Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#3302 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 4:17 PM Last edited by TychoH : 22nd Apr 2017 at 6:23 PM.
Pleasantview townie Alvin Futa is called Alwin van der Voeten in Dutch. Van der Voeten means From the feet. Ever since I defaulted 90% of the Maxis clothes he wears shoes with his skin color, so it looks like he's barefoot.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3303 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Is this the ones you guys use ?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11972.0.html

Those are hacked versions of the Maxis fridges. I use Dickhurt's global mod that makes all existing fridges empty when bought. If a house come with a refrigerator, it may be stocked. If that's the case, just sell the fridge and buy a new one to get it empty. It comes in two versions. Get one or the other, NOT both. The readme says this should work for CC fridges, but you may want to test it to make sure.

Dickhurt's "No Free Food With Refrigerator"
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=288769

University variation - "No free food with refrigerator (except at dorms)"
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=303975
Mad Poster
#3304 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 11:58 PM
Thank you very much Rox. I have no cc fridge, and i think the version you linked might be a better option for me.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#3305 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 3:26 PM
I was just playing my game when I saved randomly as a checkpoint every real life hour, then I saw the husband burn to death by attempting to grill hotdogs, and said Meh, I'll just go with it.. so the family soon after has twins, mom finds a new husband almost instantly, has a kid with him, older kids are getting ready for college and then a glitch where step-dad is coming out of the driveway while the school bus arrives and the game crashes..
I didn't save any of that...
So when I reboot of course it's minutes away from the original husband deciding to grill hotdogs. I quickly install an outdoor fire alarm and all is saved, because he doesn't burn them anyways.. life goes on

I was just thinking like woah, this is like a view into an alternative reality for these sims. So many things could have been if only daddy died in a fire.. weird

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Mad Poster
#3306 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 3:47 PM
Think of it there are billions of alternative realities for premade sims.
Instructor
#3307 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
So many things could have been if only daddy died in a fire..

Pretty much what my ex said!

(And I'll be the first to click "funny" )

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Scholar
#3308 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 8:02 PM
Well, not sure if this is a good place to mention it, but I fixed the road texture for my grass replacement (before it had white stripes when you zoomed out a lot).

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#3309 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 8:11 PM
Is this a grass you already have for download?

Scholar
#3310 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 8:30 PM
Yes, this one. I should get around finishing my grassy dirt/concrete replacements, ferns, and plenty of other things, but I somehow feel like playing recently, so those things will have to wait But I think my next upload will be ferns, I tend to abuse them on my lots so maybe other people will find them useful too, and there isn’t much left to do – I need to make texture of them covered by snow (they’re not seasonal as I actually don’t want them to change [seasonal plants are a good idea technically, but for me personally they can be annoying – I remember I downloaded seasonal tulips at some point only to find out they only blossom in spring Realistic, yes, but I wanted to see the flowers all the time except when there’s snow around] except when they’re covered by snow), and covert them to hood deco. And I should probably make a version that isn’t visible from hood, but on the other hand, they explode only if you place a lot, and I don’t think there are many people like me who would put hundreds of them + plenty of other plants on a single lot. So I think I’ll finish the textures and the hood deco version, and make the lot one invisible in the hood view only if someone requests it. I know I wouldn’t use it personally, as most of the time they don’t explode (I think I have two lots with them exploded, and I have plenty of other lots with dense gardens that are fine).

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#3311 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
I was just playing my game when I saved randomly as a checkpoint every real life hour, then I saw the husband burn to death by attempting to grill hotdogs, and said Meh, I'll just go with it.. so the family soon after has twins, mom finds a new husband almost instantly, has a kid with him, older kids are getting ready for college and then a glitch where step-dad is coming out of the driveway while the school bus arrives and the game crashes..
I didn't save any of that...
So when I reboot of course it's minutes away from the original husband deciding to grill hotdogs. I quickly install an outdoor fire alarm and all is saved, because he doesn't burn them anyways.. life goes on

I was just thinking like woah, this is like a view into an alternative reality for these sims. So many things could have been if only daddy died in a fire.. weird

You played all that in an hour? :O
Mad Poster
#3312 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
Yes, this one.

Oh! So I should re-download then. Thank you.

Mad Poster
#3313 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 10:56 AM
I've always wondered: how many boots does it take to make boot soup, and what does it taste like? Plus, where's the recipe for it?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#3314 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Plus, where's the recipe for it?

Don't know about boot soup, but if you wrap them in a pastry crust you get "Boot Wellington"

(Sorry, I'll get my coat and shut the door on the way out!)

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Mad Poster
#3315 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
where's the recipe for it?

http://bootsoup.blogspot.com.ee/2009/02/boot-soup.html

I'd use only piece of boot and much more other ingredients.
Mad Poster
#3316 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 3:50 PM
I'd like to ask for a favor. Last week I made a mod that shortens the time it takes to make craftables, and I always try to be thorough so you know what to expect from my mods, so I want to look at custom crafting stuff to see if mod will affect them. Problem is I don't use any of them myself. I'm wondering of those of you that do would be willing to send me links to the custom crafting stations they use that follow the same pattern as Maxis ones, where you start crafting and a blue bar appears telling you the progress. That way I know which ones people use and I can take a look at them to see how they work and if my mod would affect them.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3317 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 6:11 PM
You could try PBK..many are talking about it, and downloading from there..seems like a place where you'd find custom crafting stations of all kinds. But I have no clue how to find stuff there, sorry.
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/index.php
Oh and...
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=547220

Mad Poster
#3318 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 6:34 PM
Thank you Rosebine, but that's not quite what I had I mind. I have a general idea of which creators may have that kind of creations. I was hoping people who use custom stations can send me the specific one they use. The whole idea is to avoid having to go on a hunt myself for things I'm never going to use.

Mad Poster
#3319 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 1:48 AM
Gummilutt, are you looking for testers? I use all of Sun and Moon's sets in a couple of my games. I'd love to test for you. I'm really good at breaking stuff and pretty good at telling the programer how I did it. Make stuff? Nope. Test to destruction? Yep.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#3320 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 11:13 AM
Awesome! That would be great Sunbee! I'll send you a PM when I get back home

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3321 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 11:21 AM
Gummi, all the ones I pm'd you were faster than normal even though I didn't really notice if the bar started higher since I thought you wanted times.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3322 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:20 PM
Thanks jo! Sorry for not being clear enough in the first PM, should have mentioned what to look for. And thanks for confirming that it was indeed faster

Forum Resident
#3323 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:50 PM
There's a lot of dark, disturbing and racially charged conversation on the forum lately and I think I'm better off out of it. I just don't want to come here anymore.
Mad Poster
#3324 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:53 PM
Can't you just avoid those threads or block those people? It would be a shame to lose you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3325 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
There's a lot of dark, disturbing and racially charged conversation on the forum lately and I think I'm better off out of it. I just don't want to come here anymore.

If it is the case, then hit Report this post, if something offends you. Mine included. There is no exceptions when it comes to this. Members should feel good about participating here, get entertained and informed. If this becomes offending for you, don't hesitate and report. Mods will take care of it.
MTS should be a friendly place.

Page 133 of 514