbal communications were at a premium...)
Theorist
#7683 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 2:20 PM
Quote:
So there was more to this than wanting to text the sim sitting across from you at the dinner table to pass the salt shaker? (that would be a typical scene from my sister's house when her three kids were all teens, on some days verbal communications were at a premium...)

Yes, there was.

Two of my sims have a 'complicated relationship'. They creep each other out all the time, but they never argue over a steamy shower together. I thought it would be fun to have them send woohooty texts to each other occasionally just to see what the response was. Would they continue to be creeped out, or would they be...
Forum Resident
#7684 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 9:13 PM
My stupid question:
Say I made a house on a lot that's bigger than it needs to be... say it's a 30x30 lot but the house fits well within 20x20. Is there any way of taking just the house and saving it to the library for a 20x20 lot?
Asking for a friend.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#7685 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
My stupid question:
Say I made a house on a lot that's bigger than it needs to be... say it's a 30x30 lot but the house fits well within 20x20. Is there any way of taking just the house and saving it to the library for a 20x20 lot?
Asking for a friend.

That's a really smart question. If somebody were to make a mod that could achieve this I am sure it would be a huge success. It used to be possible to crop lots in The Sims 2.
Theorist
#7686 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:19 AM
Quote:
My stupid question:
Asking for a friend.

Would changing the lot size with Add Any Lot Size then saving it, work?
Theorist
#7687 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 3:46 AM Last edited by igazor : 14th Jun 2018 at 4:43 PM.
Quote:
Would changing the lot size with Add Any Lot Size then saving it, work?

No, because the lot would still be 30x30. What the mod does is allow us to create custom sized lot footprints for placement that don't appear by default on Edit Town, it doesn't allow us to put what are now larger lots on smaller ones.
Lab Assistant
#7688 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 5:25 PM
Quote:
My stupid question:
Asking for a friend.
You might try using velocitygrass's Blueprint Maker to recreate the house on the desired sized lot. That's what I had to do with one of my favourite houses, The Apricot by Lemonjelly. A fantastic house, perfectly suited to my style of play but the lot size was, to me, unnecessarily large. I used velocitygrass's Blueprint Maker to recreate it on a 30x30 which suited me down to the ground.

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Lab Assistant
#7689 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 8:36 PM Last edited by Nocriel : 15th Jun 2018 at 9:05 PM.
So I just started a brandnew save and my sims learn all their skills ridiculously fast, the woman got her street art skill to almost level 4 with her very first ground mural (she does have Artistic and Avant Garde traits but still...) No cheats, no moodlets that mess with skill gain, no supernatural states, just mere human beings.
The only thing I can think of that could affect skill gain is nraas Relativity but that was still on default settings (brandnew game as I said).
What's going on and more importantly how can I fix that?
edit: Neeeevermind, a simple restart fixed the problem (and luckily it was only the first day so not much lost). Now she only reached the first level of street art with her first ground mural
Field Researcher
#7690 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 12:20 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure who you are thinking of, but I've been playing that world for a few months now. I haven't had a problem with crashing.

I'm sorry, I couldn't remember who I was thinking of. I guess I'll have to give up on that world. Thanks for the feedback, though.

(Edited to avoid double-posting)

Another question: if I were to attach a vacation town and move new sims there with Traveler, would that increase my risk for Error 12s? I like the town I'm playing now, but I'm running out of houses!

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Theorist
#7691 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 12:45 AM
Quote:
Another question: if I were to attach a vacation town and move new sims there with Traveler, would that increase my risk for Error 12s? I like the town I'm playing now, but I'm running out of houses!

Not really. The game can only simulate one world at a time, the actively being played one, while others remain in suspended animation. Foreign connected worlds only get loaded up and use RAM and other resources when traveled to. During the travel transition, the first world is released before the second one loads up.
Field Researcher
#7692 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 12:48 AM
Quote:
Not really. The game can only simulate one world at a time, the actively being played one, while others remain in suspended animation. Foreign connected worlds only get loaded up and use RAM and other resources when traveled to. During the travel transition, the first world is released before the second one loads up.

That's great news! Thanks for getting back to me.

Theorist
#7693 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 1:15 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry, I couldn't remember who I was thinking of. I guess I'll have to give up on that world. Thanks for the feedback, though.

The only time I've ever had a problem with my game crashing is when I have a mod conflict or bad CC. I kicked the bad CC habit a long time ago. When I download something from a creator I'm not familiar with, anything I download goes into a test folder. If my game starts giving me grief, I know where to look for the problem.

The last time I had a mod conflict was with some Nraas mods. The mods were not the problem, it was me. I had one that was for the wrong patch and my game gave me fits for two days. Just when I thought the issue was solved, it would crash again. In the end, I re-downloaded every Nraas mod I normally use, uninstalled the ones I had and haven't had a problem since.

If your game was giving you trouble otherwise, I'd say check things for things like bad CC and possible mod conflicts if you use them, but since that doesn't seem to be the case, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry.
Test Subject
#7694 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 1:13 AM
Could anyone point me to a mod that randomises voices for in-game born sims? Always having voice 1 is driving me mad!

(Sorry if this is wrong thread)
Top Secret Researcher
#7695 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 5:41 AM
Do you mean the NRASS feature "inherit voices"?
Lab Assistant
#7696 Old Yesterday at 11:06 AM
How do I add NPCs to a new community lot? Specifically a stylist and a tattoo artist to my new salon. I never built community lots myself before and just assumed they spawn automatically when you have the objects/lot assignment but so far there's no one to be seen.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7697 Old Yesterday at 12:11 PM
Your assumption is actually correct, the game should either assign an existing Sim from your neighbourhood or create a new one for these roles if none are available. They don't spawn next to the object, though, like in previous Sims games. They are full Sims and will either be residents or homeless Sims that will have to commute to the objects every day.

There are several possibilities why you haven't seen any stylist and tattooist yet:
(1) The lot has to be designated as a Salon in Edit Town; just placing the objects on some random community lot won't work.
(2) The Sims are already assigned but are stuck somewhere (in an apartment building, for example)
(3) The lot is built such that the assigned Sims cannot reach the lot and wander around aimlessly in the world instead
(4) Your world doesn't have enough Sims and the game is too busy to do other things that it hasn't found the time yet to create a stylist and tattooist.

If you use MasterController you can check whether the world has a stylist and tattoo artist already. Click on City Hall or a computer and choose NRaas/MasterController/Sim/Status/Personal/Type of Role.
If you use NRaas Register you can also select a Sim manually and/or determine what type of Sim can be assigned.
Page 308 of 308