Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1451 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 12:24 AM
I reckon that if we're all pissed off enough by it, eventually Delphy will figure out something. Maybe auto-banning users whose voting habits are disproportionate to their other site activities (such as posting or downloading files), if any. I'm definitely one of those people who believes that if you have nothing useful to say, maybe you shouldn't get to say anything at all.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Theorist
#1452 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I reckon that if we're all pissed off enough by it, eventually Delphy will figure out something. Maybe auto-banning users whose voting habits are disproportionate to their other site activities (such as posting or downloading files), if any. I'm definitely one of those people who believes that if you have nothing useful to say, maybe you shouldn't get to say anything at all.

An interesting philosophy coming form someone who implied some site members are "barely literate idiots with TS4 avatars"
Mad Poster
#1453 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 12:54 AM
I'm not much if not horribly opinionated, but that doesn't mean that the things I say don't have a purpose and a meaning.
In that case, the purpose and the meaning was to distance myself from the potential suggestion that I was in fact being serious about the whole "Adolf Hitler was great guy" thing. Which I'm sure is how you'd have interpreted my previous posts if you're a barely literate idiot with a TS4 avatar.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#1454 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 12:59 AM
I wasn't really part of that conversation so no opinions formed on that. And that wasn't me who disagreed on your post!
Theorist
#1455 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I wasn't really part of that conversation so no opinions formed on that. And that wasn't me who disagreed on your post!

I don't even see the point in using the button anymore even when I DO disagree with someone because it's completely lost all meaning :\
Test Subject
#1456 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 1:14 AM Last edited by FabulousWu : 7th Sep 2017 at 3:47 AM.
Default Baby too Attached (Literally)
I usually have a smooth sailing game without glitches, and when I get them I am very intrigued

Mother PLEASE don't let go

Internally: (MOON I AM SICK OF YOUR SHIT GO TO BED)
Edit: I changed the links, I used imgur for the pictures, I hope you can see better
Scholar
#1457 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 1:26 AM
FabulousWu, I can't see your pics, it says you don't have 3rd party hosting. Can I suggest imgur instead?
Theorist
#1458 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 3:24 AM
I have a friend I spam my images to, then link them from the URL generated by Discord! :D

But you can view broken photobucket images like this by right clicking and selecting "open image in new tab" then doing the same thing to the broken image it brings you to!

3rd time's a charm!
Test Subject
#1459 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 4:00 AM
Default Just Eat the Monte Cristo in the Pool
My game runs how I want it and I come from playing the sims 3 so when I got sims 4 I was surprised that the sims seem to do more realistic actions.

So when I saw my sims pass the table where he got his food and decided to sit at the pool instead , I kinda questioned it but then I realized that I have in fact, eaten with my legs in the pool a couple days ago, maybe we are sims ourselves?
Scholar
#1460 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 4:07 AM
Was someone nearby? They seem to gravitate towards eating around others, even if the other is in the pool, or, er, dropping some kids in the pool...

Now that my game is up and running again I'm playing the guy on the far right. Those are his brother and sister. They are grandchildren of two founders.

(I had to reset my game because I had bad CC making a house unable to load...)
Test Subject
#1461 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 4:46 AM
Default Experimentation?
So in the Sims 3 I was usually a good sims maker and I was able to make a lot of different looking sims, and I wanted to give my hand at making one.

This was somewhat an attempt, I was going for a lifeless beauty demon and I have to say she looks like one of my main female sims.

It's too easy to make attractive sims but I'm not complaining, I just got to think more outside the box.
Scholar
#1462 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 5:28 AM
She definitely is beautiful!
Field Researcher
#1463 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 7:42 AM
Default I should be sleeping.
Okay, I am really late to the how sims look party/discussion/show and tell, but I spent a good 20 minutes compiling sim portraits kidding, it took me like an hour because I am a proficient time waster, so I am posting anyway?
But first to bring it back to what's happening in my game:

This funny looking couple got engaged. I am excited for ugly babies.

Vampires who love the outdoors are endlessly frustrating amusing.
"Now that you see Kristopher's brother Colby, who do you prefer?"

"I'll admit that I'm really not into blonde or red-head men"

Colby, Colby by far. He sort of looks like a sim I have in my game who I am fond of. Plus I am partial to long hair and the like.
In real life, I am not so much into blonde people either, but I have about 25 blonde sims currently.
I love red hair though, there's about 10 gingers in my game - everyone else has brown or black hair (unless it's dyed bright, but there's only a couple of those).
By the way, I find these two sims to be super, super attractive:
And I know you're over your sims looking the same, and yeah - I find it funny how often in real life people look eerily similar; but if it's something you actually want to change it, I have a little advice.
(Only if you want to read it/ view an unnecessarily large collage of sim faces)

Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
"how the HECK do you have an entire Irish family and no red hair?! As someone with Irish blood.... like.... screw you, red hair is nice."

It is nice! I do agree the game shades are a bit... eh - but dang, I still have to have them in my game:
Just a ginger sim image dump
Your sims have an anime-made-sim feel to me, which is cool. Very different from what I do, so it's fresh.
I think I like your Crane family the most, very cute. Is that the one with the unemployed dad?
Scholar
#1464 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 8:33 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 7th Sep 2017 at 9:24 AM.
Thats Isaiah and Nigel... the sims you like. Nigel was a fat guy when I first made him.

This is was him.

And now.

Whooooahhh your redheaded sims look so good maybe I'll have to make a redheaded guy... but I have so many sims I'm afraid my game will explode. Loving the freckles. Really nice looking sims, especially love guy #1. I figure the reason I'm generally not into blond men is because I am blond...there are exceptions though.

This is roughly the kind of 'facial mapping' I use when spacing the features of sims. Those sims on that collage look really amazing, lots of variety. My problem is too that I also tend to pick the 3 same basic brow shapes (and always short hair) and arrange them in similar positions. Sometimes, the way some simmers set the eyebrows looks bizarre and makes their sims look angry. I dunno. Everyone has their own style I guess. I definitely always seem to pick similar jaw shape. What I typically do when I create a sim is I start from a random sim and just kind of mold him into what I want him to look like. And as I said I use this, or a real person as my map.

I think this is the kind of spacing that I go for. I try to avoid eyes that are disproportionately large, mouths that are too wide, ect. Of course, nobody is perfect and nobody's features will fit into that exactly. Thats what makes each human beautifully unique. Or a persons sims...

This particular sim is Gregory and he's a personal top 5 favorite. I really tried to make his features unique, using that kind of sleepy-eyed eye-set, and giving him a unique looking slope to his nose.

I was kind of going for a less conventionally attractive look in him. The fact is the kind of men I'm attracted to are often considered ...whats the word... different looking? Like I do like some conventionally attractive men but I also like Benedict Cumberbatch which I understand most people either think he's a bizarre looking alien or he's really gorgeous. I like Hugh Laurie. Gosh now I can't think of any names...

Edit: Forgot to add this;

Speaking of Colby, he aged up to young adult. Dad is on the left. As you can see he's pretty much 98% clone except jaw and chin are a little smaller.

Most of my sons who look "just like dad" at least have different colouring and more obvious differences but Colby is pretty much clone here so I changed his look -BEARD and hair so he is at least distinguishable from his dad, lol. His dad is a top favorite too. He's got that deep-set eyes look that I loove.
Mad Poster
#1465 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 11:43 AM
I don't even see the point in using the button anymore even when I DO disagree with someone because it's completely lost all meaning :\

What button? I'm not seeing any buttons that say "Disagree".

insert signature here
Theorist
#1466 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 3:49 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 8th Sep 2017 at 6:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by grindingteeth
Your sims have an anime-made-sim feel to me, which is cool. Very different from what I do, so it's fresh.
I think I like your Crane family the most, very cute. Is that the one with the unemployed dad?

Yes, they're the newest family but they're fun, dad is indeed unemployed. Rolled random traits so dad is athletic *and* clumsy. glorious. Daughter ends up doing all the dishes 'cause they can't afford new ones.

She's also managed to make friends with Caleb somehow. I consider the "teens" in this game to be 18/19, so I use MCCC to allow romantic relationships for teens, and the first thing Caleb did in my last game was have a fling with their neighbour's teenage son. but this time I'm putting my foot down, She is too young for you! you are immortal! you can wait! D<

The lighting just makes this screenshot worth a thousand words and a possible jail sentence

So I've decided she's an occult fan and may have Caleb turn her when she grows up
Kameron is already using Triplis' sorcerer mod. Something to do with trauma of his mom's death awakening dormant magical powers? Some dumb lore like that *shrug.*

Also pls, no, anything but anime! xD I'm a closet weeb who hates anime! lol
Scholar
#1467 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 4:44 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 8th Sep 2017 at 6:39 AM.
Okay so these two Aiden and Colin live with their cousin Preston. They're all cousins. Aiden is insensitive and has bad manners. Colin is Insensitive, has bad manners, argumentative, and uncontrolled emotions. They don't know each other well, but Aiden is best friends with Preston, as they grew up together. Preston is friends with Colin.

Aiden froze COLIN (I said Preston, that was incorrect ugh) with the SimRay (you don't want to know what he named it) and when he broke Colin out of the ice, Colin threw a temper tantrum.

Colin went off to celebrate his promotion and this mood came up. Might have been having a mood swing because he had to pee and wasn't having any fun.

Unfortunately its buried by being energized. Oh well.
Field Researcher
#1468 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 9:24 AM

Unfortunately its buried by being energized. Oh well.

It's only mild mood swing (+2 moodlet) on Young Adult. I bet your sim is on early stage of Young Adult?
Scholar
#1469 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 6:19 PM

I wouldnt worry too much about it. For starters there does seem to be someone who goes around the these forums disagreeing with nearly every post in most threads and then there are just the general dislikers... but yeah I see your point.
Scholar
#1470 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kompaktive
It's only mild mood swing (+2 moodlet) on Young Adult. I bet your sim is on early stage of Young Adult?

Yup he is. Just about week old.
Theorist
#1471 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 4:33 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 9th Sep 2017 at 6:04 AM.
So umm. I started looking for Disney stuff, then I saw some simmers doing a 7 toddler Disney Princess challenge... and uhhh

This is happening...

(they somewhat have their costume dresses as kids, I promise!)

I chose in chronological order, flipping a coin between Cinderella and Aurora because they both look very similar and I wanted to get Tiana in there to reach the "Modern Era" of Disney.
x.x also there was no Pocahontas dress in the set x.x

Also yes, dad is Mr. Didney himself!
Forum Resident
#1472 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 5:08 AM
I thought she was Aurora at first, because dress color.
Is the one between Belle and Mulan, Jasmine?

With my MCCC settings my legacy town died off since they were made with Long agespan in mind.
So I made some families for Orlando to get to know.
He got married and had a daughter, named Alanna.
Wolfgangs genetics continue to haunt me.
But she grew up with the mohawk, so I love my soft punk daughter.
blep

FOR THE HORDE
Theorist
#1473 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
I thought she was Aurora at first, because dress color.

It IS Aurora! :D
Is the one between Belle and Mulan, Jasmine?

It IS Jasmine! :D

The only Disney Princess who doesn't wear a dress! xD

I made them all as teens to male sure they look like themselves , then aged the down!
'cause editing children and toddlers to determine their adult look has always been extremely unreliable, as the Sims3 team discovered through Bella Bachelor! xD
Forum Resident
#1474 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 5:28 AM
It IS Aurora! :D

It IS Jasmine! :D

The only Disney Princess who doesn't wear a dress! xD

I made them all as teens to male sure they look like themselves , then aged the down!
'cause editing children and toddlers to determine their adult look has always been extremely unreliable, as the Sims3 team discovered through Bella Bachelor! xD

Oh oops i thought you were trying to decide which one she looked like the most and switch.
Are you telling me S3 Bella doesn't look like her previous adult versions, when aged up? Did those youtube videos lie to me?

FOR THE HORDE
Theorist
#1475 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 5:37 AM
Oh oops i thought you were trying to decide which one she looked like the most and switch.
Are you telling me S3 Bella doesn't look like her previous adult versions, when aged up? Did those youtube videos lie to me?

Yes.
Page 59 of 104