Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 7229 (Who?), Viewed: 668735 times.
Page 290 of 290
Lab Assistant
#7226 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:59 PM
A quick question - When two different rabbitholes are placed in a single lot, would both of them work as intended?
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#7227 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 6:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlseis
A quick question - When two different rabbitholes are placed in a single lot, would both of them work as intended?

Yes, Sunset Valley has a single lot with a Supermarket, Theatre and Bookstore on it.
Instructor
#7228 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:33 AM
I have a household of a guy and his plumbot.

Do the usual stuff to get an alien abduction - get space rocks and use the telescope.
Every single time the alien grabs the plumbot. But what we're doing here is trying for an alien baby.

I tried sending the plumbot to the library during promising alien abduction hours... but then nothing.

Is my human sim that ugly? How can I get the alien to grab my human male sim?
Lab Assistant
#7229 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 11:18 AM Last edited by dlseis : 19th Nov 2017 at 12:53 PM.
Why not try splitting up the household before trying the abduction scenario? Since the aliens only try to abduct the actives and not the townie ones?

I actually have the opposite problem. The aliens always try to abduct my Sim, and what's funny is, they only try it when my poor Sim is making love with his wife. They only do it just for laughs. Is it the WooHooium metal that my poor Sim picked up the culprit in all those love-related abductions?
Instructor
#7230 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlseis
Why not try splitting up the household before trying the abduction scenario? Since the aliens only try to abduct the actives and not the townie ones?

I actually have the opposite problem. The aliens always try to abduct my Sim, and what's funny is, they only try it when my poor Sim is making love with his wife. They only do it just for laughs. Is it the WooHooium metal that my poor Sim picked up the culprit in all those love-related abductions?

I was working on debugging it and found that there were problems with the mods I have installed that messed up game play. I had NRAAS retuner set so that if the telescope was used it was a 100% sure that I'd get an abduction event. Send the plumbot to the library at Midnight to read for 3 hours. No aliens. Remove another mod and try again.

Then it was just a matter of removing mods that might be messing it up. The mod causing the problem was a work in progress thing, just a matter of finding a prior version of it that still worked.
Page 290 of 290