Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#3326 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 9:49 PM
*hugs terula8*

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3327 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
There's a lot of dark, disturbing and racially charged conversation on the forum lately and I think I'm better off out of it. I just don't want to come here anymore.

Please report and show us where.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#3328 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 2:18 PM
I'd also be interested in knowing what that was about.
Link Ninja
#3329 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 5:03 PM Last edited by Charmful : 26th Apr 2017 at 6:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

The only place in sims 2 forum I have seen anything racial was in the 'How annoying would it be' thread where there was a discussion about why EAxis didn't include turn-on and turn-offs for skin shades.

**edit** and the one FranH linked below but I never went in there, so I didn't see it.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#3330 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 5:14 PM
Funny how quickly your favorite family can become your most dreaded family. One of my favorite sims was expecting and she had quadruplets.
Mad Poster
#3331 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 5:18 PM
Quote:

I think it got a bit dark and weird in this thread:
General - How much do you think Sims are worth in Simoleons?

It then turned around, but there was an undercurrent of something not quite so nice running in the background..which means we should keep any hint of real life politics, etc out of the forum.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3332 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:35 AM
Whatever it was, reviving it/feeding it by posting links is not the smarter thing to do, don't you think?
It only spread it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#3334 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I think it got a bit dark and weird in this thread:
General - How much do you think Sims are worth in Simoleons?

It then turned around, but there was an undercurrent of something not quite so nice running in the background..which means we should keep any hint of real life politics, etc out of the forum.

I think the idea of the thread was innocent enough, I'm assuming it was meant in the way similar to how celebrities have a 'net worth' attached to them. But then the discussion went to slavery and human trafficking, which is a real and serious problem, especially in my area. But you're right. This is a forum to discuss things related to The Sims series, not our personal views on social and political issues.

Anywho! One thing I was thinking about while playing today was why dormies in uni always run off and hide in their rooms literally ALL the time. It's funny because if you make one of them selectable during their retreat back to their rooms, their action will read 'Hide.' Yet whenever it's the middle of the night when all my playable Sims are asleep, they are all out at the same time. I don't get it, lol.
Mad Poster
#3335 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 6:56 AM
It's pretty naive to think such a topic wouldn't inevitably go to such a place, though. Our fiction reflects our worldviews, and we do ourselves a disservice to pretend this is not true.

It sounds as though your dormies have circadian rhythms out of synch with your playables. I always have plenty of dormies out and about in my dorms - unless I particularly want to cultivate one, in which case they only come out when everyone is around except the playable I want to get acquainted with them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#3336 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 7:06 AM
That moment you get all excited to check out the recolors you just finished, and the game crashes.

It's all a conspiracy...

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#3337 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 1:01 PM
I've decided that the major of my town is going to hire my street performer Alicia to provide free entertainment to the community, have her put together a band that plays music a the community stage every friday and saturday night for the public to come listen to if they want to. But I can't decide how much they should get paid. I figure they'll do perform for tips so that public can give extra tips if they want, so they should get some base-income that way, but I want there to be a set amount too. I'm thinking I'll have 4 band members. 2000 seems about reasonable, but 500 per person and day is not very much in the long run. Hm hm.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#3338 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:07 PM
I really like what the post processing mod does with the game looks (however the blur effect isn’t always like I’d want it to be), but it’s a shame it affects the performance so much.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#3339 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:12 PM
I don't even feel like going back to my main Neighborhood to play it. I just feel like extracting my favorite sims, and plant them in that new map I am making.
It might become my favorite 'Hood, once I am done decorating it, and placing everything. For now, it is still fresh out of SC4. And, I must rework it to allow beach lots..for now, they won't place.
But I've been working on my old creations, or making new ones so much these days...that I found no time for my new map. I miss playing.

Top Secret Researcher
#3340 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 4:30 PM
I hate it when one of my sims is trying to go on a date with a dormie and then they just leave the lot! Talk about having rude manners, at least say goodbye! I know the solution is to take them to a community lot but man do I hate that loading time lol.

I think my game is getting closer and closer to 'dying' It freezes a lot more often (when sims come home with guests specifically, just like half second freezes nothing major that leads to a crash) and I can just tell its slowwwwwly getting worse
Theorist
#3341 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 12:48 AM
I wondered what would happen if the kids were left home alone with the family cat

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#3342 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 12:58 AM
wow...they are quite talented.

Inventor
#3343 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
I wondered what would happen if the kids were left home alone with the family cat.

Oh my god, that is beautiful
Mad Poster
#3344 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
I wondered what would happen if the kids were left home alone with the family cat

That is a very, very patient cat.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#3345 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 8:51 PM
Don't trust the cat!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#3347 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 2:50 AM
I’m weird.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#3348 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 4:17 AM
The RL end of the semester is a good time for re-watching movies and TV shows that you already know (so you can just have them on in the background while writing final papers and literature reviews and whatnot, so I've been re-watching every Marvel film and TV series in their proper order, and it really has me thinking something over and over...

Why hasn't there ever been a Superheroes EP for any of the Sims games?!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#3349 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 12:22 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 29th Apr 2017 at 12:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
The RL end of the semester is a good time for re-watching movies and TV shows that you already know (so you can just have them on in the background while writing final papers and literature reviews and whatnot, so I've been re-watching every Marvel film and TV series in their proper order, and it really has me thinking something over and over...

Why hasn't there ever been a Superheroes EP for any of the Sims games?!

The Sims 3: Movie Stuff had some Superhero elements in it. It didn't give anybody superpowers, but you could have cool costumes, cars, etc. This seems to be as close as any of them have gotten to a Superhero EP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdx...eature=youtu.be

Edited to add: There's also this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC5-dKVip8E
Top Secret Researcher
#3350 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 4:30 PM
Well there is the Supernatural expansion pack. And is there any real difference between superpowers and magic?
Page 134 of 516